shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us Your YELLOW gems. :)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered this golden zircon from Jim McCormick/ElvizPrasiolite. I've been wanting a larger round(ish) yellow stone so thought I'd take a chance on it.

It is just under 8 carats and around 11 mm off round, $600 (US).

golden zircon.jpg

What yellow gems do you have? Pics, pretty please! :)

Also, if I like this stone in real life, I envision it in either a flower ring or a sun pendant. Does anyone have a zircon ring or thoughts on its suitability for a ring since zircon is somewhat soft?

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful yellows! Most of my yellows are yellow diamonds but I do have a golden zircon ring and a citrine pendant and earring set.

DSC_3079.JPG

DSC_3087.JPG

IMG_9789.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow you have many gems! I love all of them but especially that sapphire.

Thank you! This is one of the sapphires from CeylonSapphireGems. I didn't know I wanted it until he told me the price. :lol: His yellows are a crazy good deal lately. It's at GIA getting a cert just because it's unheated.

BTW, AGL can't check for BE in-house which is why it went to GIA.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! This is one of the sapphires from CeylonSapphireGems. I didn't know I wanted it until he told me the price. :lol: His yellows are a crazy good deal lately. It's at GIA getting a cert just because it's unheated.

Yes I started following him after seeing your stone; one of these is on my “wish list” now which is steadily growing....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My golden zircon just arrived. This is the first one I've seen in person and I'm not quite sure about it tbh because it looks so different in different lights. I haven't been able to capture it all that accurately on camera but it goes from just looking like a run of the mill citrine with dark shadows in it to glowy showy orange-yellow to bright yellow and throwing off little gorgeous flashes of light everywhere. Guess I'll play with it for a day and see. Input is most welcome! (Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings lol). Would you keep it or send it back?

Here are a couple of pics (It's a gloomy day here today):

golden zircon1.jpg golden zircon2.jpg

Last edited:

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I see two pictures. One in shaded light. One with light hitting it directly. Zircon does need light to show off its dispersion. If the light is blocked, so is the dispersion or sparkle. Also, not all lights are great for dispersion. The best lights are sunlight, led, and incandescent. Some light does make a stones color more vivid depending on the color of the stone. This is typical of most stones.

Only you can decide if you like it. Zircons are definitely a stone for light, not the shadows. Sounds like you really like it in certain light and not so much in other or as the picture, shaded light. Also, you say you can't completely capture it on camera, so really, only you can decide as the stone probaly looks different (better or worse?) than your pictures. Does it look like the picture you showed first in any of the light? Again, only you can decide in the end. :)

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
So I don’t have too much yellow, but what I have , I love. I especially enjoy my yellow sapphire ring in the summertime on a sunny day. It’s a 3.54 ct. elongated cushion, treatment unknown, handmade in 18kt gold with two brilliant diamonds in the front and back gallery.
I bought it in an antique store on consignment.
A gemologist at my favorite jewelry store thought it was untreated/unheated, but it’s not been verified.
The band is also handmade with three fancy yellow diamonds, each a different shade. They’re set into a pretty vine design. Also from an antique jewelry store. Don’t have specifics on the stones unfortunately. I know they sparkle like crazy and seem to be well cut.
C919BE19-8C98-479F-93F4-3A45481C9851.jpeg 5A7E8E09-2F1E-47D4-9667-B575C13CFD0A.jpeg CB59C131-F42E-4143-8F48-B052EA1364B4.jpeg

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE all your yellow stones! I’m currently in the process of getting a yellow beryl. I have a separate post for it.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Wow your stones are all beautiful. Where are they based? They seem to have tons of beautiful stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results