shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Emerald Cut diamonds with different ratios please!

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to upgrade my current EC and I've always liked the L/W ratio of 1.3-1.4; however, I've found a couple of diamonds I like between 1.4 & 1.5. I'm wondering what they look like on the finger. I can't find any good pictures on internet with the rings on the finger. Thanks!

Reactions: AV_

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go - 1:1.50 (as I recall) :)
FE93B34A-0ED1-4468-9301-92B9028FBFAC.jpeg

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
SO LOVELY! It looks perfect on your finger!

Thank you! Hope you found the right ratio for your ring! Do a reveal when you get it, emerald cuts just so beautiful.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Certainly remember your ring @NicoleEC !

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is 1:22
IMG_6757.jpg

Holy s#@t!! Where was I when you posted this?!?! Your ring is STUNNING, @NicoleEC❤️❤️!! So very Art Deco- absolutely love the proportions, color and an LM piece to boot!! I just LOVE it!! A very belated congrats to you...

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Love your ring, @NicoleEC, so I dug up your original post... :Up_to_something:

Clean line design, yet so timeless :love:

NicoleEC

Rough_Rock
Holy s#@t!! Where was I when you posted this?!?! Your ring is STUNNING, @NicoleEC❤❤!! So very Art Deco- absolutely love the proportions, color and an LM piece to boot!! I just LOVE it!! A very belated congrats to you...

Aww, thank you! I've been wearing it for almost 2 1/2 years and still love it! When originally searching for the stone I was looking for similar proportions as the OP but my husband came across this stone and asked what I thought of a chunkier ratio and after some thought I said go for it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
L/W is 1.5

IMG_6594[1].jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
love the proportions [1.22], color

I looked for the short 1.05:1 - 1.25:1 L/W @ BN (the one search that lets you select L/w, so easy) & it brought up so many beautiful stones! Frankly, I had no idea that short EC are so often good looking - or, at least this one time it so happens. A few have similar facet patterns as Nicole's. Try if you wish!

random pick www

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I looked for the short 1.05:1 - 1.25:1 L/W @ BN (the one search that lets you select L/w, so easy) & it brought up so many beautiful stones! Frankly, I had no idea that short EC are so often good looking - or, at least this one time it so happens. A few have similar facet patterns as Nicole's. Try if you wish!

random pick www

Thanks for the info, @AV_! And for the eye candy! Like you, I had no idea short ECs can be very beautiful! I thought anything shorter than 1:1.20 would be an Asscher looking one but not the case apparently. And Nicole’s ring is a perfectly beautiful example of this as is the stone on the BN site you linked.
Love them both!

Reactions: AV_

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Mine is 1:22
IMG_6757.jpg

This post is 4 years old but I have to say, I love a squat emerald and you have one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. This raises the bar for me. Hope you're continuing to wear it with happiness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results