shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have photos of themselves wearing any of the Paloma Picasso RG pendants? I am looking at the classic Loving Heart (trying to decide if I would want a mini or small) as well as the Olive leaf ones.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Question for the Tiffany group... are most of their colored stones treated? I went to my local store to look at a sapphire ring. I wanted a three stone but all they had was a Novo cushion. As all Pricescopers do, I asked the SA if he had information about origin and treatment or the certificate and he said he didn't but all Tiffany sapphires are heated. Does that sound right???? It was a small 2.7 cushion stone for $35K. That seems hefty, even for them, for a heated stone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he didn't but all Tiffany sapphires are heated. Does that sound right????

In my experience, there's Tiffany and then there's TIFFANY. They are not the place to go for fine colored-stone jewelry anymore -- although they seem to have a small collection of extraordinary one-offs that makes the rounds at the flagship boutiques -- maybe a handful of pieces in one case. My town never gets those but the world-class cities we sometimes visit seem to.

We have a vintage Tiffany colored stone one-off from the '80s or so and enjoy it but now Tiffany is mostly commoditized logo-ware and one or two "upgrade" levels above that. I do like some of their designs and would happily wear them (and they seem to have an amazing new collection of men's diamond rings that I have only seen online) but in my area it is much closer to a mall-jeweler ethos (so shoot me) than it is to a fine jeweler -- especially in terms of the SAs' colored-stone expertise.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
When I was in the Houston Tiffany's (which is the 3rd largest in the US, so a major Tiffany's) I tried on a few ruby and diamond 3 stone rings. Some of the rings were over $150K. I inquired if the rubies had certs and was told that only the rubies over a certain threshold came with certs. This was several years ago, (perhaps 2020?) so I don't recall what that threshold was. All I remember, is that it was fairly major, though whether it was a carat weight or a price point, has slipped my mind. (For some reason $100K sticks in my brain).

The 2.7 sapphire cushion you tried on seems like a bargain for $35K compared to any of the rings I've ever tried on at Tiffany's! A couple months ago I tried on a small three stone ruby/diamond with about 1 ctw diamonds (.50 ct each) and 1.2ish ct center ruby which ran about $56K, no certs for the ruby, diamonds were G-ish, I forget the clarity. It was pretty, the rubies had a lovely color, but I couldn't image they weren't heated. I remember thinking that I could put together a much larger ring for $56K, even if I had to tango with the devil to do it (ie visit the corundum dealer in NYC whose name we cannot mention.) On my size 4.75 finger, the Tiffany's .5ct diamond/1.2 ct ruby / .5 ct diamond looked so small as to appear shrunken.

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of Tiffany colored stones!

I know I promised to make a dedicated thread but life has been really crazy and I haven’t gotten around to it.

I fell in love with this preloved Tiffany ruby three stone ring which was originally sold in the early 90’s. I purchased it through a Christie’s auction which was a first for me
and was an interesting experience! But I think that it’s true the colored stone average quality for the price with the exception of a few exceptional pieces is likely not what it used to be.

The ruby is certified, 2.41 ct, heated, with .67 ct VS1 F side stones. The price I paid was reasonable at auction (a fraction of the price mentioned above!) but definitely would not have been for retail (the current purchase price for a similar carat weight ring would be way out of my practical price range) esp considering heat treatment, even though the stone is otherwise lovely.

I will say that I’ve enjoyed wearing this every day for the past few months and have had a lot of compliments! Even from non- “jewelry” types including the guys I work with. Maybe colored stones catch the eye?

E8847863-67EB-47C3-B5A6-A472763E34AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 1A21DC98-4E17-4769-A24A-D03E4A9B193F.jpeg
    1A21DC98-4E17-4769-A24A-D03E4A9B193F.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say that I’ve enjoyed wearing this every day for the past few months and have had a lot of compliments! Even from non- “jewelry” types including the guys I work with. Maybe colored stones catch the eye?

Yeah that is definitely eye-catching! What a beautiful hue!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know I promised to make a dedicated thread but life has been really crazy and I haven’t gotten around to it.

I fell in love with this preloved Tiffany ruby three stone ring which was originally sold in the early 90’s. I purchased it through a Christie’s auction which was a first for me
and was an interesting experience! But I think that it’s true the colored stone average quality for the price with the exception of a few exceptional pieces is likely not what it used to be.

The ruby is certified, 2.41 ct, heated, with .67 ct VS1 F side stones. The price I paid was reasonable at auction (a fraction of the price mentioned above!) but definitely would not have been for retail (the current purchase price for a similar carat weight ring would be way out of my practical price range) esp considering heat treatment, even though the stone is otherwise lovely.

Absolutely captivating ring :kiss2:

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock

This is gorgeous and your original post is part of what sent me toward Tiffany! There is a vintage version of that in sapphire that I shall now be on the hunt for! That ring is so bright and beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that Tiffany has lost some of its panache since it was bought out. Prices higher for things that are not the same quality. Iconic pieces that have been discontinued. Just so disappointing to me - timeless was always a word I would have associated with Tiffany. Not anymore I'm afraid!

SandraLynn

Shiny_Rock
@MissGotRocks I think you might be on to something. Pieces don’t wow me any more.

I have 2. The bracelet was giving to me probably close to 25 years ago. You can see how study and thick it is. My Elsa necklace was bought from the Tiffany store in Guam around 2008. I’m considering selling the necklace. It’s been sitting in my box the majority of the time I’ve owned it.

Attachments

• IMG_8446.jpeg
    IMG_8446.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8451.jpeg
    IMG_8451.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 45
P

Petalouda

Sadly, I agree with you @MissGotRocks. I wonder if their engagement/wedding line is what holds them up. I don't see their silver stuff on people much - even the younger crowd. I have never seen anyone wear the lock bracelet. I have seen a few people wear the Tiffany T line though, but not the frequency I see VCA and Cartier pieces.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous and your original post is part of what sent me toward Tiffany! There is a vintage version of that in sapphire that I shall now be on the hunt for! That ring is so bright and beautiful!

Thank you so much! I hope you find your perfect vintage sapphire im sure it's out there!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I feel that Tiffany has lost some of its panache since it was bought out. Prices higher for things that are not the same quality. Iconic pieces that have been discontinued. Just so disappointing to me - timeless was always a word I would have associated with Tiffany. Not anymore I'm afraid!
Unfortunately I agree. I feel like they are trading on the name and the history raising prices, but not backing it up with the same quality. There are definitely some designs that have been modified to be less weighty and substantial when you compare them to earlier versions. I think it was already happening but it seems accelerated since the buy out. I have a similar critique of LV though- i have a few classic LV items that are very durable and nicely made and some of their new items are very $$ with poor workmanship and they are charging obscene amounts for new items at this point.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my Louis Comfort Tiffany bracelet and earrings. The bracelet is moonstone and Montana sapphire in white gold. The Earrings are yellow gold, plique a jour enamel and jade.
20220506_171529.jpg 20220517_151936.jpg
20220517_152653.jpg

That moonstone bracelet is stupendous!!! I love it and with those beautiful Montana sapphires. Such a precious and rare find!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing my aquamarine soleste which I’ve had for 11 years but never wore until recently. I went into a Tiffany considering matching earrings but was so disappointed at the color of the aquas they have now.
IMG_0272.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4585.jpeg
    IMG_4585.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 52

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Just sharing my aquamarine soleste which I’ve had for 11 years but never wore until recently. I went into a Tiffany considering matching earrings but was so disappointed at the color of the aquas they have now.
IMG_0272.jpeg

Your ring is gorgeous!!! It's amazing the difference in color isn't it? And that seems like such a short amount of time to be such a marked difference! There are beautiful stones out there in the world, we know people are sourcing them because we see them everyday on PS, one would think that Tiffany could do more to live up to their reputation.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, I agree with you @MissGotRocks. I wonder if their engagement/wedding line is what holds them up. I don't see their silver stuff on people much - even the younger crowd. I have never seen anyone wear the lock bracelet. I have seen a few people wear the Tiffany T line though, but not the frequency I see VCA and Cartier pieces.

The Tiffany T bangle bracelet that Ally got is no longer available in yellow gold. That bracelet hasn’t been around that long and with the current popularity of yellow gold, you would think they would have it. Nope, last time I checked they only had it in small. I asked about a 2mm yellow gold wedding band - it was a standard piece for them. No, they don’t offer it in yellow gold anymore. I think they have tried to update some of their offerings but am truly surprised that some of their iconic things are just gone. They revamped the NYC flagship store and while beautiful, it just doesn’t have the same charm to me that the old version had. There is just something about tearing down tradition in a company as old as Tiffany that is disturbing to me!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!! It's amazing the difference in color isn't it? And that seems like such a short amount of time to be such a marked difference! There are beautiful stones out there in the world, we know people are sourcing them because we see them everyday on PS, one would think that Tiffany could do more to live up to their reputation.

It is like dumbing down and making it cheaper. So disappointing as their prices continue to go up and up. I think preloved is the way to go these days!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can remember when Kay Jewelers used to have small stores in the malls. I am talking 30-35 years ago - long before the internet. They had some nice things. Then they were eventually bought out and today, the stores are larger and they have a ton of merchandise. The quality is so poor…they even set diamonds in sterling silver! Who would buy a large diamond and set it in sterling or 10 kt. gold? Their advertisement went up and up and their quality went down and down! Just really cheapened everything. They still sell though… I guess to those that don’t know better. They offer financing and that is probably a big plus for them. Such a throw away society these days - so much is not quality anymore, throw it away when it breaks, and don’t look for anything to last a lifetime! Showing my age I guess but I would still like the option of buying quality in some items.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good point about the SS/youth not wearing it anymore. I noticed that as well. I’ve picked up a couple of pre-loved pieces for my daughter for when she’s old enough but I’m not counting on them being in style again. The starfish line is what I got, mostly to commemorate our beach vacations. I have heard that the chunkier heart tag pieces are making a comeback but have yet to see those being worn anywhere, and I live in a college town so I get kind of a good look at what the youngsters from different regions are wearing. That reminds me: the girls on Bama Rush Tiktok all had David Yurman pieces in their #OOTD videos this year. Idk if they’re wearing family pieces from 20 years ago or if they’re buying new but I was pretty surprised to see that. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

My ultimate Tiffany piece is the medium bone cuff in 18k YG. There is a member here who has one and it is stunning. I used to covet it in sterling but now I’d rather have YG. Just a delicious piece.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good point about the SS/youth not wearing it anymore. I noticed that as well. I’ve picked up a couple of pre-loved pieces for my daughter for when she’s old enough but I’m not counting on them being in style again. The starfish line is what I got, mostly to commemorate our beach vacations. I have heard that the chunkier heart tag pieces are making a comeback but have yet to see those being worn anywhere, and I live in a college town so I get kind of a good look at what the youngsters from different regions are wearing. That reminds me: the girls on Bama Rush Tiktok all had David Yurman pieces in their #OOTD videos this year. Idk if they’re wearing family pieces from 20 years ago or if they’re buying new but I was pretty surprised to see that. Maybe it’s a regional thing.

My ultimate Tiffany piece is the medium bone cuff in 18k YG. There is a member here who has one and it is stunning. I used to covet it in sterling but now I’d rather have YG. Just a delicious piece.

My daughters have sterling necklaces & wear them all the time when not at school (though one wears her’s to school if it’s not a PE day, as nobody can see it under her shirt collar). Eldest has a heart with her initial on & the 12 year old has a starfish, because she wants to be a marine biologist.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0272.jpeg

I've always loved this ring. Thank you for sharing it again.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I was in Charlotte yesterday for work, so visited the SouthPark Tiffany.

I was considering buying the Olive Leaf hoops in rose gold, which I've been eyeing for a couple of years. I though they looked great last time I tried them on, but for some reason not this time.

Instead, I fell in love with the Victoria Vine band and bangle in rose gold. The diamonds are tiny, but so sparkly and lovely. The photos really don't capture the beauty of these pieces. Band is about $4500, bangle about $11000. Band is on my maybe wishlist.

I also tried the major Victoria Vine band with 2 tcw for around $28000. Amazing! but not a daily piece for me (not that I could afford it anyway).

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7467.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results