shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your best non diamond low maintenance pieces!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am working on my own stack of gold rings right now and will soon post pics once it is "complete"....

But I am starting this thread especially for those who just can't live without wearing jewelry and even on those days when you are gonna still wear your pieces while slapping on sunscreen or at work where you need to wash hands every 5 minutes and just can't keep up with cleaning your diamonds ALL the time (and who likes dirty diamonds, right?!)...

So.. please show off you low maintenance pieces that you can wear everyday...EVEN when creaming/moisturizing your hands!! (a no no while wearing your diamonds!!) :shock:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can start now!

_27023.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the start of your stack! I dont have anything to add but I will be watching this thread with interest to see what everyone contributes!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear my cartier trinity on non diamond days.

trinity.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Fi Z, I love the bottom two bands in your stack. Care to share the vendor? I've been looking for something like the middle one, but I can't find a design that's exactly what I'm looking for.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
best low maintenance piece is my simple 2mm gold wedding band..I wear it 99% of the time...no need to take it off while doing things ;))

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Here the simple stack that I have been wearing lately!
1.6mm brushed rose gold band and antique platinum over yellow gold band.

I love this thread! Everyone has such beautiful gold/platinum pieces!

Apologies for the ginormous pics.

_27027.jpg

_27028.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The bead ring in the middle I believe I bought from an etsy vendor called
the Love Knot shop purchased from them severql times..the last thin one fom Envero jewelry on etsy... they have really nice things but have since changed names but the ring I have is called "Adina" which is no longer listed in their shop but u can still ask for it. They also have a beaded ring but hammered so that the round beads became subtle flat hezagons... cute...

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1423938092|3832548 said:
I usually wear my cartier trinity on non diamond days.

I gotta get me a Trinity too!! :love:

blushbliss

Shiny_Rock
Here is my David Klass Rose Band in 14k rose gold. I don't typically wear it while lotioning though because all the crevices of the roses can catch residue.

roseband_0.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
blushbliss|1424046470|3833155 said:
Here is my David Klass Rose Band in 14k rose gold. I don't typically wear it while lotioning though because all the crevices of the roses can catch residue.

Blushbloss! That is an amazing band! I have something really similar saved on my etsy account! Yea, with those crevices...things could get catch but that is what makes that ring amazing! the detail! I know that DK generally well, the one I have on etsy is over 750$. is that around the same ballpark as yours? I might enquire with DK.....

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Blushbliss, that band is absolutely lovely!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous band, Blushbliss! :love:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fi Z|1424048003|3833171 said:

Blushbloss! That is an amazing band! I have something really similar saved on my etsy account! Yea, with those crevices...things could get catch but that is what makes that ring amazing! the detail! I know that DK generally well, the one I have on etsy is over 750$. is that around the same ballpark as yours? I might enquire with DK.....

OMG! I didn't mean to get your name wrong! I just noticed Blushbliss!! sorry! :wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous David Klass rose gold band blushbliss. Love it. :love:
Gorgeous bands everyone. :love:

Maybe I am in the minority but I wear my ER without worrying about lotioning up all the time. It's easy enough to clean and I want to wear and enjoy it without worrying about getting it dirty. What I do that helps though is remove it when I wash and lotion though I put it back on right away as not to risk losing it or forgetting I took it off so it doesn't stay super clean but clean enough till I get back home and clean it.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I generally just do an 18k or 22k band on "low maintenance" days. I'm loving this thread!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a pre-loved Cartier Trinity from eBay. I blame this thread. :whistle:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1424087851|3833333 said:

Maybe I am in the minority but I wear my ER without worrying about lotioning up all the time. It's easy enough to clean and I want to wear and enjoy it without worrying about getting it dirty. What I do that helps though is remove it when I wash and lotion though I put it back on right away as not to risk losing it or forgetting I took it off so it doesn't stay super clean but clean enough till I get back home and clean it.

My reasons for wearing non-diamond bands have more to do with my concern regarding my e-ring getting lost or damaged during certain activities (I am majorly clumsy and chipped my last stone). I do not wear don't wear my e-ring to the gym when I am working with weights or doing cross-fit training and I don't wear it when I go to the pool or the beach. I still like wearing a wedding band and have a few different bands to play around with on the days that I choose not to wear my e-ring.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Fi Z|1424036858|3833098 said:
The bead ring in the middle I believe I bought from an etsy vendor called
the Love Knot shop purchased from them severql times..the last thin one fom Envero jewelry on etsy... they have really nice things but have since changed names but the ring I have is called "Adina" which is no longer listed in their shop but u can still ask for it. They also have a beaded ring but hammered so that the round beads became subtle flat hezagons... cute...

Thank you so much for the referral! There's no better vote of confidence, in my book, as someone who would be willing to purchase again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRYSTAL24K|1424114293|3833471 said:
missy|1424087851|3833333 said:

My reasons for wearing non-diamond bands have more to do with my concern regarding my e-ring getting lost or damaged during certain activities (I am majorly clumsy and chipped my last stone). I do not wear don't wear my e-ring to the gym when I am working with weights or doing cross-fit training and I don't wear it when I go to the pool or the beach. I still like wearing a wedding band and have a few different bands to play around with on the days that I choose not to wear my e-ring.

Makes complete sense and I do the same. I do not wear my ER when working out or using weights or swimming or showering for that matter. I was just responding FiZ's comments/questions about what we do re wearing it during the day even when lotioning one's hands, using sunscreen etc. Things that will just make it "dirty" but not pose risk to its structural integrity.

poppins

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Well, this is what I usually wear. My wedding set, rather typical Scandinavian style and silver bands from a local goldsmith. I do take them off going to the gym, but that's about it. (Pics below in wrong order) I have a small (by Us standards) RHR that I love, but do not use in my daily life. These non-delicate pieces on the other hand, are staples that can handle anything.

Agree with all above posters that the David Klass band is lovely!

_27115.jpg

blushbliss

Shiny_Rock
Fi Z|1424048003|3833171 said:

Thank you! And no worries about the name error lol. I had the band made over a year ago so the price could have changed since then. I can tell you that it was less than the etsy band price you mentioned :)

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wash my hand maybe 20 times a day since I dal with sick patients so i don't remove my rings for washing my hands, too afraid to lose them, and then water gets stuck in the rings... I get a rash... etc, etc.... i nee to lotion all the time from washing my hands too much and hands get super dry...then my diamonds look gunky... actually, I have never lotioned with my ering on...I just can't do it! LOL!

But I would Loooove to get a Van Craeynest carved band to add to my stack colletion but oh man, I don't k ow how i can justify the funds... and finding what i want in my size preloved will be impossible!!

I can only WISH these were mine!

_27194.jpg

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And these are all on my "I want" list...lol! The thing is, no diamond means easier on the wallet! :lol:

_27195.jpg

_27196.jpg

_27197.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Fiz- I am totally with you! I would love a Van Craeynest, but it is just not feasible $-wise. I have been looking at the same Etsy bands that you just posted. They are so pretty. I absolutely love the first picture that you posted!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Fi Z|1424311409|3834631 said:
And these are all on my "I want" list...lol! The thing is, no diamond means easier on the wallet! :lol:

Those rings are so pretty, who makes them?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rena7|1424474427|3835673 said:
Fi Z|1424311409|3834631 said:

Those rings are so pretty, who makes them?

Csillaekesgoldsmith, paulalapidot, jennifertullwestberg, respectively. All on Etsy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results