shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your J color Emerald cut diamonds...please :-)

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
I just posted over in Rocky Talky about my new 4.28 J VS1 diamond. It's a warmer colored stone than I have ever had. Thinking about resetting it in yellow gold. But would love to see whatever settings you have!

Thanks for reading this! I am attaching a pic of my new ring. It looks fairly white in the picture but does have some color in real life.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lucky YOU! I love it in white metal! Don't change it! I actually have a K antique asscher in platinum, and it doesn't bother me a bit. I would have never even looked lower than I color, but when I had the chance to look at a well cut antique stone, I took the chance and am fine with the color. I probably would not go lower than J in a modern cut, though. The round on top is I color and the lower ring is the K.
2016-12-29 10.00.12.jpg

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Wow, lucky YOU! I love it in white metal! Don't change it! I actually have a K antique asscher in platinum, and it doesn't bother me a bit. I would have never even looked lower than I color, but when I had the chance to look at a well cut antique stone, I took the chance and am fine with the color. I probably would not go lower than J in a modern cut, though. The round on top is I color and the lower ring is the K.
2016-12-29 10.00.12.jpg
Holy cow! That is a beautiful asscher! Your post makes me feel more confident of the current setting!! Thank you so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome and thank you! I love step cuts and have seen a couple of very large J's (or lower) in platinum. I think they are classy and elegant stones and just look best in platinum. These were like 6-7 cts. Not the best pics, but they were beautiful in person. You can see a lot more tint in the second stone, so it looks much more tinted than my asscher! Maybe it was a K-L because it definitely showed more color than the other.
2014-06-07 13.40.47.jpg 2014-06-07 13.41.00.jpg

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful diamond!

I agree with DS that step cuts look best in white metal because it enhances the silvery/mirror-like quality of the cut. Although you said it shows more color in real life than in the photo, I would still encourage you to keep the current setting: I only notice tint if I'm really looking for it (because you said it was a J), which makes me think the color may not be as noticeable to most people in real life as it appears to you. ;-)

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful diamond!

I agree with DS that step cuts look best in white metal because it enhances the silvery/mirror-like quality of the cut. Although you said it shows more color in real life than in the photo, I would still encourage you to keep the current setting: I only notice tint if I'm really looking for it (because you said it was a J), which makes me think the color may not be as noticeable to most people in real life as it appears to you. ;-)
Thanks Hayley87! You are right--most people will probably notice the entire ring vs noticing what the color is. The side stones are a G color but aren't so drastic that it's that noticeable. Maybe because of all the sparkle. Lol!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
You are welcome and thank you! I love step cuts and have seen a couple of very large J's (or lower) in platinum. I think they are classy and elegant stones and just look best in platinum. These were like 6-7 cts. Not the best pics, but they were beautiful in person. You can see a lot more tint in the second stone, so it looks much more tinted than my asscher! Maybe it was a K-L because it definitely showed more color than the other.
2014-06-07 13.40.47.jpg 2014-06-07 13.41.00.jpg
A girl can dream!! So lovely. Thanks!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I agree with other posters that you should keep it in white metal. Here is my J color diamond in white gold with I color halo diamonds. I never notice the color even though my other diamonds are all G and higher. Its a lot smaller than yours though. :)
ec_halo_ring_106b-jpg.456238

ec_halo_ring_111-jpg.456237

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here comes another vote for keeping your setting as is- the stone looks fabulous.

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I agree with other posters that you should keep it in white metal. Here is my J color diamond in white gold with I color halo diamonds. I never notice the color even though my other diamonds are all G and higher. Its a lot smaller than yours though. :)
ec_halo_ring_106b-jpg.456238

ec_halo_ring_111-jpg.456237
That is very very beautiful! I love the fire she is throwing! Thank you for posting. I am really becoming convinced. Lol!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine - 1.04ct J VS1

IMG_2605.JPG
Another stunner! Thanks for posting your beautiful ring! I am starting to wonder why people shy away for the J-k colors. They seem to have so much fire and the price is more reasonable than the higher colors. But that may be just my opinion!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add this picture of my J - in direct sun it does show a slight bit of warmth. The other pic (above) makes it look quite white, which it is in indirect sun.

IMG_2804.JPG

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, deets on that band please?
Hi, it's my original wedding band and it's 25 pointer each stone, total 3.75 carat. I love it and never want to change this ever or upgrade! A few thing I love and not looking to upgrade:)

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add this picture of my J - in direct sun it does show a slight bit of warmth. The other pic (above) makes it look quite white, which it is in indirect sun.

IMG_2804.JPG
Still gorgeous!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all so lovely!! My EC is a G, so I'm not posting, but I thought I'd help confirm metal color: white gold or Platinum. I don't believe a J colored stone gives off enough color to merit a yellow gold dress; I believe you may add undesired tiny to the diamond, when it's not necessary. Seeing all of the above J's (including yours) only confirms my hypothesis...they look amazing in white metal!!!
Best wishes for the journey ahead!!
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results