shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your CS in Asscher cut.....:)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
There is a thread over in SMTB that shows asscher cuts, but the majority are diamonds. I was hoping for a thread here in CS showing just CS in asscher and or square cut stones in their settings. Thanks for sharing! :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
My new ring, which I think you've seen. There was a thread about CS asschers and a lot of people were saying they dislike them, but I love mine. I think it has a lot of oomph and movement despite the lower RI. I always wanted a big step cut and that's the only way I could swing it as I'm surely decades away from having an 11mm asscher diamond.

top reduced.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Kelpie, that's beautiful.
I remember that thread you mentioned, but I tried to search Asscher and couldn't find ANYTHING
except this thread ??????

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
kelpie said:
My new ring, which I think you've seen. There was a thread about CS asschers and a lot of people were saying they dislike them, but I love mine. I think it has a lot of oomph and movement despite the lower RI. I always wanted a big step cut and that's the only way I could swing it as I'm surely decades away from having an 11mm asscher diamond.

kelpie...I love it....but I am partial to all the step cut stones. Think they are just very "classy". jmo....thanks for sharing and wear it in good health! :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You know, it's a shame this search function is so cruddy, because there are several "show me your colored stone asschers"-type threads from the pre-PS2.0 days. I tried to find them but was also unsuccessful. Anyway, if we're gonna rebuild it, here are mine:

Peter Torraca prasiolite in JKT silver/green gold bezel ring:

prasring1-1.jpg

Pra314_sm.jpg

Tanzanite Asscher from Tan in 3-stone pendant (not precision-cut, but really pretty):

jstar-3stonepend1.jpg

12774.jpg

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
oooo ~ I was just looking at that pendant on Etsy!!!
I just love it!
And the Peter stone with the green gold ~ gorgeous!!!!
Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will put up one
of my Asscher-cut Aquamarine ring.....

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
kelpie said:

:love: :love: :love:

Kelpie, your asscher ring is amazing! The stone is so nicely cut, and the color and saturation just stands out. Are the prongs in RG or YG? If so, is it in 18K?

Just delicious. :lickout:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock said:
kelpie said:

:love: :love: :love:

Kelpie, your asscher ring is amazing! The stone is so nicely cut, and the color and saturation just stands out. Are the prongs in RG or YG? If so, is it in 18K?

Just delicious. :lickout:

pr...here is the link to that BEAUTY!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/passed-around-pink-tourmaline-finally-set.150385/

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. It's a yellow beryl from Bespoke Gems.

EDasscher 028.jpg

ed036.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
file.jpg

Mine. Peridot from Jeff White, setting by Daniel M.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few vendor photos of some of mine

Scap1.jpg

Scap2.jpg

1.38ct.GrossularGarnetAsscher6.61mmLTPs.jpg

0087AfghanToumaline2400.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
A couple more loose stones.

285549abcd.jpg

Amy196_sm1.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of my set asschers.

LTPsAsscherRings.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

JeffWhitePeridot.jpg

IMG 7082.jpg

228a.jpg

DI40X_GIA14345008.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:

Wow...Ltp..you really have some GORGEOUS asschers!! Do you have a favorite? :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have a few asschers

1115847SapphireRingSarah.jpg

74111Sun301sarah.jpg

GreenTourmaline2.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:

Wow...Ltp..you really have some GORGEOUS asschers!! Do you have a favorite? :love:

Thanks Taylorbug!

I think my Gene Grossular is my favourite TBH.

IMG 7090a.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:

Thanks Taylorbug!

ltp...you have lots of colors...all so pretty. Which of your yellow stones most resembles a yellow diamond? Color and RI? :wavey:

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
LTP I never tire of seeing your asscher collection

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Cemrn! :twirl:

Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:
Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:

Thanks Taylorbug!

ltp...you have lots of colors...all so pretty. Which of your yellow stones most resembles a yellow diamond? Color and RI? :wavey:

Of mine, I think the grossular garnet most resembles a fancy yellow diamond, but not without it's faults. I'd probably say that a yellow sapphire would probably be your best bet in an asscher if you're trying to emulate a diamond.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:
Thank you, Cemrn! :twirl:

Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:
Taylorbug! said:
LaurenThePartier said:

Thanks Taylorbug!

Of mine, I think the grossular garnet most resembles a fancy yellow diamond, but not without it's faults. I'd probably say that a yellow sapphire would probably be your best bet in an asscher if you're trying to emulate a diamond.[/quote

Thanks....ltp...I have a few yellow sapphires and love them...but would still love to own that "Magnificient Yellow diamond" someday!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess I'll repost mine here too. It's a 1.75 ct pink spinel recut by Jeff White.
fingershotsspinelasscher.jpg
65mmHand2.jpg
JWbeforeandafter.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Chrono! I had no idea that amazing asscher was a RECUT!!!! Did you already have the spinel or was that rough that Jeff had sourced?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
Guess I'll repost mine here too. It's a 1.75 ct pink spinel recut by Jeff White.

Wow Chrono, that's amazing! What were the specs before the recut? Was it a lot of loss in carat weight?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP and Davi,
I’m sorry to admit that I have no idea. Jeff sourced the native cut spinel for me based on the approximate final size and colour I was looking for. :oops:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, they're all so beautiful! Wish I had one to contribute....one of these days! Every one of your stones makes my heart pitty-pat. Lauren, I am not usually crazy about peridots but the color of yours has me drooling. I want to adopt you all!

--- Laurie

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here's my asscher chrysoberyl.

kiz-bgdchrysoring.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet said:
Here's my asscher chrysoberyl.

kiz-bgdchrysoring.jpg

Kismet...I have seen that one....and admired for a while.....love it. :love: :love: :love: Is that your ering?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results