shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rings with stability donuts on the back of the shank

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
For my e-ring, I'm plotting out a setting with a big basket, using models I 3D printed a few weeks ago to simulate the feeling. I love a ring gap, but need to find a way to create some stability in how the wedding band will eventually sit. I don't like it when the large basket causes the two shanks to come together at the back. It puts some modest pressure on the north corner of the solitaire, which I find uncomfortable.

1642609835234.png

The big-basket design also helps me minimize:
  • the likelihood that my finger webbing causes the shanks to sit diagonally
  • Ring-spin potential
Back to the topic of shank alignment...

I've never seen this, but I was thinking it might be neat to add a bumper / donut to the back of the shank. Not sure how you'd do this in a non-ugly way, but the objective would be to help position the two band to sit like so:
1642609944872.png

Has anyone tried this?

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Another way to slice the cake would be to have a wider, flatter shank at the back - so if you have one of those, I'd love to see it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
For another idea, I had this larger alternate wedding "set" made. It's one ring with two bands to represent the engagement and wedding rings. The bands are identical, spaced out evenly and permanently attached. They don't meet in the back or have an additional piece joining them together:

bands2.jpg bands3.jpg bands4.jpg bands1.jpg

Last edited:

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Very cool example! Looks crazy stable. Thanks for sharing @seaurchin

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
I just reset my wedding set, but my previous set had a big gap and I didn't do anything special for the back. I find it helps if your bands are flatter/squarish and slightly wider

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results