shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your SI2?

sjay184

Rough_Rock
I am kind of curious if there is a thread like this out there already. I don't think I am very clarity sensitive and would love to see a thread with pictures and thoughts regarding your SI2 diamond.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all Si2 diamonds are the same. For example, I have a branded SI2 that is only graded that way because of one needle near the edge that I've actually never been able to see because it's hidden behind a prong. The rest of the diamond is actually totally flawless per the AGS inclusions chart, so it looks like an IF diamond.

However, there are also Si2 diamonds that have more numerous or more visible inclusions, the range from what I understand can be impressive.

I attached the AGS report for my SI2 stone below, you can see the red line which represents the needles, but otherwise the stone is perfectly clean.

agsvc.jpg

IMG_2109.JPG

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you! Just what I was looking for. :D

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
My Si2 - brilliant and eyeclean :)

E-Ring%20.jpg

IMG_2805_1.jpg

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
It really depends where the inclusions are and what they are. I had an SI2 and without magnification you could not see anything in the diamond. It didn't affect the diamond at all. It was a beauty.

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
For reference - the inclusion as shown on the certificate - I swear it faces up 100% eyeclean at 8 inches.

Si2 Cert Inclusion Pic .jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a SI2 and while I think it is pretty eye clean from a normal view, no one else can see any thing looking at it from a normal range (around a foot), however it does have a rather ugly inclusion that I can see from the side and when I look at it I can see if from the top. I did finally loupe it and there are many other inclusions, I just cant see them without the loupe (I have freakish up close vision), would I buy another one, probably, but if I had to choose I would probably go up to at least a SI1 :wink2:

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
My is a SI2, I can see the black inclusion within 3 inches away from my eye as I have a VERY PERFECT EYESIGHT.
But I swear, anything further like 3.1inches away, I can't see it no matter how hard I squeeze my eyes..

I am so in love

2011-09-23 13.23.17.jpg

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Great pics guys! I can't want to look at some SI2s in person.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
finding an "eyeclean" SI2 can be quite a savings. I would love to know how it went for you...

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine:

It was sold to me as a SI1-SI2 and I had a GIA gemologist appraise it and he agreed but went with the SI2. I swear this diamond is eye clean at 1 inch from the eye! The inclusions are needles that are well hidden in the facets and under the prong. My eagle eyed sister can't find the inclusions either-- in fact no one can. That being said, I've seen a lot of SI1 and SI2 diamonds that are not eye clean at all and finding one online takes nerves of steel or a really great vendor that is willing to look thru a lot of stones to find a good one. :)

Close up photos are on page 2 of this post:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-finally-here-3-87-carat-rose-cut.159559/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-finally-here-3-87-carat-rose-cut.159559/[/URL]

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MyDiamondSparkles|1326943146|3106404 said:
Here is mine:

It was sold to me as a SI1-SI2 and I had a GIA gemologist appraise it and he agreed but went with the SI2. I swear this diamond is eye clean at 1 inch from the eye! The inclusions are needles that are well hidden in the facets and under the prong. My eagle eyed sister can't find the inclusions either-- in fact no one can. That being said, I've seen a lot of SI1 and SI2 diamonds that are not eye clean at all and finding one online takes nerves of steel or a really great vendor that is willing to look thru a lot of stones to find a good one. :)

Close up photos are on page 2 of this post:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-finally-here-3-87-carat-rose-cut.159559/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/photos-finally-here-3-87-carat-rose-cut.159559/[/URL]

whoa- stunning stone :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results