shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your pink diamond melee please …

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I have a beautiful custom ring on order for our 20 year anniversary, very kindly commissioned by my husband. I am concerned about selecting the right shade of pink diamond melee though. He has ordered 7P’s but I know the inspiration ring has 7PP’s and Im trying to research the visual difference. Does anyone have an example of either of these two shades they could post please? Or any other shade of pink diamond for comparison. The pinks will be set in a rose gold graduating halo around a white diamond centre, and the outer halo will also be white diamond melee.

I can’t wait to share photos once it’s done!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love pink and I'm excited for you! I don't have any pink diamond experience though so I'll be learning along with you and enjoying what our other PSers share!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks bling_dream19. I have loved pink diamonds forever too, and the prices are extreme for Pink Argyle Diamonds but I figure this is a now it never kind of thing. I’m based in Australia so it feels good to be getting something very Australian, and hopefully an heirloom. I did read the pink diamond thread here but the grading terms seem very different to what I’m seeing online in my research now. I love the “purplish pink” and that is a bit more spendy than the straight pink, but in many examples of the stones unset I can hardly see the difference, yet in a ring the pink definitely looks lighter to me, thank the PP. I have a load of inspiration pics but not sure whether it’s okay to post from other jewellers Insta stories! I have attached an example of some pinks that would be my “lightest” preferred option …

Attachments

• 55F7B7D7-C3FD-4121-81E8-C9A7A9BEF649.png
    55F7B7D7-C3FD-4121-81E8-C9A7A9BEF649.png
    441 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! That’s incredible icy_jade! What a stunning ring.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks bling_dream19. I have loved pink diamonds forever too, and the prices are extreme for Pink Argyle Diamonds but I figure this is a now it never kind of thing. I’m based in Australia so it feels good to be getting something very Australian, and hopefully an heirloom. I did read the pink diamond thread here but the grading terms seem very different to what I’m seeing online in my research now. I love the “purplish pink” and that is a bit more spendy than the straight pink, but in many examples of the stones unset I can hardly see the difference, yet in a ring the pink definitely looks lighter to me, thank the PP. I have a load of inspiration pics but not sure whether it’s okay to post from other jewellers Insta stories! I have attached an example of some pinks that would be my “lightest” preferred option … I have attached the colour chart for reference.

D9E531AB-B5C5-4DFA-8126-04C5395B16DD.png

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I have attached a comparison of two identical rings, but with different shades of pink melee. I’m very interested in peoples opinion on which your prefer. AD6E2464-7A0D-4D0A-9C42-DC1BF54734BD.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lighting is different in those photos. Even the metal and white diamonds look brighter in the ring on the right. Impossible for me to visually differentiate what’s pink stone colour and what’s lighting difference / image manipulation.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
The lighting is different in those photos. Even the metal and white diamonds look brighter in the ring on the right. Impossible for me to visually differentiate what’s pink stone colour and what’s lighting difference / image manipulation.

That’s a great observation - thank you!! I’ve really struggled to work out whether the images have been adjusted because when trying to compare one shade versus another there seems to be very little consistency.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I have 6pp argyle pinks in my ring, not not 7 so I can't help :( sorry

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I have 6pp argyle pinks in my ring, not not 7 so I can't help :( sorry

That would be great to see all the same, if I can find a pic. It’s the tone I’m trying to get right

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s @Scandinavian’s thread with her amazing pink halo ring, I think she says they are 6p in the text,

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
An important point.....unless these stones have lab reports- you'll need to trust whoever is doing the assortment.....

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
An important point.....unless these stones have lab reports- you'll need to trust whoever is doing the assortment.....

They will be GIA certified, pink argyle diamonds.

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s @Scandinavian’s thread with her amazing pink halo ring, I think she says they are 6p in the text,

Wowsers! That is one absolutely stunning ring!!! Thank you for pointing it out to me. It hadn’t come up in my searches.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They will be GIA certified, pink argyle diamonds.

If we’re speaking of melee…. You may be misinformed. Each GIA report is well over $100. I’ve never seen a case where each melee stone was sent to GIA. that doesn’t mean they don’t exist… But from a practical standpoint it doesn’t make sense.
Second of all, GIA will not not verify them as argyle diamonds. If there are Argyle inscriptions on the girdles, that would be noted on the report… But GIA does not issue a geographic origin. And a girdle inscription doesn’t guarantee they’re Argyle either. It’s easy to engrave the girdle so that’s not considered proof.
i’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade… But I think it’s important that accurate information is discussed here.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be great to see all the same, if I can find a pic. It’s the tone I’m trying to get right

I would be asking my vendor for these photos.
don’t get me wrong - I’d still look elsewhere for info for my brain to chew
but what my chosen vendor shows me would carry the most weight.
and real photos. Not renderings.
I mean, this must be a substantial project, right? Asking a vendor to bring in two color choices to compare and choose one isn’t asking much - is it?

hope you come back and show us the finished project!
happy anniversary!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rfischer. You’re quite right. We’ve seen photos of the 7PPs and decided to go with that option. The Jeweller is a couple of hours away which is no real drama, and we know we’ll be very happy with either option but I became a bit fixated with worrying whether the 7Ps would be too light. My husband made the decision on the ring and the overall style etc (with my initial input) so I’m really happy to go with what he chose. It’s just been hard as I’m a bit of a control freak (spending way more time researching post decision than he is remotely interested in!). Here are two of the A23A6380-3416-47AB-874B-9E21B631D418.jpeg the inspiration rings, but without a white diamond in the centre.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your choice! Will be beautiful, looking forward to seeing the finished ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rfischer. You’re quite right. We’ve seen photos of the 7PPs and decided to go with that option. The Jeweller is a couple of hours away which is no real drama, and we know we’ll be very happy with either option but I became a bit fixated with worrying whether the 7Ps would be too light. My husband made the decision on the ring and the overall style etc (with my initial input) so I’m really happy to go with what he chose. It’s just been hard as I’m a bit of a control freak (spending way more time researching post decision than he is remotely interested in!). Here are two of the A23A6380-3416-47AB-874B-9E21B631D418.jpeg the inspiration rings, but without a white diamond in the centre.

Beautiful style, and I can’t imagine you won’t be happier with the PPs - more mind clean :))

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. Here is the picture I have to date. I’ve wondered about having a plain band as I think it’s going to be fancy enough without diamonds on the band too, but I am taking the jewellers advice on that. My new fixation is on the basket, more light but plainer design, versus prettier basket which no one will really see! C57D40B9-88FB-40AF-8DA2-A533E41DF608.jpeg

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful style, and I can’t imagine you won’t be happier with the PPs - more mind clean :))

Thanks yssie, at this end of the saturation scale personally I am finding it very hard to see much difference so I have been tormenting myself over whether I should be looking at PR or P’s but at a 5-6 rather than 7 as they seem to be less expensive. It surprises me that I quite like the PR shade on larger stones, as they look more authentic to me. Some PPs are creeping towards a sapphire look to me, which is not what I want. Anyway, it is settled for 7PPs now and they are beautiful against a white background - I hope the same will be true set in RG. About 2-3 weeks out now I think from completion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results