shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Mrs. Box with your rings!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So surprise that people still refer to my blog post that was written so many years ago! Wow!!
Hi @fussykiki !
Thank you for posting those instructions so long ago! Of course I had you bookmarked!
I made several of your square boxes with velvet and satin, but I had to cut the fabric to size 'cause I couldn't find the velvet ribbon you suggested in your instructions.
Yes, we are still making the boxes!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heads up here that Mrs. Box seems to be having quality control issues (still? again?).

I bought a set of five. All boxes show some combo of uneven and fraying seams, stains, glue bubbles (that you can’t “stroke out” with the grain), poorly covered cushions.

99F3CE8F-D99F-402A-9F64-6F6F484050F3.jpeg
ABE3DD2E-CD13-43DB-B197-A0B5F2E05B30.jpeg 21B6BCBB-20CF-4F32-854D-67474687AC48.jpeg C6E3484F-D1F5-42B7-8982-59878B67EF66.jpeg C5FC572B-3590-4F41-9F68-CFB07BDD2FDD.jpeg

The website states an easy return policy. I have emailed in to send all mine back.

P

Petalouda

I’m so glad you posted this @yssie. Was seriously looking at ordering one soon. Will wait a bit.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Heads up here that Mrs. Box seems to be having quality control issues (still? again?).

I bought a set of five. All boxes show some combo of uneven and fraying seams, stains, glue bubbles (that you can’t “stroke out” with the grain), poorly covered cushions.

99F3CE8F-D99F-402A-9F64-6F6F484050F3.jpeg
ABE3DD2E-CD13-43DB-B197-A0B5F2E05B30.jpeg 21B6BCBB-20CF-4F32-854D-67474687AC48.jpeg C6E3484F-D1F5-42B7-8982-59878B67EF66.jpeg C5FC572B-3590-4F41-9F68-CFB07BDD2FDD.jpeg

The website states an easy return policy. I have emailed in to send all mine back.

I think it might be still. I told myself I was just too picky and clearly my expectations were too high for those boxes. The edges looked just like yours :( I ended up having 3 of them. One I sucked it up and kept. Tried again in a different colour thinking I had to be a one off and was peeved it happened again so I exchanged it. Third box was just barely acceptable to me and I wasn't willing to mail it back again so I kept it. I was hoping QA had improved :( those beveled boxes were looking super tempting. I hope they get you your refund quick.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it might be still. I told myself I was just too picky and clearly my expectations were too high for those boxes. The edges looked just like yours :( I ended up having 3 of them. One I sucked it up and kept. Tried again in a different colour thinking I had to be a one off and was peeved it happened again so I exchanged it. Third box was just barely acceptable to me and I wasn't willing to mail it back again so I kept it. I was hoping QA had improved :( those beveled boxes were looking super tempting. I hope they get you your refund quick.

They're very precise and thick and sturdy - if done well they have potential to be much more neat than any that I've bought off Etsy! No bowing, no bending, sharp corners, clean edges. But for $75 a box before shipping for cardboard and velvet - "done well" is not optional :???:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
They're very precise and thick and sturdy - if done well they have potential to be much more neat than any that I've bought off Etsy! No bowing, no bending, sharp corners, clean edges. But for $75 a box before shipping for cardboard and velvet - "done well" is not optional :???:

Yeah they have the potential to be absolutely gorgeous! Probably why I'm still pining after them. It's just after my 3 experiences with them it's hard to want to give them money again. Even if the product looks really pretty. I just don't feel i can trust them to give me a good product. And seeing your multiple boxes with the same issues I had makes me sad. All that should've been worked out a long time ago.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The packaging is kind of hilarious...

So the set of five I bought arrives in an unmarked white box that just says shipping from The Mrs Box. If you happen to know that The Mrs Box sells ring boxes, great. If you're the husband of someone who happens to know that The Mrs Box sells ring boxes, well, "The Mrs Box" could be anything, really, right?

...The set of five boxes comes in a single long white box that is also unmarked on three sides. My other half asked if I wanted some privacy opening it :lol: I can definitely see how for those not in the know the proportions of this box - in combination of the mysterious The Mrs Box label - might be reminiscent of, um, other feminine utilities :lol:

1599803400909.png

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - have you tried the family joolz (etsy)?
The boxes I have are sweet! Bonus - woman owned business, made in America, mother, widow, breadwinner!!!

Sometimes when I don't want to "keep on keeping on", I think about how she has kept chugging along, and it motivates me.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - have you tried the family joolz (etsy)?
The boxes I have are sweet! Bonus - woman owned business, made in America, mother, widow, breadwinner!!!

Sometimes when I don't want to "keep on keeping on", I think about how she has kept chugging along, and it motivates me.

I bought five of her baby boxes yesterday! The smaller the better - I'm super happy to hear that I'm buying from a wonderful person, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought five of her baby boxes yesterday! The smaller the better - I'm super happy to hear that I'm buying from a wonderful person, too!

Well. Short review here. I purchased five boxes from The Family Joolz.

Size description on listing is inaccurate: Listing states approx. 3cm wide and tall; my five small square boxes range between 3.8-4.1cm tall and 3.5-3.7cm wide. By comparison, The Mrs Box boxes are exactly as described - all 3.5cm wide and 3.5cm tall on the dot.

Seller policy describes a 24hr refund period. Seller may ship anytime within a several-week period. However, seller will provide no leeway for COVID travel interfering with timing of receipt (which is understandable - she has no guarantee that the boxes have not been used in the meantime). If you, like me, travel for work despite COVID, I strongly suggest starting a conversation with seller prior to purchase to ensure practicalities of timing can be addressed.

The colours are gorgeous. And the packaging is completely adorable. However, at $35 each, the boxes are overpriced for quality, in my opinion. Seams don't match up on any of mine, top inserts aren't aligned, obvious glue/wax/melt(?) spots on the raised textured ribbon lining (not sure what it's called), foam visible on the sides of the ring inserts. Workmanship on one of my boxes is egregious - seller agreed to a refund of that one box. Seller offered to replace foam inserts, and attempt to lower box height on the others for an extra charge.

When I requested a return of all five, expressing that I was unhappy with the sizing inaccuracy first and foremost, seller provided explanation that the boxes are handmade and she's not a machine, and that if I'd wanted more specific information regarding box sizing than the approximation provided I ought to have inquired prior to purchase, and that I really should have purchased one box first to ensure I was happy with make. I suppose that's true.

All in all - really quite unimpressed. I'll try my luck with The Mrs Box again, based on accuracy of listing and unhesitating acknowledgment of obvious defects with immediate offer to remediate or refund.

Last edited:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I have bought 4 Mrs Boxes over the years (3 are the old style vintage velvet and 1 new style but still a couple of years old at this point). I also have 4 from JuliaB which were very well made for a fraction of the price. Sadly she no longer sales them. Most recently I bought a multi ring version from this Etsy vendor and was delighted at the quality. I bought the traveler size which I use for, well travel. It came in fitted velvet bag rather than a box. Can’t speak to the smaller version but the pics look great. Crisp edges and seams were super important to me as was smooth surface. If anyone is interested I can take a picture with my actual box rather than the one I copied from the vendor page. Just posting as another option, particularly for anyone who might be interested in a multi ring option.

C807A484-E245-4885-B146-7E59846F0256.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to give Mrs Box another try, as they were having a 20% off sale (it's now 30% off!).

My box came in and it is perfect. Perfectly lined up seams, perfectly invisible glue, perfectly aligned interior panel, perfectly directional liner, perfectly symmetric and covered pads... I'm very very happy!!

I have a beautiful dark red box that a friend made me and I need a couple of complementary neutrals, so I bought a couple more ::)

Their customer service is also fantastic!! :love: :appl:

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to give Mrs Box another try, as they were having a 20% off sale (it's now 30% off!).

My box came in and it is perfect. Perfectly lined up seams, perfectly invisible glue, perfectly aligned interior panel, perfectly symmetric and covered pads...

I'm thrilled!! I have a beautiful dark red box that a friend made me and I need a couple of complementary neutrals ::)

Their customer service is also fantastic!! :love: :appl:

Oh yay! Maybe I'll try and give them another try next year then. I'm glad you got one to your standards! Did you have to message anyone to do it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay! Maybe I'll try and give them another try next year then. I'm glad you got one to your standards! Did you have to message anyone to do it?

I just bought off the site! I do hope the other two are similarly awesome!!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought 4 Mrs Boxes over the years (3 are the old style vintage velvet and 1 new style but still a couple of years old at this point). I also have 4 from JuliaB which were very well made for a fraction of the price. Sadly she no longer sales them. Most recently I bought a multi ring version from this Etsy vendor and was delighted at the quality. I bought the traveler size which I use for, well travel. It came in fitted velvet bag rather than a box. Can’t speak to the smaller version but the pics look great. Crisp edges and seams were super important to me as was smooth surface. If anyone is interested I can take a picture with my actual box rather than the one I copied from the vendor page. Just posting as another option, particularly for anyone who might be interested in a multi ring option.

C807A484-E245-4885-B146-7E59846F0256.jpeg

I have four boxes from this vendor (VitaminLove) -- they're wonderful, and I'm about to order another. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an ad for the new Proposal style in my inbox today and I LOVE it!!

Anyone else feeing it? The one thing I don’t love about my Mrs Box boxes is the separate lid - it comes off too easily. This style - no lid!! I emailed in to ask about dimensions, hoping it’s tiny :love:

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I got an ad for the new Proposal style in my inbox today and I LOVE it!!

Anyone else feeing it? The one thing I don’t love about my Mrs Box boxes is the separate lid - it comes off too easily. This style - no lid!! I emailed in to ask about dimensions, hoping it’s tiny :love:

Wow, this one is nice. But still, a bit too pricy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
50BA5257-5666-4D59-8A5D-5527B2E7E714.jpeg
1E5EC5B2-BD14-4D83-BCB4-3C8401C1CEA1.jpeg
13E215BF-F6F9-42C4-A882-B866B4880424.jpeg
83874694-FD56-4303-AB6B-7E4D99D7791C.jpeg

The new Mrs Box Poposal style. Don’t recommend.

Material is thin and ribs easily. The stitch direction is very visible and on my box the material is not oriented N/S/E/W - it’s a bit skewed. Fabric on the sides of the interior pop out isn’t edged in any way, and frays if you breathe too hard.

Cute idea, questionable execution. I’m keeping this one because I do like the style, but I wouldn’t tell a friend to buy this style.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Material is thin and ribs easily. The stitch direction is very visible and on my box the material is not oriented N/S/E/W - it’s a bit skewed. Fabric on the sides of the interior pop out isn’t edged in any way, and frays if you breathe too hard.

Cute idea, questionable execution. I’m keeping this one because I do like the style, but I wouldn’t tell a friend to buy this style.

Glad you gave an update on this I think it’s so cute but with the hefty price tag I expect perfection.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock

i have a feeling that their QC is not very good. How come they allow such thing happens. The box isn’t cheap, I would expect sth close to perfect.

Btw, I like their print collection, let me make one myself.

htabby

Rough_Rock
I thought I would take a chance on the Mrs Box as I have been looking at them for a couple of years. I was a little worried based on other comments but decided to take the plunge on the new Noble box which fits larger rings and wider eternity bands. The new patterns looked gorgeous so I ordered the noble double Kyoto box - I was stunned how beautiful it was when it arrived. I am extremely picky and have gone over it thoroughly and its absolutely perfect - I couldn't love it more. I noticed in their pictures online - the new non patterned boxes looked like there were snags in a lot of the fabric; however, this patterned fabric is perfect!

Kyoto ring box.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would take a chance on the Mrs Box as I have been looking at them for a couple of years. I was a little worried based on other comments but decided to take the plunge on the new Noble box which fits larger rings and wider eternity bands. The new patterns looked gorgeous so I ordered the noble double Kyoto box - I was stunned how beautiful it was when it arrived. I am extremely picky and have gone over it thoroughly and its absolutely perfect - I couldn't love it more. I noticed in their pictures online - the new non patterned boxes looked like there were snags in a lot of the fabric; however, this patterned fabric is perfect!

Kyoto ring box.jpg
So glad yours came in perfect! I have three boxes that are pristine - when they do them right they really do them right! It’s unfortunate that they do seem to have regular lapses in QC.

BitOBlarney

Rough_Rock
I’m new here, but long time married and taking notes on these trends or things I’ve missed out on!

1. Go to Amazon and search for Mrs. Boxes.....
  2. Take brand new photos of 25+ year old rings with new plushy boxes!
  3. Take photos of my amazing 25th anniversary bling band I just received after lurking in this group for a bit. :D
You guys are all so very helpful. Thanks!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I got this enameled box back when they had their Cyber Monday sale..

IMG_20210129_2001450.jpg

And the rest of my Mrs. Boxes. I probably won't get any more as I'm running out of things to put in them. Besides my wedding set, they hold spacer rings and earrings like I saw @missy do. Or maybe that just means I need to purchase more jewelry. :lol:

IMG_20210218_0039583_2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say, Mrs Box's customer service is always exemplary :appl:

I did wind up writing in to send the Proposal box back - the silk style and the way the material covers the interior popout was just never going to work for me!

The rep I spoke to offered an exchange or a refund - I decided to exchange for two petite velvet boxes (I've already got three). Since my exchange was going to cost more than my initial spend, she created a 30% off code for me to match the sale I'd originally bought during, and she sent me photos of my two boxes to approve before shipping out. For a company that sells as much as they do - painless returns/exchanges and photos prior to shipping on a miniscule order (just two boxes!) is really going above and beyond!! ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve bought a few more boxes from The Mrs Box since my last post here. These days I pay for my order, and then email in to request they double-check the quality of the boxes in my order, and I’ve been very happy with all my boxes :appl: :love:

I was informed that the Classic size boxes are made by a different manufacturer than the Petite size, and they are much more consistently top-quality. My personal experience has been that the Classic boxes do indeed surpass the best made Petites: The lids are tighter, the wrapping is impeccable, no seams anywhere, the cushions are flat and more fully covered by velvet, the corners are sharper. I still like the Petite size better though!

F93D3A0A-DC9A-4E9A-82D8-3C3B4CE7EE61.jpeg
537D4F80-5489-4FE3-B4C3-22635FC70B0C.jpeg
88394A6B-AEE5-45F4-8143-21293455A990.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results