shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your three-stone asscher rings!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

I currently have a three stone ring, with an asscher center and trillion side stones. While I love my ring as it is, I can't stand how quickly my side stones get dirty - it's driven me nuts from day one. I wasn't aware of this, but apparently shallow cut diamonds show dirt and grime more easily than deeper cut diamonds (but I suppose that makes sense, really). I scrub my ring two or three times a week, but it always looks cloudy and grey. Ick.

My DH knows the dirty look bothers me, and has repeatedly offered to change the stones for me. I'm thinking seriously about taking him up on this offer, but instead of trillions, I'm hoping to switch to asschers, but before I take that leap, I want to see rings that are similar in size to my own.

My center stone is a carat, and while my current side stones are .15 each, I'm thinking a little bigger would be nicer :naughty:

So please show me your asscher three stone rings in the 1.2-1.8 range!!

TIA!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious why you don't US your ring everyday instead of just a couple times a week; wouldn't you enjoy it more that way?

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I do have an ultrasonic but I'm not sure it's particularly effective - I use it quite frequently with little difference. The issue with my ring is that there is only a small space along the side of the basket through which to clean the stones, even with bristles. The metal completely encloses the bottom of the stone, so I can't get under and scrub.

I'm not ruling out I imagine my ring is dirtier than it really is, but it's bothered me for a while and short of changing the stones/basket, I'm not sure what else I could do.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
I have a three stone Asscher. Center is 0.8, sides are about 0.42, setting is platinum, ring size 7, basket style setting. I just want to say that I love my ring's size and probably wouldn't go any larger, however I wouldn't mind having it set lower to my finger.
In tree:
asschertree.jpg
Alone on hand:
asscheralone.jpg
With bezel band, plain band, then three stone. I usually wear just the plain band and three stone, sometimes three stone alone with the bezel on my right ring finger. My short stubby fingers can't to a stack that well :)
all3left.jpg

I hope this helps!
BoulderGal

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think that the proportions of your ring are perfect. it's always been one of my favorites :love: -- if you MUST replace the side stones, could you do deeper cut trillions? or even bullets perhaps?

I just think that because the center is a blue diamond, it will work better with differently shaped sidestones. And there was just a thread on here about someone who had a three stone, but thought it all blended together because there wasn't enough variation in size between the center and side stones. I'm afraid this is what will happen to yours. :halo:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love your ring DearBudda- can't wait to see what you decide to do about the side stones!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Asscher is 1.01ct with traps as sides - but I'm not sure of the size of those (sorry). In my experience, any squareish cut will show the dirt/grime more and in fact my Asscher is a nightmare to keep clean! How about half moon sides?

ETA Just found the specs and the traps are .22ct each.

Diamond Asscher 1_1_1trim.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry - me again!

Are you talking about the ring in your avatar? If so, is it mixed metal by any chance? I have a brown/grey/green coloured Asscher with white trilliants as sides set in y/gold and a w/gold shank. The y/gold tints the trilliants and drives me nuts because they look far too yellow. Just wondered if that might be the same thing for you?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds|1292540428|2798997 said:
My Asscher is 1.01ct with traps as sides - but I'm not sure of the size of those (sorry). In my experience, any squareish cut will show the dirt/grime more and in fact my Asscher is a nightmare to keep clean! How about half moon sides?

The traps are amazing with the center stone!!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1292540693|2799005 said:
Sorry - me again!

Are you talking about the ring in your avatar? If so, is it mixed metal by any chance? I have a brown/grey/green coloured Asscher with white trilliants as sides set in y/gold and a w/gold shank. The y/gold tints the trilliants and drives me nuts because they look far too yellow. Just wondered if that might be the same thing for you?

Nope, no mixed metals here. My ring is platinum. But that is interesting, and your ring sounds gorgeous!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1292540428|2798997 said:

I find that my asscher stays quite clean, beyond the smudge across the table, which is easily rubbed away :) It's only the trilliants that show grime.

I love this ring, btw! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results