shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Kitchen and Cooking Gadgets Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that says it all. And if you have pics of bling or yummy food in your kitchen/gadget pics-all the better. Once I clean my kitchen a little better, I'll take pics of it, but for now I'll just add a couple of pics of gadgets!!

And feel free to add what you like to make most, how often you cook/don't cook, your favorite cooking item, etc. Heck, even recipes or fun facts...

Ok. I'll start, here is a pic of one of my favorite kitchen "gadgets", my solid marble mortar and pestle, grinding my sapphire necklace. Ok, not really grinding it. I love it because it's so ancient and has so much history behind it. The fact that I bought it for $15 helps too!

IMG_0867sized.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for starting this thread!! I promise to post photos. Right now we''re both under the weather (the DH more so than me so I get to be the caregiver - great fun) so I can''t play quite yet. I have a lovely espresso machine...but it needs cleaning, badly, especially for macro close ups. Lime scale, gotta love London water, sucks for all of our stainless steel things.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That''s an awesome marble set!!

My favorite item in the kitchen is my Keurig coffee maker that I only use for hot water and tea now. Unless I have guests and that is rare.

I also like my skillet/pans as they go from stovetop to oven. I can''t stand anthing with meltable handles.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles- Thanks! You should make Apple Tarte Tartin with your stovetop to oven cookware!! And where are the pictures?!

I need to post more pictures in here....

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ours are all packed in preparation for our move, but I will try to take pictures when they are no longer in boxes!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep trying to upload photos but it's taking so long that I end up cancelling it. Am I doing something wrong or are other people having trouble with photos as well?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Addy! That''s weird. I''m sorry I didn''t see this until now. Poo. I don''t know whats up with that. Have you tried again or uploaded since then?

Here''s a kitchen "gadget" for you! My cookbooks! They have their own bookcase because I have so many, and I have to admit there are a couple that aren''t cooking related, but have something else to do with cooking (in my head anyway). Don''t mind the dust-and that pic in the silver picture frame is the only one of us in the whole place. Or of people actually...

I keep meaning to take pics of my chinois, but it hasn''t happened yet because it''s down in the recesses of my cabinets...Naughty Freke.

IMG_1231 freke cookbooks.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dh97

Shiny_Rock
For now, I''m so much into this mandoline.

mandoline.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo...Awesome. A mandoline is on my wishlist! How do you like it?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Favorite kitchen gadget is my crockpot. I can throw everything in it & let it cook away without having to do anything. I use recipezaar.com to find most of my recipes. A lot of the recipes are really healthy since they are mostly vegetables, chicken & meats, stock/water etc.. Another plus for me is crockpots make even the toughest cuts of meat tender so I can buy & use whatever is on sale.

dh97

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 2:27:12 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Ooo...Awesome. A mandoline is on my wishlist! How do you like it?

FrekeChild, I love to make Asian salads. With this Japanese mandoline, it helps me a lot. The blades very sharp, and the toothed blade allows me to make very fine ( 1mm ) strings garnishing. You can adjust the thickness too. Very simple and easy to operate, clean. After I got a small one and love it so much, then I decided to get a bigger one ( I learned from here, the bigger is the better
34.gif
41.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results