shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your keychains!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I have two children and a niece turning 16 in the next year. Keychains seem like a logical and sentimental gift, but I hate to pick something plain. My husband still carries the keychain he received for his sixteenth birthday!

Can you show me your keychains? Even better if you have links!

My daughter made noises about liking ones that can go around the wrist. I have a cheapie fabric one that does just that, and it’s great b/c I can find it in my purse, but it’s certainly not nice.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just make sure no pictures of your keys.
Copies can very easily be made from a photo of your keys.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes really? I had no idea. Thank you for the warning!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just make sure no pictures of your keys.
Copies can very easily be made from a photo of your keys.

:oops2:

Thank you for letting us know I never knew!!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't use a key chain. I just have the loop the remote came on with the car and house keys.

I think an engraved one for a special birthday might be nice though, if the person is just starting driving?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Look on etsy. My daughter bought some for friends a few years ago, but they all had special meaning, such as the state they went to college, a favorite car, or an animal.

BTW, they call them fobs now, so search by that term. Here are state ones with hearts like she bought, plus a kazillion others:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look on etsy. My daughter bought some for friends a few years ago, but they all had special meaning, such as the state they went to college, a favorite car, or an animal.

BTW, they call them fobs now, so search by that term. Here are state ones with hearts like she bought, plus a kazillion others:

so key rings

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have one other than the one that came with the key fob, I just put my keys on it...

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had this since the late 90s - bought it when I was in Florence and for some reason am attached to it. My husband has repaired it a couple of times!

image.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just keep the fob in the zippered part of my purse. no real keys actually.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a keychain.
I use only one key, the house key.
I just put it in my pocket.

I prefer minimum bulky things on me.
I don't use a wallet either, just a couple cards in my pocket.

My car's fob is the largest thing I carry, and I even pulled out the metal key-insert out to make it lighter.

I don't carry a phone either.
It stays in my car when I'm away from home.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I just keep the fob in my purse as I just need it on me to press all the buttons to unlock and drive the car. My daughters use a wallet from Vera Bradley. It’s super slim for a couple cards and id and has their keys attached. They like them!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have a keychain.
I use only one key, the house key.
I just put it in my pocket.

I prefer minimum bulky things on me.
I don't use a wallet either, just a couple cards in my pocket.

My car's fob is the largest thing I carry, and I even pulled out the metal key-insert out to make it lighter.

I don't carry a phone either.
It stays in my car when I'm away from home.

You are low maintenance @kenny..:lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use a key holder.
47C95CE8-0DE9-4E23-9E02-8D6165541BFE.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a Fendi Monster keychain, back when those were a thing. Lost it. Upgraded to a Chanel key holder. Lost that, too. Finally splashed out on this plastic beaut and haven’t lost my keys ever since. Go figure.

54B58343-DD7A-4F72-8E2D-5C8AC82B2D8A.jpeg

No idea what sort of budget you had in mind, but what about a personalized/monogrammed leather wristlet-style key ring from Leatherology, Mark & Graham, or similar?

Or if you want the gift to be a bit more jewelry-like/substantial, you can’t go wrong with engraved sterling silver…

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

I have Spencer Cardholder wristlet from Kate Spade. It comes with standard round keyring (pic 1), but I changed it with something easier to use.

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

I have Spencer Cardholder wristlet from Kate Spade. It comes with standard round keyring (pic 1), but I changed it with something easier to use.

Oooh I haven’t seen anything like this in a while. My daughter would probably really like that so she wouldn’t have to carry a big purse. Though it wouldn’t fit a phone. Hmm. Love that it goes on the wrist! Thank you!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Had a Fendi Monster keychain, back when those were a thing. Lost it. Upgraded to a Chanel key holder. Lost that, too. Finally splashed out on this plastic beaut and haven’t lost my keys ever since. Go figure.

No idea what sort of budget you had in mind, but what about a personalized/monogrammed leather wristlet-style key ring from Leatherology, Mark & Graham, or similar?

Or if you want the gift to be a bit more jewelry-like/substantial, you can’t go wrong with engraved sterling silver…

Engraved sterling silver was my first thought, honestly. But I wasn’t sure what else was out there. I also wondered if it would tarnish badly over time.

Your plastic key ring made me laugh!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Whoops on the terminology! Thank you for the correction!

Will check out Etsy.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock

Thought I was the only klutz who loses a Chanel key holder. :lol:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is a “Return to Tiffany” gift that I got from a friend, who lives half way around the world.
I’ve had it for nearly 25 years. I use it all the time, but took the keys off for this photo as per @Karl_K Thanks, Karl for the warning. 96F8C5BA-DAE5-4C39-A5A8-2AD75EEB31F5.jpeg

Oh, I love this style, Garnetgirl! So I wondered, looking at this on the Tiffany site—do you add keys by screwing/unscrewing the balls on the ends? If so, do you ever have issues with the balls getting loose on their own?

Love the idea of maybe doing the one like this with a monogram (thought it doesn’t help at all with the whole putting it on the wrist bit).

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love this style, Garnetgirl! So I wondered, looking at this on the Tiffany site—do you add keys by screwing/unscrewing the balls on the ends? If so, do you ever have issues with the balls getting loose on their own?

Love the idea of maybe doing the one like this with a monogram (thought it doesn’t help at all with the whole putting it on the wrist bit).

Yes, the keys are added by unscrewing the little balls on the ends.

There were a couple of occasions where I noticed that one of the balls was loose. Now over the years I’ve seemed to have developed a habit of slightly turning them to tighten, or just to check, (because most if the time the little balls are still tight) every time I pull the key chain out of my purse.

But, hey, I’m not OCD :razz:

I do tend to take care of my things, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results