shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your layered necklaces/pendants please!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can anyone that successfully layers necklaces and pendants show me some of your combos?

So I am about to pull the trigger on a diamond pendant. .
0.8 AVC with a double milgrain bezel in white gold.

Earlier today I purchased a silver bezel pendant to work out length of chain I like and check on size. It’s a very similar size to what I will be getting maybe 1-1.5mm smaller overall, 16 inch chain, I’m thinking of going for 15 inch and thicker.

The problem is that I am not liking it with my other necklaces. These won’t be to everyone’s taste but I like them and wear them so not looking for critique on those ;)2

They are all big because I don’t normally wear small jewellery - I’m tall and like big pieces. But I love wearing multiple bracelets (tennis, bangle, heavy chain) so thought I would like to do with my necklaces more often plus have a piece I can wear very simply on its own.

383DFABD-373A-4D1D-84E9-D46C2F6E87B3.jpeg
B2D01745-EDEF-4FFA-BC05-0DB3740A1096.jpeg DB9BD471-E68B-4606-ACC6-297C2EF1366F.jpeg A234A22A-87EE-4A13-93C5-B612341DD312.jpeg 5A3C13E2-45C0-4116-BC79-3EC3203542CB.jpeg 6B5F194A-C429-4B65-943A-90AAB758A089.jpeg

It’s a different color gold and my other chains are thicker.

Should I be getting something more elaborate? I was originally going to do a much bigger blingier pendant but then decided I wanted something simpler and not ostentatious for day to day.

Obviously I could go and buy some more dainty things to go with it and that would be easy but I’d rather make what I have or elements of what I have already work.

I’m definitely missing a heavy chain in my collection and the bird is waiting to be fixed to a chain. Perhaps longer chains and more far apart? The two photos with three necklaces I would never wear like that but maybe I would with different chains?

Sorry for the rambling post :roll:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have any advice but I love your pictures!

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
For me, switching both the delicacy and the color of the gold is what is jarring. I think either making the chain closer to the style of the other chains could help, or going with yellow or rose gold. I'd also consider making the bezel beefier - doesn't have to be as dramatically ornate as your current bold pieces, but bigger and maybe with some engraving? If you don't go for too much beefier/ornate then it should go with your necklaces but still be understated to wear on its own.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@distracts thank you!

@josieKat thanks for your thoughts. Yes I think both those things would probably help and I do plan on a slightly chunkier chain. I just don’t want yellow gold for it, that’s one thing I’m firm on. The fact that all my chains necklaces at the moment are yellow gold is a bit limiting and I do like mixing metals. My pendant will be a bit bigger with engraving but I wasn’t going to do a halo or anything really massive because then it just becomes a little bit less wearable and I would like to be able to wear it 6 out of 7 days, which I don’t do with any of my other necklaces.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
I do think the right chunkier chain could do it, especially that little bit shorter. I love mixing metals too, and have them mixed in both my wedding set and earrings. (Now to get a mixed metal pendant!)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@josieKat Hopefully :pray: it’s just the thought of spending lots of money and then not wearing. It’s given me pause for thought.

Think the whole layering is really quite tricky to get perfect.

So if anyone is reading this and has mastered necklaces please post!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results