shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your statement earrings

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PriceScope Kati’s blog about classics made me think about statement earrings. I think “statement” can be different for everyone. It doesn’t have to hang six inches and glow in the dark. I’m curious as what each person considers “statement” earrings. How do they make you feel? When do you wear them? Running errands? Date night? Soccer game?

I am a very timid earring wearer myself, and can’t wear heavy pieces or dangly earrings so I’m super limited.

This is my one and only pair of earrings that I consider “statement” earrings. I know these are small and nothing speciabut to me, they are huge and blingy. Every other pair of earrings I have is the size of eraser head. They make me feel grown up, like a big girl. I love them and wear them at home sometimes, even during SIP.

3C0EE28B-4714-4553-A486-3DE08B49B672.jpeg
Can’t wait to what others post!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
They look beautiful on you. I love the length of your hair btw!

Sadly no fine statement earrings for me (yet) but this thread caught my eye because I am a sucker for them. I do have one costume pair from JCrew that I wear quite a bit (think navy blue crystal chandelier type) that I adore.

Looking forward to seeing more pics!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom they're stunning on you. ❤️

My most recent pair make a statement imo. But I think all my dangle earrings do.

57D87E8D-BC0A-4472-B782-08B79F71C7AD.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are mine, diamond earring jackets about 20mm in width at the widest point.

They were custom-made based on a double strand pearl clasp (I fell in love with the clasp, and bought one when I did not have the right kind of pearls for it), and I have 3 pairs of 8mm round studs that I can wear with them - two pairs of pearls (a pair each of white Freshadamas and baby Tahitians from Pearl Paradise), and a pair of white gold round studs.

My own near 1cttw diamond studs are too small from them as shown in the pic, and I have bought a pair of bezel set CZ that fitted perfectly.

I would only wear these jackets for very formal and dressy events.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if these two would be considered as "statement" or not, however, I tend to wear them for dressier occasions and important work meetings.

My pair of near 1cttw studs are too small to be worn on their own for my liking due to my chunky face and big fat earlobes, so I bought a pair of 1cttw jackets to wear with them. I also have different 6mm studs that I could wear instead of the diamond ones, like pearls, plain white gold studs and CS ones.

I don't like wearing dangling earrings as I wear glasses, and don't particularly like the Sue Pollard (a British comedian) look of big glasses with big dangling earrings.

However, I had wanted a small pair of D-shaped huggies so that I could wear them with interchangeable drops for a very long time, and finally found a pair that I liked when I was in LA in 2016.

I made the pearl drops for them for less formal occasions, and had a pair of paved diamond drops made so that I could wear them for dressier occasions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more of my favorite statement earrings.

My antique pear dangles from Lang Antiques. I love these.
langpearantiques.jpg

Antique sapphire dangle earrings from my favorite estate store in Lambertville.
sapphiredangles.jpg

And my favorite antique OMC dangles. Also from my favorite estate store.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 5.58.53 AM.png

True antique earrings hold a special place in my heart. Just knowing they have had decades and decades of history. Being worn and loved and enduring life experiences. There is something about them that moves me. They have heart and soul and when I wear them I feel it.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 6.03.02 AM.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could wear bigger dangling earrings, however, they do not suit me.

Thanks for sharing yours so that I could ogle at them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realised I have a pic of my flower diamond earring jackets with the CZ studs (they look too white in this photo IMHO):

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
A few more of my favorite statement earrings.

My antique pear dangles from Lang Antiques. I love these.
langpearantiques.jpg

Antique sapphire dangle earrings from my favorite estate store in Lambertville.
sapphiredangles.jpg

And my favorite antique OMC dangles. Also from my favorite estate store.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 5.58.53 AM.png

True antique earrings hold a special place in my heart. Just knowing they have had decades and decades of history. Being worn and loved and enduring life experiences. There is something about them that moves me. They have heart and soul and when I wear them I feel it.

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 6.03.02 AM.png

@missy, take me shopping with you, please!! :) LOVE those sapphire dangle earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my most statement earrings, a gift from my DH 6 years ago for a special occasion:
838524D5-97A5-4C60-AAF3-D6C0EFFA7D63.jpeg FDE1A611-731C-4ABD-A13E-E0BAE1A1C0E4.jpeg They are hard to photograph and get the colors right! I only wear them to formal events. I also have to get them adjusted because they squeeze my ears a bit and hurt by the end of an evening.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am more into classic fine jewelry than statement jewelry, but if I could only keep two pair, it would be my diamond studs and the same VCA Alhambra pair that you are wearing in the OP. I am at the point of realizing I have few occasions to wear really blingy statement earrings, so for the foreseeable future, I can see myself buying a couple more pairs of VCA earrings because they fall into the more wearable luxury category for me.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my most statement earrings, a gift from my DH 6 years ago for a special occasion:
838524D5-97A5-4C60-AAF3-D6C0EFFA7D63.jpeg FDE1A611-731C-4ABD-A13E-E0BAE1A1C0E4.jpeg They are hard to photograph and get the colors right! I only wear them to formal events. I also have to get them adjusted because they squeeze my ears a bit and hurt by the end of an evening.

Wow, those earrings are gorgeous!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sigh...so many pretty earrings...I miss wearing earrings...my ears started doing weird things about 5-7 years ago, the would bleed and swelled up making wearing earring impossible..I gave away alot of my earrings and sold some as well...I live thru you all

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal Love love love your earrings! Do you mind sharing spec and more pics?

Thank you. Like @missy I am an earring gal. Have a few pair :P2 and in some way think they all make statements.....:lol-2:

Unlike other PS'ers, however, I don't often take many pictures. My pictures stink!

cheers--Sharon

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those earrings are gorgeous!

Thank you, @mommylawyer ! They are from Bulgari. I love how the stones on each earring don't exactly match the other earring. My daughters like to argue about which one is "theirs", so funny. I guess I could make them into 2 pendants for each of them one day!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I don't often wear hoops so when I wear my 2.75 ct inside out hoops they feel like a statement! 20200613_194800.jpg
And I feel romanticin these antique platinum rose gold cluster drops. My mom wore these to my recent December wedding. I wore her gorgeous pear and baguette earrings and I must get a picture! I thought I might have gotten to keep them but she happily took them back lol. I have plenty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't often wear hoops so when I wear my 2.75 ct inside out hoops they feel like a statement! 20200613_194800.jpg
And I feel romanticin these antique platinum rose gold cluster drops. My mom wore these to my recent December wedding. I wore her gorgeous pear and baguette earrings and I must get a picture! I thought I might have gotten to keep them but she happily took them back lol. I have plenty.
20200428_210428.jpg

Gorgeous on you ❤️❤️❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results