shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your: Canadian custom bench-made pieces!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't find any threads showing off Canadian benches and custom pieces from jewelers north of the border, so ladies and gents of PS, please show me the Canadian-made bling!

I'm really hoping that we have some talent North of the Border that can rival all the American heavy hitters like DK, DBL, VC, CVB, EW, etc. I can point the SO in the correct direction for ... reasons ;)2. Bonus points for hand-forged benches!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh - great idea for a thread!

Anyone out there with anything? I'd love to see, too!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
@atelierdacko has incredible technical skill. Toronto, Ontario. I haven’t bought anything from him but I’ve only heard good things and he’s definitely on my list!!!

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Torontonian here! I had my engagement ring made by Jilian Maddin, a Parkdale-based designer at Made You Look. I'll be posting in SMTB this week and will crosslink here!

I'm also checking out some pieces at Attic Gold this evening - they're on my list of benches to buy from eventually. I also love Kelty Pelechytic's work out of Winnipeg.

I'll be eagerly watching this thread for other recos

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Torontonian here! I had my engagement ring made by Jilian Maddin, a Parkdale-based designer at Made You Look. I'll be posting in SMTB this week and will crosslink here!

I'm also checking out some pieces at Attic Gold this evening - they're on my list of benches to buy from eventually. I also love Kelty Pelechytic's work out of Winnipeg.

I'll be eagerly watching this thread for other recos
Oooo getting CVB vibes from Jilian Maddin!
Kelty Pelechytic's stuff is very boho. Reminds me of a lot of stuff I've seen from the various designers brought in to Twist (twistonline.com)

@diamondyes just checked our Dacko and his stuff looks beautiful!

Keep the names coming! Love this!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
John Akcan at Oakville Jewellery is great and he has an incredible bench. I’ve had many custom pieces made by him.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photos would be awesome, too, if anyone has anything or cares to link to sites.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This place is my favorite. Huge talent.

My sister goes to Costen Catbalue in Vancouver.

cheers--Sharon

chere

Shiny_Rock
Another Torontonian here!

I’ve used Chris at Platinum Unlimited for several repairs. His bench did a great job fixing my 5 stone platinum ring and retipping a vintage white gold ring.

Patrick at Atelier Dacko reset my LightBox lab studs. He’s exceptional at micropave and teaches a course at George Brown College.

Their websites don’t have a lot of photos but they will show you their work. Chris let me try on a beautiful MBR solitaire. It was massive. It looked like a candy ring pop on my finger. And a couple of weeks ago Patrick gave me a sneak peak of a 650g gold Cuban chain he was covering with DE color stones.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rprise-and-delight-size-5.270754/post-5082576

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...set-–-help-me-pick-stones.271622/post-5100386

I found Studio Metals on Etsy through @Cerulean. They are on my wishlist for gold hoops.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-i-see-your-plain-gold-hoops.271209/post-5077075

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone worked with a Canadian bench (preferably Toronto-based) that specializes in hand-forged work?

Atelier Dako says they can do it but I'm most excited by benches that lead with hand fabrication, and do a lot of work with old, fiddly stones. So far I'm only looking abroad (Nicky Burles, Gary Roe, Bell & Bird) but would rather work local.

chere

Shiny_Rock
@klrrrr Have you tried Chris at Platinum Unlimited? I’m sure Chris has a recommendation if his bench doesn’t do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results