Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your small but “mighty”colored gemstone rings

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
63310950-B44F-4E7B-96FA-72E2EDFD7AAF.jpeg 5960BCF5-650D-4899-8D10-D67190ED057B.jpeg The green stone was sold to me as a tsavorite garnet by a local jeweler going out of business.....gemstone vendor at Scott’s Antique Market told me dermatoid. Any ideas?
The sapphire is a itty bitty Kashmir cushion.. when I purchased the ring the date 1915 was engraved inside the shank,
when I received it the date had been polished out !!!!!!:angryfire:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Luvallgems yes, your colored gemstones are small but mighty. Sorry about them polishing off the 1915. That must suck! That green could be either demantoid or tsavorite garnet. It's not in the color so much as how the gem scintillates, especially under direct sunlight. Demantoid has fire and will sparkle more.

By the way, here is a pair of earrings that are not mine (I wish I had my ears pierced sometimes!)
...but DF prefers I not do it because it would mean more bling spending :cry2:

Anyway, small but mighty tsavorite and apatite in Yvonne Raley's shop on Etsy. They're only 2mm each.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
@Luvallgems yes, your colored gemstones are small but mighty. Sorry about them polishing off the 1915. That must suck! That green could be either demantoid or tsavorite garnet. It's not in the color so much as how the gem scintillates, especially under direct sunlight. Demantoid has fire and will sparkle more.

By the way, here is a pair of earrings that are not mine (I wish I had my ears pierced sometimes!)

Anyway, small but mighty tsavorite and apatite in Yvonne Raley's shop on Etsy. They're only 2mm each.
YR things are so beautiful and unusual. My green stone, T or D does
sparkle/glow..... happy whatever it is!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@mochiko42 I still think your sapphire and paraiba octagon ring is one of the loveliest featured in Yvonne's catalog for her custom rings!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Since I’ve big man hands I always wanted a big and in your face red gem before I fell in love with a petite 1.2ct unheated ruby from Mozambique (ok it still has a HUGE halo haha).

First it should be seen with my other bigger gems...
94848025-A0ED-42D8-9534-460B0CA1B14D.jpeg

Yup, I’m usually not a small gem person but even with the bigger gems it still has presence.

And here it is... :kiss2:
05085104-1E05-488E-A863-3748351A1F05.jpeg

And I’m now convinced that small but mighty works! Still unsure if I can do without a huge halo but hey it’s a good start.

(Back to obsessing over blue sapphires again...)

Hivona

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I have had these earrings “favorited” for so long! Keep spending money elsewhere as I’m not much of an earring person right now but they are sooooooo pretty!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.