shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas trees!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love ALL the Christmas trees; I noticed everyone loves Red!!! I went to a party this weekend and the tree was all in white; my mom's is also in white! I guess us PS'ers love traditional more festive colors
20.gif
9.gif

Monnie, Milo is so cute!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And a close-up of our Bride and Groom ornament
12.gif

--- WOW is it hard to find non-tacky first christmas ornaments! This was as good as we could find.

newlywedorn.jpg

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
It makes me so happy to look at everyone''s trees!
36.gif

I''ve been looking forward to finally getting to post pictures of our first tree and now that I should be writing three final papers, I''m posting away.

We lived together last year, but we couldn''t have a tree because we waited too long to try and buy a tree stand. That was sad. This year, I picked up the tree stand early, and then the tough part was finding a tree! Nobody in Manhattan wanted to deliver a tree to Long Island City because everybody assumes it''s in Long Island. I can see the UN building from my window! We''re in Queens! Oh bother.

Anyway, my mom told me that L.L. Bean sold trees, and I couldn''t believe it. We decided to give them a try because they offered free shipping and a $10 gift card, and our tree is perfect! It''s exactly the right shape and it''s six feet tall...just the right size for a tiny NYC apartment. We''ve had it for a few weeks already and it''s keeping its needles really well. I''m so happy!

Enough rambling. If you look closely enough, you can see DF''s Nightmare Before Christmas ornaments. Cute!

darkeyestree1.jpeg

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Here it is in the light. Either way, you can''t see the little glass icicles all over it that I adore. I got DF a new digital camera for Christmas, and I wish I could give it to him now to take better pictures of the tree!

darkeyestree2.jpeg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We are filling up this tree thread! YAY! I''m getting some ideas for next year!!

Risingsun~ Great close-up pics. I like your springy stuff and LOVE your bling shot!!

Monnie~ SOOO pretty! I love EVERY one of your trees!! (BTW-getting a new Christopher Radko firetruck for my little boy.
2.gif
)

Elmorton~ Yay for your first real tree!! Very nice!

DERS~ That''s a beautiful creature you have there. I always love the color of real trees, they are just so vibrant.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We finally decorated our tree last night and we're so excited to have a Christmas tree this year. We've been together for four years but we spent the first two Christmases with our own families, and the third year was when we had just moved into our condo so we didn't bother. The poor tree, it must be dying quickly -- we've filled it up every day and it's just so thirsty. It's also losing needles like crazy and it has a "flat" look, if that makes sense. We're still glad to have it up though.

I think you can see our little Henry in the very bottom of the pic.

ETA: We don't have too many ornaments yet but I'm plannning on hitting the stores the day after Christmas so I'll definitely stock up.

first christmas tree 002.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my tree this year.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok, let''s try that again.....error last time.

Altree2007.jpg.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj -- you''re tree is gorgeous! It''s the perfect shape!

Here''s ours at night:

first christmas tree at night 002.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 2:27:41 PM
Author: aljdewey
Ok, let''s try that again.....error last time.
Ooh, I love the shape of your tree, it just looks perfect, like a nice fat pear diamond!!! I want a diamond that shape!!!
39.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AlJ....your tree is definitely a pear shaped gorgeous, twinkling work of art. Certainly it does remind one (ok, one meaning a PS'r) of a fabulous pear-shaped stone! Thanks for posting, and Merry Christmas!
36.gif
35.gif

PS...DERS your tree is lovely as well, especially after going through what you have to get it to LIC! Zoe, yours is also wonderful, love the pretty icicles.

I love this thread every year. Thanks everyone for sharing, and sorry for leaving out anyone, everyone's trees are fabulous! I really got into the spirit this year by reading this thread many times!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Zoe~ Your tree has a good start! I did the shopping for ornaments after Christmas for a few years before my tree was full (er, it''s still not full...) Still, very pretty tree you have!!

Alj~ It IS a perfect pear! I love the icicles, too.

I agree, Monnie, this really gets your spirits up for Christmas. I''ve been baking all morning and I have lots more to do. SO, I stopped in for a peak to relax a bit.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somethingshiny...thanks again for starting this thread...your trees/home/etc. are beautiful!

Anyone who''s feeling like their trees aren''t "decorated" or "full" enough...like S/S mentioned, do the post-holiday sales and pick up ornaments then. I''ve found a ton of wonderful ornaments for 50-75% off after the holidays, just like wrap or cards it''s a great thing to wait for!

Radko''s are harder to find on sale...but sometimes you can find his more obscure ones at discount stores like TJ''s or Stein Marts if you''re lucky...

Anyone else have any hints on how to find great deals on Christmas ornaments?

I know Hallmark stores usually have a little clearance section for each holiday, but I''ve noticed in recent years they wait until way after Christmas now to do really steep markdowns.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 12:19:02 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 12/16/2007 12:42:03 PM
Author: risingsun
Risingsun and Risingdaughter...
What a darling photo! I LOVE IT!!
Thanks, SDL, you''re a sweetheart
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better late than never! Here is ours this morning. (Those presents are now long gone!)

Everyone''s tree is so pretty. Looking at these photos I feel like I''ve been invited over to everyone''s house for egg nog!

Tree20070001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here it was last night.

Tree2007A0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you Michelle! It''s funny, when I went to take the pics the HH said, why not just use a photo from last year because our tree always looks EXACTLY the same LOL. Maybe next year I''m shock him with a tree topper!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee, your tree is gorgeous! Now...how do you keep those doggies away from it? Do you close off the Christmas tree room, or do they just not bother it? I wrapped "fake" presents to put under our tree for "looks" this year, because I knew silly Daisy would be chewing on them, and sure enough, she got the bows off two and chewed a whole corner off another. The rest of the gifts I kept in the coat closet and upstairs, I knew there was no keeping her from ruining the "real" packages! LOL!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, we leave it all out in the open and hope for the best. The Demon has been around for several years now so he''s used to the tree, but I was a little worried about Oscar since it was his first Christmas. When we first put the ornaments on Oscar would poke them with his nose, and when they would swing back at him he would jump about a mile and run away. I did put the HH''s gifts under the tree WAY ahead of time thinking Oscar would get used to the idea long before the boxes of presents from our families arrived. One evening I was in the kitchen and I heard RIIIIIIP! I bolted around the breakfast bar all ready to scream at Oscar and it was The Demon opening a gift. Apparently he remembers that he gets gifts to open (although we keep them way up high until Christmas morning) and he was starting a little early, LOL. I put an end to it, and he didn''t go for any more the whole time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way to be the pack leader, DeeJay!!! The Demon and Oscar have been taught well by you, it is impressive that there were only minor mishaps under the tree this year. I was just watching the Dog Whisperer yesterday and it is amazing how sometimes people let their dogs just run their entire lives...good thing none of us have that issue, LOL!
2.gif
Our Milo is finally old enough to know that what's under the tree is NOT for him and stays away, but Daisy is only a year old and is still testing us but is definitely figuring out this season that mom means business about the whole tree/what's under it thing.

This coming weekend I'll be visiting my parents down in southern IN and will take pics of all of my mother's trees and post them here. Obviously it will be a bit late in the game but I would still like to share them so don't be surprised next week if Monnie is still posting away on this thread! I hate to say goodbye to Christmas until at least halfway through January anyway...!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2007 3:15:27 AM
Author: monarch64
AlJ....your tree is definitely a pear shaped gorgeous, twinkling work of art. Certainly it does remind one (ok, one meaning a PS''r) of a fabulous pear-shaped stone! Thanks for posting, and Merry Christmas!
Awwwwww - thanks to so many of you who had such nice things to say about my tree!

Of course, you KNOW you just "fed the beast" that is ME at the holidays......on the quest for the absolutely PERFECT tree. Sometimes I drive myself INSANE with it. LOL

It was amazing to find a real tree so gorgeously shaped....wish they were all like this!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol ladies re the doggies and the tree. last 2 years portia has gotten into some stuff under the tree, it''s somewhat our fault as we let her ''open'' her gifts on xmas day so she LOVES opening boxes with wrapping paper!! well the year before last she did it multiple times but last year just did it to one thing and nothing else. but this year she didn''t touch one thing, thank goodness!!! and we had presents under there first week of dec. so we let her go nuts on xmas day and help us with most of our present ''opening'' as a reward hehee.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love looking at everyone's tree and decorations!

Here's our fakey tree. It's a 7.5 feet Blue Sherwood pre-lit tree with cones. We just bought the tree and ornaments a few days ago at the after-christmas sale.

IMG_5406..jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That didn''t work so I''m trying again...

snlee_tree_07.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results