shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearl Enhancers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies!
35.gif

My mother has recently given me her old engagement ring with her blessings to do with it whatever I wish. The stone is I think a 0.5 carat oval with a large table, but it''s very white and eye-clean. (Will take pictures when I can, but my camera''s been acting up...) I was thinking of making an enhancer for my strand of pearls with it, and was wondering if any of you had enhancers you could share so I could get some ideas!

I want to make the diamond the star, but any pictures you''d be willing to share would be amazingly helpful!

TIA!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
**BUMP**

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
your project sounds great vc10um, and I wish I could help, but I don''t have any enhancers.
7.gif
Are you sure you want to go with an enhancer and not a drop pendant (very thin bezel with milgrain on your oval, and maybe a pearl drop below)?

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking I might be able to use an enhancer *as* a pendant...really the only difference is having a clasp on the pendant you can attach to a strand of pearls...at least in my understanding...so I could probably just wear it on a regular chain as well.

pearlie

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I am not a fan of pearl enhancers.

Due to abrasion, the gold (or whatever metal is used) quickly discolors the silk thread, leaving dark spots between your pearls. And there''s always the chance that the enhancer will scratch the pearls.

I only recommend an enhancer on a ''tin-cup'' style pearl necklace, where the enhancer will hang on chain, not pearls.

An enhancer by definition is a pendant that has a hinged bail that snaps open and closed over a pearl necklace, making it pricier than a pendant simply because of the moveable parts. You may be better off just going with a pendant, one with a bail large enough to change necklaces (chain, omega, leather cord, etc).

Perhaps your best bet is to visit area jewelers who do custom work, and have a few of them sketch something up for you.

.julie.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Julie, thanks for the information! I didn''t realize that it could do that much damage.

Perhaps I will just go with a pendant with a nice size bale so I can use it on various chains I already have.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
What about using the diamond in a pendant with pearls. I have always loved a sunburst pendant...not sure if it's your taste, but here is a pic.here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results