shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Vatche U113 + 7-stone shared prong

shampoolady

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! My 1.5 upgrade is currently with GOG waiting to be set into a Vatche U113. For a band I'd love a 7 stone shared prong. The donut on the 113 is a little lower than the T&Co 6 prong, so I'm wondering if the head is high enough so the diamonds in the band don't gauge it up.

Who has the lowest profile shared prong setting these days? Memoire, T&Co... who else?

Please show me your 113 with shared prong band. I'd love to see it from the side too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany has as low a setting for a shared prong band as anyone. You won't believe this, but I actually have a photo of my U-113 when I had around a 1.5-1.6 ct stone in it taken with the Tiffany 7 stone, .56ct band! They are perfect together!

7 stone, 8 pts., .56cts.jpg

shampoolady

Rough_Rock
Tiffany has as low a setting for a shared prong band as anyone. You won't believe this, but I actually have a photo of my U-113 when I had around a 1.5-1.6 ct stone in it taken with the Tiffany 7 stone, .56ct band! They are perfect together!

Looks beautiful Diamondseeker! :love:

Do you like the 0.56 better than 0.93 with the 1.5?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think the 13 pointers are too big. I did have a Memoire band with slightly over 10 pointers and that's the max I'd go with that size e-ring (or any side e-ring really).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a picture of my earlier 4 prong setting with the Memoire (.75ctw) band and another with the Tiffany Legacy band which is the band I actually still wear!
leonmemoire1.jpg leontiffany1.jpg

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
:geek2:

Your u-113 looks just like the Tiffany ring! The diamond is so sparkly.

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
I have a picture of my earlier 4 prong setting with the Memoire (.75ctw) band and another with the Tiffany Legacy band which is the band I actually still wear!
leonmemoire1.jpg leontiffany1.jpg
Ds- what do you think of memoire bands? They are super expensive, compared to non-branded bands. Do they use ideal-cut diamonds? Also, the retailers that carry the brand are reluctant to provide a decent discount.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Memoire is expensive, but Tiffany and Memoire have the lowest set shared prong style bands, and that is essential so that the stones don't rub the prongs of the e-ring. I would say if I were overpaying, I'd go with Tiffany because I love their setting more. I bought my Legacy band new, but I do see all kinds of Tiffany bands on ebay if someone wants to try to buy second hand. Pearlman's Jewelers online used to sell Memoire 15-20% off. You can call Bill and ask him if you are interested in a price. Tell him I sent you! (I bought my Memoire band locally, though.)

shampoolady

Rough_Rock
I went to T&Co yesterday to check out the bands. I don't have my ring yet, but they gave me a 1.5 to compare.

3.5 mm (0.93 tcw)

IMG_7183.JPG

3.0 mm (0.56 tcw)

IMG_7187.JPG

2.2 mm

IMG_7185.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 3mm of the above selection. The 3.5 is a little overpowering, and the 2.2 underwhelming, but that is just my preference. What did you think of the 3 you tried on?

shampoolady

Rough_Rock
I like the 3mm of the above selection. The 3.5 is a little overpowering, and the 2.2 underwhelming, but that is just my preference. What did you think of the 3 you tried on?

As much as I loved the 3.5 mm (yum!), the 3 mm really fits so perfectly with the ring. The proportions don't drown out the main diamond, and the height of the band matches that of the e-ring. So, I went with the 3. I did buy the T&Co in spite of the premium. I just love their setting, I can't find any 7 stone setting that's executed as elegantly (IMO).

It arrives tomorrow. I'll do a thread on SMTB soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results