shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your promise rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Slow week around here so I thought I would start a fun new thread for us "ringless" gals to show off some bling! I would love to see all of your "promise rings", or necklaces or other sparklies your BF''s have given you!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my David Yurman that BF surprised me with.

Hmmm, won't let me upload pics, I'll try later. I'd still love to see all yours!

**Married and engaged ladies: you can play too!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is!

yurmanhand1.jpg

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Last one

yurmantable.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
26th birthday present--Tiffany Elsa Peretti tsavorite stacking band (not a promise ring)
IMG_0244.JPG

2007 Christmas present--the bottom one-14kt white gold with sky blue topaz
DSCF5113.JPG

2006 Christmas present-light blue sapphire bezel set
DSCF5188.JPG

So all jewelry gifts, but no "promise rings". Someone asked that about the ring, if it was a promise ring or not, and they got a definite no from FF. He''s very much an "engagement ring only" kind of guy.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke, Love that sapphire pendant of yours
30.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo...... I think I must have that Elsa Peretti ring.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, ooo, I'll play!

Here is my gorgeous promise ring and band, which is my avatar:
5f14_1.JPG

6105_1.JPG

I love it because it's dainty, unique, and I'm a staunchly yellow gold girl, but just adore the white gold/antiquing inlay, and it's so sparkly!
30.gif
It's an estate ring so I can feel good about having a 'recycled' luxury item, as both my partner and I have significant philosophical qualms about e-rings and the industry.

I also love that I can wear the band if I'm going to do something I'm leery of exposing the diamond to.

I have gotten so many compliments on this ring, and two of my friends have asked their SOs to model their rings after mine. Did I mention I'm totally in love with my promise ring?
41.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 9:27:29 PM
Author: Izzy03
Oooooo...... I think I must have that Elsa Peretti ring.
It's gorgeous. I get bored in class and whip out my loupe to look at it. It can come with a diamond, blue sapphire, pink sapphire, emerald, and I think that's it for now. They keep selling out of tsavorites and then getting them back again. Drove me nuts for a while.

I love your promise ring too Gala. I think it's great! (And it goes with the Miu Miu Teacup shoes!!!)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my pretty! Not a promise ring either, just fun.
1.gif
It''s alexandrite, my birthstone. Not real, we''re not loaded. Haha.

PS - I love yours Izzy! What kind of stone is it?

alexring1111.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my ring (I hope the attachment worked). I got it for Christmas last year, and when I opened it he started explaining to me how he had picked it out and the phrase that I remember most is..."There are two diamonds now one for each of us because we''re not married, when we join our lives is when we''ll join the diamonds into one" I thought it was so cute and thoughtful. It will make a nice little right hand ring when I get an upgrade...lol.

AMS2.JPG

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky Girls!!

In almost 3 years, BF has NEVER bought me jewelry before.

My engagement ring will be the first thing he gets me.
6.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so obviously the attachement worked! Sorry it''s soooo big! I haven''t posted anything yet with an attachement...I''ll get better! Promise!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 12:06:27 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Lucky Girls!!

6.gif

We''re the same way!! We''ve been together for over 3 years, and the ER will be the first jewelry from him. I kind of think its romantic! He dated his ex for 5 years and he had the same rule then too, its always been his thing.
1.gif
In our cases it will be the first and best piece!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 12:14:49 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29

Date: 8/6/2008 12:06:27 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Lucky Girls!!

6.gif

We''re the same way!! We''ve been together for over 3 years, and the ER will be the first jewelry from him. I kind of think its romantic! He dated his ex for 5 years and he had the same rule then too, its always been his thing.
1.gif
In our cases it will be the first and best piece!!

It is kind of romantic.. I guess....
2.gif
20.gif

Let me tell you though, I am definitely REALLY excited to get my ring. Maybe thats why he did it that way!! Deny me pretty jewelry for 3 years and then give me the best piece of jewelry EVER!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW Linda-I meant to say thank you. The pendant my favorite piece besides my ring (because I can stare at it all day!) except that it likes to pull my hair out.
40.gif
But I still wear it pretty often. As FF says, "It''s an everyday Liz item, and the bracelet is the fancy Liz item."

Whatever that means.
3.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
This is my claddagh ring. They are Irish rings, and the tradition goes that you wear it upside down if you are available, with the heart pointing out, but right side up if you are "taken" with the heart pointing toward you. SO gave this to me in high school (we''re both of Irish descent) and explained its meaning: The heart stands for love, the hands for friendship, the crown for loyalty.

I love it, and have worn it since the day he gave it to me on my right hand (about 8 years ago!)

Not a promise ring, really, just a sweet gesture. My left hand is naked!!

Photo 214.jpg

Booper717

Shiny_Rock
Here is my collection!

The first one is a promise ring from my SO, it''s a Aquramarine somewhere between 2-2.50 carets with a diamond halio. It''s from a mall store, but i absolutly LOVE it!

Next is a princess cut, a smidge over 1ct, H, Vs1

Last is an old promise ring from an Ex... it''s a .30 ct princess cut from a mall store as well, I still think it''s lovely tho!

And those are my fav pieces from my jewerly box!

0228081558a.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Booper your collection is stunning!!! What in the world is your engagement ring going to look like?!?!
Looks like you definitely have a wonderful SO in your life!
Congrats!

Booper717

Shiny_Rock

Thanks ams! My e-ring is just going to be a classic RB solitare a.78 ct. I have a major soft spot for solitares! My SO is great, but he didn''t supply all those jewels, he''d be broke! lol.

The first one is from him, the middle one was actually also from an ex, he had bought it with plans to propose, but "borrwed" my credit card as a payment method... needless to say that relantionship didn''t work out and I was left with a hefty balance on my card. He promised he''d pay it off, but didn''t, and it was too late for returns so when we split shortly after, I insited on keeping the ring (since I was the one paying it off!!) Now I''ve grown rather attatched and would rather keep it to give to my future children or reset it as a pendante then sell it, since selling it wld get less than half what I payed.
The last one is also from an ex, but luckily current SO dosn''t mind me keeping it around! I think I may have a jewerly fetish!

As much as I love all my rings, I can''t wait for the offical e-ring.. it''s fine if it was from a bubble gum machine, I just can''t wait for the meaning behind it!!!!!!!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
this isn''t a promise ring but it was my bday/1st anniversary from my SO...

it''s a 2.5ct garnet with a tiny diamond halo...I LOVE ITTTT!

my bday garnet collage.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 2:38:10 PM
Author: julie04
30.gif
this isn''t a promise ring but it was my bday/1st anniversary from my SO...

it''s a 2.5ct garnet with a tiny diamond halo...I LOVE ITTTT!
Ooooh that''s purdy!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, fun!

these are the sparklies my boyfriend has given me -- a pair of sapphire studs for our 2 year anniversary, a sapphire ring, an initial necklace from tiffany''s that he gave me for my birthday 2 years ago, and a pair of diamond studs he gave me for our first valentine''s day. he gave me the jewelry box in the background for our first christmas (which is what my dad gave my mom for their first christmas, aw
5.gif
)

IMG_0851.jpg

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
I would show you guys but I don''t know how to insert a picture
8.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 5:38:04 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Not a promise ring but a ring that SO bought me a few years ago. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-stunning-new-blue-topaz-ring-pics.55401/

It was resized since these pics and looks way better and smaller in person. The color is amazing and I wear it almost everyday.
I forgot to add that about a year ago I changed the prongs to double eagle claws and the ring is even more awesome but I don''t have any current pics.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
your promise rings! They are more gorgeous than many engagement rings out there!!!!!!!!!

What sweeties you have!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sunnyd!!!! It' a citrine stone. Citrine was my obsession about two years ago, and now I find myself obsessed with onyx and pink sapphires. Maybe I can get three promise rings... one of each!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... I just realized that my camera isn''t very good at up close small jewelry. But my little ring is something we picked out from Reeds for Valentine''s day. I had a pearl ring, but the pearl kept popping off, so I was scared to wear it, so we get this instead. It''s not really a promise ring... I don''t like the idea... but I just like having a ring to wear- but I wear it on my right hand- my left hand is reserved... I never wear rings on my left! Anywho... it''s like 1/20th of a carat, but it''s cute- I almost never take it off! He also got me some 1/2 carat princess cut stud earrings for Christmas, which I LOVE!

The pieces posted here are incredible, though!

reedsbeauty.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
These are my rings. The 3 stone diamond is actually my second promise ring. The first was an adorable little promise ring from Zales that I absolutely loved but the tiny diamonds kept falling out so after taking it back 3 times to get them replaced, FF finally just got me a new ring! The sapphire ring was a surprise gift at Christmas! I loooove it! I wear it on my right hand and the 3-stone on my left, although it''s just a matter of days (hopefully) before I am going to be getting my e-ring... So the 3-stone and sapphire will probably just have to take turns as my RHR.

siepearlsrings.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results