shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your vintage watches

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know there are more than a few of us out there who have started too appreciate and love vintage watches. Let's show them off. Tell us why you love them and what drew you to them?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have one yet but I've got something in the works!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I had an uncle who was a watch maker.
I think everyone in my family was encouraged to appreciate mechanical watches....
This is the most ornate watch I have, but one I never wear. It's pretty to me, but I prefer a simple tank. It has a nice Katz & Oguish case, a New York watch case company, that made high end platinum and gold watch cases for Gruen. This one is 14K rose gold.

dsc_4539.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 2.5ctw art deco in platinum with 18k mesh band. I tried to have the movement repaired locally but no one could do it and I did not want to send it out until I find a reputable repair shop. The local horologist put a quartz movement in it and I have the mechanical movement saved for repair later. I love this watch and the workmanship is outstanding. I bought it because I love floral styles and had never seen any art deco vintage watch like this. Most are very linear in their design.

vintage_1.jpg

vintage_watch.jpg

vintage_watch_2.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo I love old watches, Harpertoo your watch is lovely, I love the rubies
and Redwood, your watch is stunning.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an old thread but didn't want to start a new one just for this question. I have this vintage watch that doesn't keep time and am wondering what to do with it.

Options are: wear it as a bracelet, get it fixed and use it, get it fixed and sell it, sell as is. I probably won't wear it much but it belonged to a family member so I'm not quite ready to part with it tbh.

Any advice? Paging @Bron357 with all your magnificent watches

20190502_154809.jpg 20190502_154758.jpg

Attachments

• 20190502_154702.jpg
    20190502_154702.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 12

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an old thread but didn't want to start a new one just for this question. I have this vintage watch that doesn't keep time and am wondering what to do with it.

Options are: wear it as a bracelet, get it fixed and use it, get it fixed and sell it, sell as is. I probably won't wear it much but it belonged to a family member so I'm not quite ready to part with it tbh.

Any advice? Paging @Bron357 with all your magnificent watches
It’s beautiful.
If it is running, it only needs a service. Normally about $200. The watchmaker basically disassembles it and cleans and oils all the parts and reassembles. Fiddly job hence the cost, but worth it. Find a shop that sells older manual wind watches and ask who services / repairs theirs to get a name if you don’t have one.
Manual wind watches don’t keep perfect time, maybe lose or gain a minute or two each day. The other alternative is to get the movement replaced with a quartz movement. That way you never need worry about winding it again.
Or wear it as a beautiful bracelet.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got given one, it isn't as shiny as the ones in this thread though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results