shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me yours and I’ll show you mine (colored wedding dresses)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock

I may be the only one here with a wedding dress in another color, but I imagine some of you have color accents and I would love to see other colored dresses.

I have always wanted a green wedding dress. There are a lot of historical reasons and it is my favorite color. So after much difficulty, I found one I love. I have gotten extra fabric and will have the poet sleeves I like added. It has more blue in real life, but the lighting makes it, and me, look far more yellow.

The dress I am wearing in the pics is a 6 and I am a 0, so as you can tell, it is huge on me.

Ignore my face, I have no make-up and a terrible cold which is making me blotchy and swollen.

The first dress is the pic. I have no shoes on and am short, but will be wearing ones between 3-4 inches on the day of, so I will look far more stately.

decapatated.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
This is me. I have tried on maybe 50 dresses and none of them have sparkled like this one, it will be amazing since we are having an outdoor ceremony. Ignore the bra, like I said, the dress is huge on me.

smilies in green.jpg

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The back. My FI swears the freckles and moles are hot, but I am hoping that when in my size, the tulle will cover them a little better. You can see how much needs to be taken in.

Back freckles1.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s pretty! I wore an ivory dress. I really wanted a jewel toned one, red or dark purple maybe but couldn''t find anything. You''re very lucky, it looks great on you and is a beautiful colour.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
BIH- I just have to say that THAT is the most stunning gown I have ever seen and it is going to look spectacular on you! A part of me wishes that I had gone with some color (and green is also my fav!) I love how the sleeves are sheer and drape softly over your back!

Mind if I ask who made that amazing dress?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dress isn''t colored, so I can''t show you mine, but I love yours!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous dress and a gorgeous color! I always wanted a black or silver dress but FI quickly shot that down! lol The color goes really nicely with your skin tone and hair
emteeth.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! I think it looks great on you. I do think it will still be very low cut even in your size. Just keep that in mind.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You look STUNNING
21.gif
the design (aside from the size issue :razz:) looks as if it was made for you :)

Beautiful dress and you look beautiful in it :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BIH - Your dress is simply lovely, and YOU are GORGEOUS in it!! I love the color on you too! W
30.gif
W!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, and YOU, my dear, are simply lovely!!! That dress is the perfect shade of green and I love everything about it on you! I can''t wait to see it when it is fitted for your size!
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It''s montage boutique by Mon Cheri bridals. It is one of their best sellers from last year.

I know it will be lowcut, but it will sit better. With as much as we pulled back, it streched the cups further apart so while it will be low, it shouldn''t be quite so wide between the cups.

I have to say, one of my favorite old songs is greensleeves and I think tha might be part of why I always wanted a green dress. I learned a few years ago from one of my professors that greensleeves was slang for someone having an affair since you would roll in the grass, giving you "greensleeves". For that reason, it was scandalous to wear a green wedding dress in England unless the bride was Irish, which I am. Ironically, Irish brides in Ireland didn''t wear green because they thought it would entice the faeries.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, what a beautiful dress. I'm glad you finally found it! I love how the chiffon looks like a wrap from the back, but is the cap sleeves in front.

I did not know that about Greensleeves, just that the lyrics were allegedly written by Henry VIII. Which...makes perfect sense in the context of the meaning!

Have you seen Nytemist's beautiful custom lavender dress? Mine was ivory with red and silver embroidery accents. I LOVED it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful dress; very becoming (or will be when they make it in your size!), and quite unique. I love unique!

I think it's a wonderful choice, and you look spectactular! As for your face - please - you're adorable!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very unique! I love the back of it, it just looks stunning on you. Can''t wait to see the "real deal"!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
it is gorgeous on you! green is my favorite color too
9.gif
. i''m so glad you found something you love!
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
You will indeed entice the faeries!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous on you! Great color, and the style is just stunning! Once it''s in your size it''s going to be even more amazing!

I love the sleeve as is, though-are you definitely going to change it? The sleeves are so perfectly drapey!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is DIVINE on you - what a stunning dress, and it suits you perfectly
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see pics when it comes in in your size
36.gif
36.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
DITTO to all of the above: it is STUNNING!

(mine was dark pink so I''m partial to anything not stark white!)

beautiful

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it as it is without sleeves BIH! That color is amazing.

I plan on having silver or blue, but don't tell BF that...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It''s completely YOU!! It''s so beautiful, you look like a Princess.
It''s elegant and classy and so delicate. That''s it...it looks delicate. I love about you and this dress together. Yayayayayayaya

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome dress! It looks so great on you!!! I''m glad you''ve picked something so "you" even if it is "unusual"! I wanted a blue dress but am not a size 0, so it was a little bit more difficult than I thought to find something. I wound up with a champagne dress, which I adored, but seeing you in this green makes me wish I had found my blue afterall. Can''t wait to see it in your size!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 6:35:37 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
It''s montage boutique by Mon Cheri bridals. It is one of their best sellers from last year.

I know it will be lowcut, but it will sit better. With as much as we pulled back, it streched the cups further apart so while it will be low, it shouldn''t be quite so wide between the cups.

I have to say, one of my favorite old songs is greensleeves and I think tha might be part of why I always wanted a green dress. I learned a few years ago from one of my professors that greensleeves was slang for someone having an affair since you would roll in the grass, giving you ''greensleeves''. For that reason, it was scandalous to wear a green wedding dress in England unless the bride was Irish, which I am. Ironically, Irish brides in Ireland didn''t wear green because they thought it would entice the faeries.
hi! thanks for the history. very interesting.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I have to add:: Those are some heavy duty clips they have you hooked up in!! I was just admiring the back of the dress again and how you cannot tell the sleeves turn into that back. It''s awesome. I love Montage. I love Mon Cheri. That dress is going to fit you just perfect in your size.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been waiting to see what you would find in your quest for the green dress -- that dress is worth the wait! Absolutely beautiful.
36.gif
I''s lovely with the draped cap sleeves, and I''m sure it will be just magical with flowing poet sleeves.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you finally found a dress you love! Can''t wait to see it on you in your size! Congrats!

winston26

Shiny_Rock
If someone asked me if I would ever like a green wedding dress I would have said no. But you''ve completely changed my mind. That dress just rocks! Great shade of green; looks awesome with your coloring. My dress is light gold, which isn''t as daring as green, but did make a few other choices slightly more difficult (like flower girl dresses in ivory didn''t quite look right with mine so I''m having them custom made in red). Are you getting a veil? Just wondering if they make any to match.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
BIH- I just adore your dress and it looks fabulous on you (I mean, it looks fab and it''s even too big on you!) -- please post more pics once it''s taken in??

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
BIH, I must, in total honesty, say that has got to be one of the most fantastically gorgeous dresses I have ever seen.

The color glows and it suits your coloring perfectly. It is subtley different without being crazy. It just works for you so well, you wear IT and not the other way around. WOW, is all I can say.

Is enticing the faeries a BAD thing?
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results