shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your BEST bling

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can define "best" however you like, it could be your beloved ering, the coveted pair of studs you've finally managed to save up and purchased and are wearing proudly everyday, the pendant that never leaves your neck, the best value you've ever got, a treasured piece of heirloom jewellery etc. If you have more than one piece, please show them all. And the story behind each would be an added bonus.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
This is the ring I'm most proud to own. 2+ ct emerald and 3cts of diamonds. I snagged it in an auction for $1300. When I looked in the shank it was marked GRAFF. :o
graff2%20009.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1316020021|3017441 said:
This is the ring I'm most proud to own. 2+ ct emerald and 3cts of diamonds. I snagged it in an auction for $1300. When I looked in the shank it was marked GRAFF. :o
graff2%20009.jpg

BEAUTILICIOUS! :love: And what an amazing price! :appl: How did you manage that? I'm jealous! :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Kelpie! Was that the deal of the century or what?!!! Beautiful!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new flower earrings are far and away the best quality diamonds I own.

Yellow-Gold-Flower-Diamond-Earrings-by-Whiteflash-30622_f.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1316023599|3017515 said:

Congrats on them! They certainly look stunning! Can't wait for earshots!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is my 5 stone I got off ebay .75ct F VS 1 :love: These diamonds sparkle like none others, they are stunning....I need to take some better pictures of it!

allmine481.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1316023599|3017515 said:

These are very pretty :love: Congrats! Wear them in great health. I'm so glad you decided to get something for yourself.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondrnglover|1316048523|3017871 said:
Mine is my 5 stone I got off ebay .75ct F VS 1 :love: These diamonds sparkle like none others, they are stunning....I need to take some better pictures of it!

Wowza! :love: Those babies sparkle like crazy. More shots please!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should post my best / fave bling here too.

In descending order of preference (esp for the newbies who may not have seen these before):

1) my 4.649ctw BGD studs - I wear these *every* single day. They are just nice and substantial enough for everyday wear without being too OTT (I normally don't push my hair back behind my ears and so these just "peep out" from under my hair). Linky: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-my-4-649cttw-bgd-lm-luscious-earrings.116165/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pictures-my-4-649cttw-bgd-lm-luscious-earrings.116165/page-4[/URL]

2) 2.656ct BGD milgrained bezelled pendant. I love this disco ball but it keeps flipping forward and gets dirty very quickly - arrrggghhh!! :angryfire: It's seriously risking being downgraded to my no 3 fave. Linky: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-2-656ct-barbara-pendant-5-444ctw-3-stone-ring.163076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-2-656ct-barbara-pendant-5-444ctw-3-stone-ring.163076/[/URL]

3) my 3.50ct pear ring. I've had a love/hate relationship with this. Oh ok, "hate" is a strong word - let's just say that when I first got it, I thought it was rather tinted (H colour) and of course the fireyness (sp?) is not comparable to my other super-ideal RB's. But it grew on me and now I love the fact that it is very spready (most people think that it's a 5ct) and didn't cost me anywhere as much as people think it did. And of course it still sparkles plenty! :tongue:

4) bracelet I bought from a local store. This was an impulse purchase - I fell in love with it the instance I saw it and finalised the transaction within 5 mins. It was quite a bit more expensive than what I'd have paid had I bought online (I reckon around $5k more), but you know what? I just had to have it and have not regretted since; I get complimented on it on a daily basis! :)) - shown here with another bracelet.

2.656ct pendant 1.jpg

Pendant_1.jpg

Pear Ring_6.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what happened to the pic I posted of my bracelet :confused: . Here it is again...

Bracelet.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phoenix, if you decide that you "hate" your pear and need to give it away, consider me first in line! :naughty: I love it! It looks awesome on your hand, especially with those 2 bands. If I recall correctly, you have very small fingers?

I have no photo to add right now, as I'm hoping that my OMB will be my fav. once it arrives! ;))

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby, that is a fabulous photo!! Simply stunning. :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely my e-ring. Mu DH picked it out himself and I love it for that reason, and the fact that it is my all time favourite style. The diamonds were pretty, but mutt cuts, and the inclusions were visible to the naked eye. I recently upgraded them to BGD Signature Stones of higher cut quality and clarity (they are all totally eyeclean), but the colour and diamond sizes are the same as th originals, so in appearance it is still my exact original e-ring, just alot cleaner and sparkliererer :bigsmile: :love: I love it so much!

YGThread 003.jpg

YGThread 005.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
ACA studs & jacket. Fancy light yellow ring.

threeamigos222.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1316088200|3018084 said:
Phoenix, if you decide that you "hate" your pear and need to give it away, consider me first in line! :naughty: I love it! It looks awesome on your hand, especially with those 2 bands. If I recall correctly, you have very small fingers?

I have no photo to add right now, as I'm hoping that my OMB will be my fav. once it arrives! ;))

Ha ha, you're too cute! Thank you for your kind words. I do have small(ish) fingers, my ering size ranges from 3.75 to 4.50 depending on my weight (d*mn the Hashimoto's), how much salt and booze I've consumed the night before. Right now, it's at size 4.

I've seen other Asian ladies with tiny fingers. We're talking size 2-3! :o Life is unfair!

OMG! Your OMB is just about the most *beautiful* thing I've seen in my entire life! :love: :love: . You're such a lucky duckie! I can't wait to see the finished ring.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1316092213|3018108 said:
Definitely my e-ring. Mu DH picked it out himself and I love it for that reason, and the fact that it is my all time favourite style. The diamonds were pretty, but mutt cuts, and the inclusions were visible to the naked eye. I recently upgraded them to BGD Signature Stones of higher cut quality and clarity (they are all totally eyeclean), but the colour and diamond sizes are the same as th originals, so in appearance it is still my exact original e-ring, just alot cleaner and sparkliererer :bigsmile: :love: I love it so much!

You're 3-stone ring is so elegant! I wish mine was the same. I wish I loved my 3-stone ring! [sigh]. It's so disconcerting, having spent a bunch of moohlahs on it and I simply don't *love* it. I mean it is nice but am not *in love*, ya' know (?!)

I lurve that your upgraded ering is modelled after yr original ering. How sweet.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1316092824|3018117 said:
ACA studs & jacket. Fancy light yellow ring.

Hmmmm...making me wanna rush out and get me some fancy light yellow bling. Delicious! :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's a toss up between my tsav or my ering. Both are sparklelicious.

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_5091.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have two favorites.

My 5ct emerald and 6.5ct diamond bracelet: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-emerald-and-diamond-braclet-is-finally-here-t153433.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-emerald-and-diamond-braclet-is-finally-here-t153433.html[/URL]

My other favorite I have a love hate relationship with- my 72.17 ct topaz/ diamond/ pearl bracelet. I love the bracelet but I have two major issues with it. First the topaz is irridated which really bothers me. Second the topaz is set extremely high up so it sticks out at least 1.5 inches from my wrist. I wish it connected to the pearls a little higher on the mount. I'm currently in the process of trying to find a larger emerald cut spinel or toumaline to take the place of the topaz. This will lead to eventually redoing most of the bracelet. I do love the diamond clasp though.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/72-17ct-blue-topaz-pearl-and-diamond-bracelet.157556/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/72-17ct-blue-topaz-pearl-and-diamond-bracelet.157556/[/URL]

Attachments

• Sarahbrac.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 4,519
  • mywritst.bmp
    731.3 KB · Views: 4,519

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sarahbear621|1316107216|3018269 said:
I have two favorites.

My 5ct emerald and 6.5ct diamond bracelet: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-emerald-and-diamond-braclet-is-finally-here-t153433.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-emerald-and-diamond-braclet-is-finally-here-t153433.html[/URL]

My other favorite I have a love hate relationship with- my 72.17 ct topaz/ diamond/ pearl bracelet. I love the bracelet but I have two major issues with it. First the topaz is irridated which really bothers me. Second the topaz is set extremely high up so it sticks out at least 1.5 inches from my wrist. I wish it connected to the pearls a little higher on the mount. I'm currently in the process of trying to find a larger emerald cut spinel or toumaline to take the place of the topaz. This will lead to eventually redoing most of the bracelet. I do love the diamond clasp though.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/72-17ct-blue-topaz-pearl-and-diamond-bracelet.157556/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/72-17ct-blue-topaz-pearl-and-diamond-bracelet.157556/[/URL]
Your bracelet is so swoony!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
These pieces are so amazing. I can't imagine owning anything like these!

Sarahbear, your emerald and diamond bracelet is stunning.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1316102816|3018232 said:
It's a toss up between my tsav or my ering. Both are sparklelicious.

I think the winner is clearly your e-ring. You did a fabulous job of choosing a great setting and D.I. did a great job of customizing it for you. GOR-GEOUS!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is SUCH a good thread idea. While I have to say that I love all my bebes ... at present, my faves have got to be (in order of acquisition):

1) my rough diamond rings - the green was given to me by my dad for my 21st bday, after I fell in love with it as rough and begged him not to have it cut: the white followed six months later for my college graduation; currently, I'm wearing them as wedding set alternatives while my fat little hands are too big for my usual pieces

2) my newly repaired 1.3 bezeled pear pendant - got a year and a half ago and only just had it polished to perfectly set off the stone. It was my first "big" purchase after the e-ring, and it's still the piece that makes me feel most luxurious, somehow.

3) my four carat eternity thumb ring, bought just because it is awesome - when I had it appraised, the guy squeaked with outrage over how little I paid

4) my vintage Tiffany gold and turquoise necklace - still waiting to hear back from Tiff's about the exact provenance!

Now, let's see if I can get the shots in the right order!

PS Alterna-Set 1.jpg

PS Alterna-Set 2.jpg

Shiny Pendant Post Clean-Up PS2.jpg

Turquoise necklace PS1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Whoops, couldn't find a pic of the thumb ring initially: consider this my comment on the pieces we've seen so far:

Thumb Ring 7.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best bling is the rings I bought to mark the births of each of my sons. For my older son, my .55 cttw. Dream half eternity from BGD in white gold. And for my younger, my great ebay find of a Birk's semi-bezel platinum ring set with a .31ct. G VS2 diamond.

babyring.jpg

Diamond Lover Girl

Rough_Rock
Trade
Phoenix your diamonds are so beautiful!!! Wow! I would die to own them :):) xx

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd like to add one more to the mix. My new Mahenge ring.

IMG_5360.JPG

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
My best bling has not quite arrived yet. I spent so much wasted time trying to get the best diamond, the biggest diamond, the best designer setting etc and not once was happy. Then out finances took a turn for the worse due to job cut backs and I sold off all of my diamond pieces with the diamond being the keystone. I tried sims and wanted so badly for them to work for me but couldn't get past the fact that I felt like I was wearing a lie. Then I thought that I would have some pieces coming from my Aunt but she decided that she can't bring herself to part with them while she is still alive (which I completely support and understand). I did learn a few good things along the way. First, I love 18k yellow gold. Second, finger coverage is key for me and this does not have to mean a large stone which is why my new diamond will be a five stone ring. Third, this will be the last ring. My ring is not about keeping up with a trend or impressing others. I am very appreciative that I am able to have this piece and will be well loved by me. The center stone is a J VVS2 AGS0 4.74mm that scored a 1.1 on the HCA with all Excellent (.38 carat or so, can't remember off the top of my head) with the side stones being the same color/clarity to match (2 3mm and 2 2.5 mm). The band is one that I fell in love with and bought off ebay. The worn patina sold me on it instantly :love: Pics of my band, my crappy diamond photo and one stock photo of the setting. The band with the little diamond in the last photo is my dad's 25th bday present for me. He picked it out himself because he knows how much I love yellow gold and sparkly stones! It's my right hand ring ::)

style_top.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111101122604.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111101122552.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111021225304.jpg

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix|1316071630|3018047 said:
Not sure what happened to the pic I posted of my bracelet :confused: . Here it is again...

you certainly did great on the bracelet~~! It is so beautiful.. I didnt know our local stores has such great bracelet collection. Normally the stones in the bracelet (local store context) are very small yet fetching a super high price. But that is such a gorgeous one you have chosen!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results