shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your pregnancy/baby jewelry!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I guess people call them push presents nowadays? I'm considering dreaming up a special project during my pregnancy (and actually seeing it through, lol). Nothing terribly expensive, so no big diamonds in my budget. But I'd love to see what others have designed and/or purchased to mark their pregnancies or children. Please share your pics! Colored stone pieces would be especially nice to see, though I wouldn't turn my nose up at seeing you ladies' amazing diamond pieces, too! :)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Blingbunny! I like that you are planning a bit of sparkle for when the baby is born ;)) Whilst not technically "push presents" as that isn't really a thing here in the UK, when my first daughter was born my husband surprised me with a certified loose 1ct un-heated pink sapphire. I wasn't sure what to do with it so had it set in a simple platinum ring & had her name & dob engraved inside. Whilst I would love to change the setting for something more blingy, sentimentality stops me! When my second daughter was born & our family complete, my husband totally shocked me with a hand forged custom full eternity. Both are true treasures to me.

Enjoy your project & new baby when it arrives!

img_20150311_191359471.jpg

img_20150918_125656762_0.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Alex T|1467825906|4052113 said:
Hi Blingbunny! I like that you are planning a bit of sparkle for when the baby is born ;)) Whilst not technically "push presents" as that isn't really a thing here in the UK, when my first daughter was born my husband surprised me with a certified loose 1ct un-heated pink sapphire. I wasn't sure what to do with it so had it set in a simple platinum ring & had her name & dob engraved inside. Whilst I would love to change the setting for something more blingy, sentimentality stops me! When my second daughter was born & our family complete, my husband totally shocked me with a hand forged custom full eternity. Both are true treasures to me.

Enjoy your project & new baby when it arrives!
So lovely!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
AlexT - Thanks for sharing! I love the pink for your first baby girl, and I especially love that both presents were a surprise from the husband. So sweet.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Susief - thanks for sharing. Such a lovely piece and I love the story about looking at the ring together with your family. Sapphire is a great choice for a boy. If my little one is a boy, I was thinking either blue sapphire or blue zircon (December birthstone). Your heart sidestones are pretty - I don't think I've seen this style before.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my first baby, my mom gave me a pearl pendant with DS's initial cause he's my little pearl. I grew him from just a tiny speck :cheeky:

I'm still trying to decide what I want for baby #2.

pearl_pendant.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My husband surprised me with a Cartier Tank Solo watch that I'd had my eye on, but never dreamed I'd own. One of my kids was adopted and one is bio, so it's more like a present to commemorate our children rather than a push/pregnancy present. Their names and birthdates are engraved on the back. One day, I'll pass it down to my daughter.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding ring consists of 3 bands. The main band is a bit wider and has stones. The smaller ones are plain. My husband had the two smaller bands engraved when our sons were born.
I also had these stackers made, representing the characters of my boys and my husband. I stack these rings a lot with the smaller plain wedding stackers.

_4691.jpeg

_4692.jpeg

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm really not fond of the American term "push present". I don't know why, but I just don't. :eh:

I prefer the term "mother's ring" even though the gift is often not a ring. ;-)

When I was born my dad was elated and offered my mother anything she wanted, absolutely anything. She said she wanted a sports car. He said, "are you mad, you've just had a baby, you can't have a sports car! Let me buy you a diamond ring" But she insisted that she wanted a sports car. In the end she received a diamond ring and a sports car. :naughty:

My husband gave me a chunk of money to do the family bathroom and kitchen renovation I'd been nagging about for two years (how romantic, lol) and a plain palladium knife edge band. I'd been wanting one for ages to wear instead of my wedding set while I was wrangling my baby, or in between my solitaire and uprong diamond band to prevent the uprong eating my solitaire.

Please excuse the non-PS pic, this is just a random pic I took for my FB mommy group. The bag is a cosmetics case made by Thandana, a South African label. The sneaky bugger hid the ring box in the cosmetics case and had me believe that was my present!!! :errrr: :evil:

knife_edge.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i'm so excited I get to add to this thread, since hubby and i just welcomed our baby a few months ago! In indian culture, giving jewelry for the birth of a child is the norm, so I got a TON of stuff. This may become a threadjack so sorry in advance...

First from my husband, a combo push present/ mothers day/ birthday present ( i let him combine all three because this was way out of our budget for any singular event, but combined i was able to convince him). It is a hand made twisted eternity band. It absolutely stands up to my Victor Canera Emilya setting. I have a ton of jewelry of every quality and price point, but I am so glad we splurged on this band

Macro against my engagement ring

img_12233.jpg

img_12234.jpg

img_12235.jpg

img_12236.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
From my Dad, a gold bead chain and a Diamond pendant "M" for my sons name

From myself (HA) a between the finger ring in the style of this Van Cleef piece I love

img_12237.jpg

img_12238.jpg

img_12239.jpg

img_12240.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
from my grandma, gold and diamond bangles. The diamonds are ok quality, but they are heavy duty gold. This is my third pair of bangles ( my parents gave me some that were too big and I sold, I bought some other ones that were too thin, hopefully these are the right fit!) I plan on getting them all rhodium dipped soon

img_12241.jpg

img_12242.jpg

img_12243.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
quick shot of my whole ring stack now. I wear the big eternity band every day and the engagement ring and new band only when i go out.

img_12244.jpg

img_12245.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
last but not least my greatest gift, my baby boy Milan (pronounced Mill-En)

:love: :love: :love: :love:

img_12246.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1468014350|4053335 said:
i'm so excited I get to add to this thread, since hubby and i just welcomed our baby a few months ago! In indian culture, giving jewelry for the birth of a child is the norm, so I got a TON of stuff. This may become a threadjack so sorry in advance...

First from my husband, a combo push present/ mothers day/ birthday present ( i let him combine all three because this was way out of our budget for any singular event, but combined i was able to convince him). It is a hand made twisted eternity band. It absolutely stands up to my Victor Canera Emilya setting. I have a ton of jewelry of every quality and price point, but I am so glad we splurged on this band

This is beautiful! VC did this?

Mrs_Ace

Rough_Rock
This was my push present/ thank you for all your hard work growing and deliverin our son. Intense yellow diamond in a paved diamond halo setting. I love it because of what it symbolizes.

_4712.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I play? My stuff is gold plated as I wanted to try it out before I put too much money into them. See if I liked wearing them.
But I love them 8) 8)

img_20160603_185943.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Niel|1468037547|4053446 said:
Can I play? My stuff is gold plated as I wanted to try it out before I put too much money into them. See if I liked wearing them.
But I love them 8) 8)

ohhhh these are lovely! i love how you layered them =)

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
hathalove|1468034684|4053434 said:

no, it's from a boutique in Santa Monica called Cabachon. I believe it was made by Doron Isaak. What I meant was that the craftsmanship is absolutely on par with my VC, and he is known as a pave master. In fact, since the stones are slightly smaller the work is even finer if that's possible. You can't see ANY metal at all and the twist is so thin and unbelievably delicate, it's just beautiful in person. I don't normally spend so much on just one small band but this was worth it, i really feel like my set is complete now.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1468040078|4053456 said:
hathalove|1468034684|4053434 said:

no, it's from a boutique in Santa Monica called Cabachon. I believe it was made by Doron Isaak. What I meant was that the craftsmanship is absolutely on par with my VC, and he is known as a pave master. In fact, since the stones are slightly smaller the work is even finer if that's possible. You can't see ANY metal at all and the twist is so thin and unbelievably delicate, it's just beautiful in person. I don't normally spend so much on just one small band but this was worth it, i really feel like my set is complete now.

On Montana?! I love that boutique. It's been a while since I have stopped by...years. Not all things are created equal there but if the pave is outstanding and they carry other bands by that artist I might have to stop by. Plus sometimes they have summer sales where a lot of things are 50% off.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1468015151|4053344 said:
last but not least my greatest gift, my baby boy Milan (pronounced Mill-En)

:love: :love: :love: :love:

He is adorable! love him.

Biba

Rough_Rock
Hi blingbunny10,

My gift was an upgrade of my e-ring which DH had promised and I absolutely love it and I'm very happy with it! It's an expert selection stone from WF (0.842, J, VS2, AGS000) in a 18 karat yellow gold and platinum Vatche U113 setting. Are you thinking of a ring or other jewellery item?

_4721.jpeg

_4722.jpeg

_4723.jpeg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! Chiming in with a baby-related jewelry purchase... I lost a baby girl at 20 weeks in Jan 2014 and gave birth to a baby girl in December 2015... Babies born after a pregnancy loss are often called 'rainbow babies' (referring to a rainbow after the storm I suppose) and I got this Hawaiian engraved band as a nod to that. It's got white rose and yellow gold and is 4mm wide. I love it and I absolutely love what it represents :love:

_5524.jpeg

_5525.jpeg

P

Petalouda

ksmom|1472591683|4071569 said:
Hi All! Chiming in with a baby-related jewelry purchase... I lost a baby girl at 20 weeks in Jan 2014 and gave birth to a baby girl in December 2015... Babies born after a pregnancy loss are often called 'rainbow babies' (referring to a rainbow after the storm I suppose) and I got this Hawaiian engraved band as a nod to that. It's got white rose and yellow gold and is 4mm wide. I love it and I absolutely love what it represents :love:

I am so sorry for your loss. Your band is beautiful and a beautiful tribute to your baby girl.

P

Petalouda

I'm loving all these pieces!!!

Here is mine: "Dulcinea" by Emily Armenta

_5537.jpeg

P

Petalouda

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results