shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your wedding set with a spacer

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I would love to see what everyone has come up with to solve the problem of bands rubbing and ruining prongs. My 6 prong ering setting sticks out quite a bit. All combinations, but especially wedding bands with stones.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Sarahbear, did it bother you that the bands were pushed away and didn't fit flush? I don't want to damage the new prongs on my solitaire, as I had to have the old prongs replaced several times, and with the larger stone the prong sticks out much farther. My wedding ring is slightly curved, and I specifically bought it that way a zillion years ago :) so it would sit flush but curve around the prongs. It was merely aesthetic at the time - I didn't have any idea how the prongs would wear down. Maybe I need one of those bands that have the curve cut out for the prong? Don't know quite what to do to prevent damage and have everything sit flush.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my spacer. I found a 1mm diamond 18K WG eternity band where the diamond girdles don't extend beyond the width of the band. I use it between my 2mm platinum band and 3 stone ring. It also has a lower rise under than the 2mm plat band and gives the illusion face down that the rings sit pretty flush.

ETA I realized I already posted on the other thread linked. Ah well, no harm in an extra pic. ::)

_6725.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
blingymo|1369786612|3455379 said:
Sarahbear, did it bother you that the bands were pushed away and didn't fit flush? I don't want to damage the new prongs on my solitaire, as I had to have the old prongs replaced several times, and with the larger stone the prong sticks out much farther. My wedding ring is slightly curved, and I specifically bought it that way a zillion years ago :) so it would sit flush but curve around the prongs. It was merely aesthetic at the time - I didn't have any idea how the prongs would wear down. Maybe I need one of those bands that have the curve cut out for the prong? Don't know quite what to do to prevent damage and have everything sit flush.

No it didn't at all, but I prefer my bands to not sit flush. I think ones that do our a bit too matchy matchy for my personal taste. The spacer is extremely comfortable. If you google there is a thread somewhere about people recommend spacers bought through Esty. They are usually around $200 for PLAT and $160 for gold. I would definitely recommend a spacer for you since you seem to wear down your prongs often.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results