shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your yellow diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I have recently acquired a love of yellow diamonds. I still want a white diamond for my e-ring center stone, but have been thinking of ways to get some yellow diamonds. In the mean time (since my boyfriend is keeping me in the dark about when he''s going to propose....he says within 6 months, but that''s a long time to wait) I''d love to see some yellow diamonds.......especially those as side stones, in bands, earrings.....etc.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is a center stone......but its yellow! its a .45 SI2 fancy yellow in an antique setting

cnryring0022.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where''s DeeJay? She has a gorgeous yellow diamond in a Kelege setting that is TDF. Here''s hoping she shows up with pics...I refuse to post pics without anyone''s permission, sorry.
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don''t have any side stones that are yellow, but I do have a center FLY that I love..............

cmsflyring07.jpg

They''re all so pretty! I searched and searched for a thread, but could only find random pictures.

Hopefully, more people will post.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's A poor picture of my 1.18 fancy yellow with my Royal Asscher:

ce.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My 1.5 ct F VS2 is set in Plat with 5 graduated yellow to white side stones on each side. Here is a picture I posted comparing it to a chameleon diamond I bought last summer. I'll try to find a centered photo and post that as well. But this one shows the colors of the side stones pretty well. They are very nicely matched with the other side.

ETA: Take a look at this LINK for some other pictures of those graduated yellow side diamonds.

PS02IMG1488.jpg

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Here in all its glory is the yellow pear, otherwise known as the Hooty Diamond:

thDSC_3787.jpg

Fly Girl....that''s probably the most unique ring I''ve seen. I''m assuming you had it custom made.....where? was it hard to find the graduated stones in those sizes?

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I posted elsewhere about a ring that my bf and I are having made - a plain, wide platinum band with a pad sapphire mounted in a half bezel.

What I didn't show was the flower I want put on the palm side, with a tiny, 1pt yellow diamond as the center. I stole the idea (and this picture) from Bijoux Extraordinaire; feel free to steal it from me.

Caveats: I'm told that the stone is likely to come out periodically, since it's on the side of the ring that will see the hardest wear. But people manage to wear eternity bands, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus, the diamond will cost about $10, so I can stand to have it replaced every now and again. (Maybe I'll get a different colour each time...
2.gif
). Plus it needs a wide enough band to make room for the flower and center.

Winter-Garden-Ring-4.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
woman, that is super awsome!!!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 8:29:33 PM
Author: Cravin My Emerald cut
Fly Girl....that''s probably the most unique ring I''ve seen. I''m assuming you had it custom made.....where? was it hard to find the graduated stones in those sizes?
Thank you! Yes, I had it custom made about 7-8 years ago at Studio Vincent in Minneapolis. We have known the owner for about 25 years now. Love his designs. I check into the shop over lunch several times a week to see what''s new. One of my guilty pleasures.

Anyhow, they sourced the side stones for me. I said radiated yellows was fine, so I think that made it a bit easier to match the colors. They are very picky about cut, so even the little stones really sparkle. The stones do have some funky fluorescence, however. I think it''s cool, but you should be careful to check that if it matters to you.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
PJ,

What a fantastic idea. That will look so beautiful with your PAD ring. I can''t wait to see it.

Linda

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cravin''
If you like yellow diamond side stones, you''d love to browse through A Jaffe website - I am looking at getting one of their settings at the moment - I love the contrast of the yellow and white diamonds as something different.
I won''t post any here pics here, as I''ve posted them a hundred times before asking for help deciding and wouldn''t want to mislead the thread!
5.gif

Thanks arjunajane! Haven''t visited that site before, but they have some beautiful stuff. Have you decided on a setting yet?

My boyfriend and I have discussed rings, but I probably won''t be wearing one for a few more months......so I just look (and dream). I love yellow diamonds, but also love the simplicity of a basic platinum setting and all white diamonds. So, I''ve decided what I want as a future gift
31.gif
is a half-eternity channel set yellow diamond band...princess cut.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Mmm... future gifts. My bf is just starting to discover that possibility. He wasn''t sure why I still read pricescope so much now that we''ve settled on a ring design... Now he knows.
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PJ, that is very cool! What a cute idea.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! As I said, I totally stole it, so I get no credit at all.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results