shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your WF J ACAs!!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,
I’m debating about getting a J or an I for a solitaire to pair with their Diamonds for an Eternity band using Tiffany as an inspiration.

I’m looking to get a stone that is less than 1.5, as I already have a 1.5 H SI in a 3 stone ring that I have worn on my left finger and will move to my right.

Can you post plenty of pictures from the side and face down?

Does the color seem noticeable? What are your thoughts, good and bad on going down on color to get a larger stone within your budget?

Thanks for your input! Can’t wait to see lots of pictures! I guess I just want to make extra sure that I ‘m going to be ok with it since I have already returned an H SI that was not an ACA due to cut reasons and don’t want to go through that disappointment again.

Thank you ladies!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an I and no regrets.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! I’ll take a look. I can’t decide between an I or J.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What does it mean for you is it size? Budget?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered that my earrings are J ACAs. they are in yellow gold settings though, so you can't really see the color of the stones that well. It kind of just looks like a sea of yellow.

IMG_0499 (002).jpg WFearrings12.jpg WFearrings5.jpg WFearrings1.jpg WFearrings2.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd reach out to WF and have them pull a few Is and Js in your size/budget and have them send you a photo of them together. Also, ask them for their thoughts on whether the Js are high or low Js. They have superb customer service!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Here are some photos of my J color ACA.

As you can see, it can look white in some environments, or slightly dakerin others, depending on the lighting and surroundings. When you can see color, this particular stone doesn’t look yellow, it just looks darker. In the last photo I was under warm incandescent light. For reference, it is a 1.35 ct.

Last edited:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Here are some additional photos of my J ACA next to my eternity, which has G color, hearts and arrows stones. Not the greatest pictures, so I apologize in advance.
In indirect sunlight:

In warm spot lighting:

Last edited:

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for your great advice and pics.
Happy New Life, I can’t see any color in your earrings at all! They are lovely and full of fire and sparkle.
If I may say so, with WF, I know in this board many ladies like WF, but I have found that the SC that I’ve been paired with doesn’t really offer great knowledgeable jewelry expertise. When I ask detailed technical questions about the stones that I have narrowed down, I get questions for answers or my point repeated when I am asking for advice. So, I decided to ask to speak to Bryan, the gemologist, VP, and I felt somewhat better about having my questions and concerns answered, but I still have some kind of reservation which I don’t know exactly what it is. My dilemma was between an I SI1 and a J VS2.

My priorities are to get the best cut quality , then size and clarity are tied with color a close third.

Originally, I was aiming for a solitaire and now I’m wondering if I should go with a 5 stone graduated ring. 2 totally different looks. I currently have a 3 stone ring that I wear on my left, and will move it to the right once I get this “new” ring.

I want a balance between classic everyday look and budget.

I think my experience with a PS vendor that I’ve used before and with my last stone has made me hesitant and scared that I will be disappointed buying something online with just a picture or video that has somewhat “altered” “glamour shots” style pics and videos.

The WF I ACAs seem pretty white with very little or no color detected. Still undecided.....

Jade217

Rough_Rock
I was hesistant on an I or J as well. The J allowed me to get a much bigger diamond for my budget than an I.

FYI WF has amazing customer service, which I’m sure you’ve heard. Even though I received extra pictures and videos, I’m just the type of person that needs to see it with my own eyes. So I bought an I and J, compared the two and ultimately I’m choosing another bigger J from WF. Like many people told me color is a really personal decision and it is. I think it’s dependent on the actual diamond itself too.

Another option they offer is to have the diamond sent to an appraiser. That option is an additional cost, but you wouldn’t have to pay for multiple diamonds.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Jade, can you post your WF J stone if that’s what you end up with? The color is supposed to be most obvious on the sides.
Thanks

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stones are a lot smaller than what you're considering, but this is my 5 stone with a mix of BGD Signature and WF ACAs, all I and J. I'm not very colour sensitive, but they look pretty white to me.

downloadfile.jpeg downloadfile-1.jpeg

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
I have a J ACA and a I Expert Selection as earrings.
The video is below. See if you can pick out the J :)

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dandi and Missy.

Dandi, your 5 stone is gorgeous with the rose gold band and especially stacked with the eternity bands. How gorgeous!! That picture really sways my decision. One part of me wants to save $ and use my original 1 ct stone and just get 4 graduated stones and buy an eternity band to get more finger coverage instead of just getting a solitaire. This isn’t my original ring. I have others, so when you upgrade or want another diamond ring, do I get a solitaire again? My original one was a solitaire and I hated that ring and couldn’t wait to upgrade because the shank was heavy and bulky for my size 6 finger and petite stature. It was a Vatche Royal Crown and I think at the thickest it was 3.2 mm and tapered down to a 2.6.
In my first upgrade, I made sure that the shank was no more than 2 mm which is what I have.

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Missy, my guess for the J stone is the one on top closest to your fingertips? Am I right?

They both look really white.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the compliments @idealw2boys , you're so lovely! Oh my, a 5 stone with a 1ct centre would be delicious :love: But I am a tad biased towards 5 stones!

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Missy, my guess for the J stone is the one on top closest to your fingertips? Am I right?

They both look really white.

Yup it's the one on the top! You are pretty colour sensitive. If it's for a ring that you will wear most likely all the time hence see all the time, together with the fact that you can detect colour, I would pick the I for you so that you won't be thinking of the warmth as much down the road, so more mileage. Just my humble opinion!

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
Ok thanks Missy for helping me discern what I should get.

Thanks Dandi. I need to convince hubby that it’s ok to repurpose your original stone and to put it in a setting that you love. He thinks that I should keep the original engagement ring intact, but I told him there are a lot of people who either upgrade or repurpose their original ring especially on pricescope.

I’m hoping by not having to buy a center stone, I can save $$$ and get an eternity to pair with a 5 stone.

Working on it....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results