shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your clarity enhanced diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carly1281

Rough_Rock
I''d love to see some of these clarity enhanced diamonds in settings! Thanks!

Carly1281

Rough_Rock
It looks beautiful! What is wrong with it? !

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stack is so pretty SDL!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is lovely SDL!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is still one of my faves, SDL!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love love love SDL''s set....My FAVORITE by far!!!

I had a marquise stone I2 clarity enhanced and although no one else could tell it was enhanded it worried me to death. Marquise stones are just to shallow for the process to look good. Mine looked really cloudy. SDL''s is FABULOUS!!!!! I think RB''s do better.

I too have learned to go higher clarity and lower color and flor. :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
SDL your rings are beautiful. I''m a sapphire and diamond fan
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL,,, your ring is still beautiful!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL I can totally relate to what you're saying.

Carly - I'm not sure whether you mean just white diamonds or not? If not .......

Here's mine. It was sold as colour enhanced (irradiated) which I was ok about as I couldn't afford a 1ct pink natural diamond at the time! When it arrived I louped it and saw what I thought were laser lines. I took it to a trusted appraiser and she confirmed I was correct. I spoke to the seller who, at first, denied it and then suddenly agreed and gave me a 25% refund.

Whilst I do still like it, it's not what I thought I was buying and so I find I don't wear it as often as I would.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovingdiamond-- ahh your ring is beautiful.. I"m starting to drool over pink colored diamonds now...

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Your set is beautiful SDL
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 3:17:14 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
SDL I can totally relate to what you''re saying.

Carly - I''m not sure whether you mean just white diamonds or not? If not .......

Here''s mine. It was sold as colour enhanced (irradiated) which I was ok about as I couldn''t afford a 1ct pink natural diamond at the time! When it arrived I louped it and saw what I thought were laser lines. I took it to a trusted appraiser and she confirmed I was correct. I spoke to the seller who, at first, denied it and then suddenly agreed and gave me a 25% refund.

Whilst I do still like it, it''s not what I thought I was buying and so I find I don''t wear it as often as I would.
Can you explain what that looks like LD? (carly, I hope you don''t mind!)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 4:46:18 PM
Author: Ellen

Carly - I''m not sure whether you mean just white diamonds or not? If not .......

Here''s mine. It was sold as colour enhanced (irradiated) which I was ok about as I couldn''t afford a 1ct pink natural diamond at the time! When it arrived I louped it and saw what I thought were laser lines. I took it to a trusted appraiser and she confirmed I was correct. I spoke to the seller who, at first, denied it and then suddenly agreed and gave me a 25% refund.

Whilst I do still like it, it''s not what I thought I was buying and so I find I don''t wear it as often as I would.

They look like long thin needles - very straight and in the case of my diamond there were 3 next to each other. They were too long and straight to be normal inclusions. Sometimes you can see a tiny hole (unless it''s been plugged) where the laser entered the diamond. With my diamond, the holes had been plugged so I couldn''t see the entry point.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carly,
Besides SDL, another poster (who''s left) has a clarity-enhanced diamond. Do try searching for her pics.

Loving Diamonds,
Based on your experience, is it fairly straightforward to ascertain that a diamond has been clarity-enhanced?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 5:43:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Carly,
Besides SDL, another poster (who''s left) has a clarity-enhanced diamond. Do try searching for her pics.

Loving Diamonds,
Based on your experience, is it fairly straightforward to ascertain that a diamond has been clarity-enhanced?
Honestly Harriet I don''t know. This is the only one that I own/have seen. I certainly picked out the laser lines with the loupe but when I took it to my local jeweller (who''s not great) he thought they were inclusions. I have a friend who''s an appraiser/valuer and has seen many many enhanced diamonds. She took one look and said I was right. I''m not sure whether it was easier to spot due as the diamond''s pink. Sorry I know that hasn''t really answered your question.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lady Diamond. If I buy anything without a cert, I''ll be sure to send it to an appraiser, if not a lab.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 5:21:03 PM

Carly - I'm not sure whether you mean just white diamonds or not? If not .......

Here's mine. It was sold as colour enhanced (irradiated) which I was ok about as I couldn't afford a 1ct pink natural diamond at the time! When it arrived I louped it and saw what I thought were laser lines. I took it to a trusted appraiser and she confirmed I was correct. I spoke to the seller who, at first, denied it and then suddenly agreed and gave me a 25% refund.

Whilst I do still like it, it's not what I thought I was buying and so I find I don't wear it as often as I would.
Can you explain what that looks like LD? (carly, I hope you don't mind!)

They look like long thin needles - very straight and in the case of my diamond there were 3 next to each other. They were too long and straight to be normal inclusions. Sometimes you can see a tiny hole (unless it's been plugged) where the laser entered the diamond. With my diamond, the holes had been plugged so I couldn't see the entry point.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if it would be possible to see the holes with the naked eye, if they hadn't been plugged (in pavilion)?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 7:49:41 AM

They look like long thin needles - very straight and in the case of my diamond there were 3 next to each other. They were too long and straight to be normal inclusions. Sometimes you can see a tiny hole (unless it''s been plugged) where the laser entered the diamond. With my diamond, the holes had been plugged so I couldn''t see the entry point.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if it would be possible to see the holes with the naked eye, if they hadn''t been plugged (in pavilion)?
If you had good eye sight I would think yes. They would probably look like pin pricks.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 9:03:31 AM
Date: 3/15/2009 7:49:41 AM

Can you explain what that looks like LD? (carly, I hope you don't mind!)

They look like long thin needles - very straight and in the case of my diamond there were 3 next to each other. They were too long and straight to be normal inclusions. Sometimes you can see a tiny hole (unless it's been plugged) where the laser entered the diamond. With my diamond, the holes had been plugged so I couldn't see the entry point.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if it would be possible to see the holes with the naked eye, if they hadn't been plugged (in pavilion)?

If you had good eye sight I would think yes. They would probably look like pin pricks.

With the naked eye, I could not see entry holes in class when we examined laser drilled diamonds, but I could with a loupe. Laser drilling can be confused with a natural inclusion called an "etch channel," but when you take a closer look, the drill line is too perfect and straight. What's tricky is the drill lines are sometimes near other inclusions which mask them, so they go unnoticed. The lines are also very fine.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD and coati, thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results