shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your (favorite) CS cluster style rings

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm considering a cluster-type ring, but I haven't seen many with CS that I like. If you have one, please post it! Or if you have one you love, even if it's not yours, feel free to post that too. I'm trying to get ideas for a finished ring before I purchase any stones. (But if I do, there'd be one "main" stone, still on the smaller side, and several very small ones.)

Thank you!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you consider a 'cluster' the same as a 'halo' design?

S

SparkliesLuver

It could be a halo, yes. Or it could be something asymmetrical, if that makes sense.

ETA: something like this is what's in my head, but it's really the only thing I've found that I like. And I'm sure there are better examples out there, especially on PS. :)

3aff18661edc6e9cc5e86f491ca99254.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the rings I love is TL's FCD ring. I will let TL add photos, as it will take me forever to search through PS for them. But I love how her ring came out.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved this setting and would love to have one made with a 5mm pink stone in the middle:

102dplat-3104-8-250.jpg

If and when I win the lottery and have the means to buy a very nice blue-green Emerald, I would set it in a ballerina setting like these ones:

emerald-ballerina-cocktail-ring-hh287.jpg
jor04344-1-500x500.jpg

My favourite setting for a Trillion cut stone:
__12_1.jpg

Another one that I would like with a pink stone:
1_3_0.jpg

Just a few that I like, there are more! :bigsmile:

Lastly, this is my mum's, now mine, 2ct+ cabochon Ruby, currently being re-sized so that I can wear it again:
clusterrubydiamondring.jpg

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple more, Gypsy Set Bombe rings with multi-gems:

698910.jpg
31rscf2fqcl.jpg

TL's FCD ring is amazing! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this thread needed at least one pic of TL's FCD ring. So without further ado, the money shot:

tlfcddiamondband3_pre.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring TL. I like the emerald ballerina rings too...divine.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL also has an EC Emerald set in a ballerina setting and it is gorgeous.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I found this on a ring blog, I think. Anyway it's a similar style to your inspiration ring. I liked it so I saved the picture.

triple_banded_sapphire_baguette.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1423076245|3827322 said:
It could be a halo, yes. Or it could be something asymmetrical, if that makes sense.

ETA: something like this is what's in my head, but it's really the only thing I've found that I like. And I'm sure there are better examples out there, especially on PS. :)

I like!

here's one I've wanted for a very long time:

gold_stacker_type_1.png

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I have a few in that sort of style - not particularly high end or valuable, but very wearable. I find a busy ring helps distract from my stubby little fingers a bit :naughty:

These ones are rather included Zambian emeralds, a southsea pearl with a teeny aquamarine, peridot and amethyst, and one with tourmalines and peridots and a small seed pearl. I snapped these quickly with my phone camera, but can take better shots if you want.

My new demantoid ring also has a chunky sort of flower halo and could also be considered a cluster ring (thread here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-8ct-namibian-demantoid-garnet-halo-ring.209114/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-8ct-namibian-demantoid-garnet-halo-ring.209114/[/URL])

And I agree, TL's ring is to die for! It's so elegant yet fun at the same time.

20150205_091424_2.jpg

20150205_091350_2.jpg

20150205_091312_2.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for all the posts, everyone. I really appreciate it. :wavey:

DK, I love two that you posted, so thank you! I'm definitely saving them to my folder. :) And, by the way, your mom's ring is ... :lickout: After it's re-sized, you have to make a thread about it and post lots of pictures.

TL, your ring has become one of my primary inspirations for the long-term. Thank you. :D

You're right, woofmama, that is similar...yet different in its own way. Nice.

moviezombie, thanks for posting that one. I love the natural look of it.

InToTheMystic, I'd looooove more shots of your Zambian emerald ring. That's gorgeous. That's right up my alley! :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This is mine, I hope it qualifies. :))

_26670.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Yes, it definitely does, mariedtiger! That's really intriguing and unique. I like it. Thank you for sharing. :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been talking to my jeweler about how to set my favorite smaller stones at some point...lots of beautiful inspiration here. So thanks OP for the post and others for sharing. (I am trying hard to ignore TL's knockout ring because the last thing I can afford to start on is colored diamonds - haha).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1423156557|3827803 said:
I've been talking to my jeweler about how to set my favorite smaller stones at some point...lots of beautiful inspiration here. So thanks OP for the post and others for sharing. (I am trying hard to ignore TL's knockout ring because the last thing I can afford to start on is colored diamonds - haha).

Thank you Lilmosun. I love your paraiba cluster ring in your avatar too. It's stunning.

S

SparkliesLuver

lilmosun - I love your (avatar) ring. There has to be a post on it, right? I'd love to see more pictures. Something like that is definitely what I was imagining, but I couldn't quite find a real example of it.

Oooooo, thanks deskjockey. I like. The last picture helps me get an idea of scale, too. One for the files. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these...

_26675.jpg

_26676.jpg

_26677.jpg

_26678.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mariedtiger|1423152081|3827771 said:
This is mine, I hope it qualifies. :))

Qualifies! Love this ring. :)

All the rings posted are very nice as well.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
This pink diamond Cartier beauty from 'Lust Caution'. Yum.

cartier-lust-caution-ring.jpg
0108_cartierlustring4_420.jpg 0108_cartierlustring1_420.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is slowly turning into a halo thread. :naughty:

Elizabeth Taylor's 8 carat ruby ring. :cheeky:

24_img_9630-thumb-350x262-1624_1_.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elizabeth Taylor's South Sea pearl ring. I love how the pear shape diamonds fall back more than a traditional halo, like a real flower might.

taylor_pearl_ring.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, please show us your Emerald ballerina ring, pretty please?

DK :bigsmile:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1423227283|3828231 said:
TL, please show us your Emerald ballerina ring, pretty please?

DK :bigsmile:

+1

I was going through my settings box on the way to my jeweler and realized I have this one that might qualify as cluster style ring. It is an inexpensive stock setting and if I were to have it made, I would have gone for a little more finger coverage. Now just need to figure out what type of stone I want in the middle.

settingsflower.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh..I just saw the earlier comments.

Sparliesluver- I didn't even think of my avatar ring being what you might be looking for as you mentioned having a main stone. I don't have other pictures but if you want a specific angle or something lmk and I will try. The funny thing is that I almost didn't buy the ring because of the setting. I thought the whimsical style with the surreal looking stones made it look like blingy costume. Having never heard of a paraiba before, I was taken back by the price for a ring with little included tourmalines and wanted it to look real if I spent that much, lol. But the stones kept me coming back to the ring so I eventually bought and I am so glad I did and the setting does perfectly highlights the stones. So thank you.

And TL, thank you for the compliment, coming from someone has a good eye for this stuff, it means a lot.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my emerald ring by request. This stone does NOT photograph well at all, and looks nothing like this. The color is much deeper and richer. It's a medium dark stone.

tlemeraldring2.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Leon M. ruby ring is perfection! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results