carat
color
clarity

Show me your French cut moissanite please

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C14A6388-D336-40E1-AF70-FADEA21AD055.jpeg

I have a three stone RH ring that I want to have made that is similar to/inspired by the ring above that I found on eBay, and I think I want to go with French cuts for it. Since this will be a fun-to-wear piece vs something ‘heirloom-y’, and because I want to put the fund$ that would be $pent on FC diamonds into other projects, I think moissanite makes sense. Sizewise, I am thinking probably 3mm - 4mm - 3mm as I like the slight variation/scale of the inspiration ring.

So who has FC moissy to show off/share, where did you source it from, how do you like it, pricing, etc? Please feel free to post pics (duh! :lol-2:) along with the sizes of your stones and - if on the finger - your ring size please to get a sense for scale.

I kinda like the look of JuliaB’s FCs, as they aren’t too high, but the tables aren’t cut to octagonal shapes, and I don’t want to just go with the first source I find.

Thanks much! :wavey:

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrsgreeneyes your band is beautiful! Do you happen to know if the Tianyu FCs have octagonal cut tables or square tables?

@molecule I played with your pic a bit, and I think the FCs are 2.5mm, as they appear just a smidge smaller than the asschers ... unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.
91F9CF2C-8E81-4D4F-A84E-882C8DCBDF9E.jpeg

I think I would feel better ordering from a U.S.-based seller, as overseas returns can be a PITA. Are there any other sellers anyone may know of who I should consider?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@molecule one more ? - did Julia happen to mention the color of the FCs, by chance?

molecule

Shiny_Rock
@the_mother_thing
Julia offered 2 different colors. I ordered FG and they appeared a bit more yellow (excuse the picture quality...) 20180712_153922.jpg

I was thinking about asking David what he thought they were, but it might taint the ring if they're lower than I ordered.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @molecule I don’t mind a little body color (I prefer it actually). I may just go ahead and order the 3 loose stones from her and cross my fingers. They’re not terribly expensive so it’s not a huge risk. :wavey:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.