shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your bezel pendants!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I have an itch... and I'm afraid the only thing that will take the itch away is a bezeled solitaire pendant. :nono: Lately there has been some very nice pieces here and it's only making this situation worse. :mrgreen:

But to relieve my itch for at least a moment: Please show me your bezel pendants!

And do tell the specs of your pendant, would you change anything, etc. I'm a pendant newbie (I've been pearls kinda girl this far) so any advice I'll take with gratitude. ;-)

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I love a bezel! Mine is a .52 D si2 in BGD barbara setting. it is in Rose gold with a 20 in chain. I have a fat neck lol
My bezel is milgrained and I love it. As you can see in the "family" picture I like rosé gold milgrained bezels.
If I had to do it over even though I love the way the thin chain makes it look like it is floating on my neck, I would get a thicker chain, perhaps a ball chain.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379205909.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379206052.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379206138.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Kalomeli I think a bezel pendant makes for an outstanding everyday wearable piece. I have also have a BGD Barbara milgrain pendant, mine is in yellow gold. I had BG recut my diamond and I don't remember the details but it's 1.1ish and H/I in color I'm guessing. It hangs on a 18 " bead chain.
Elisateach your bezel is beautiful and looks smashing on your neck!
Forgive my blurry pictures.

_9979.jpg

_9980.jpg

_9981.jpg

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
I adore all of your jewellery, so classy and elegant.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Elisateach: Your pendant is beautiful and it really has the floating on your neck -look. It's stunning on you and it has some reeeeeally pretty friends too! :love: :love:

SandyCheeks: That's exactly what I'm looking for! I have a sorta milestone b-day coming and I'm having my Bachelors and Masters degrees finished this winter and at first I thought that a DBTY might be what I'm looking for to reward myself but then decided that I want something more versatile. Something that will work with both jeans or cocktail dress. ;-)
Your collection is just beautiful - I love both the bezeled stones as well as different colors of gold so I'm pretty much drooling over my keyboard here. :lickout: And I love the bead chain of your pendant!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine. It's a 1.01 ct. H, SI1 set in 14K WG. I love it and wear it almost every day! I was trying to get an "arrows" shot on the last one, but it just ended up making it look yellow! UGH! ...you get the point. :lol:
img_1519.jpg pendant_neck.png pendant_1.png

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my mom's ering stone reset into a bezel pendant 19 years ago. The bezel is thicker than I would likely get today, if only because of the cost of gold, and it's in 14k yellow. I would probably go with white now, and am considering having it rhodium plated because I definitely lean toward the white metals now. The bezel is attached to the chain. I still love it, though. What I know about the stone is: 1.05ct I SI2

2010-5-4%20025.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
KaeKae said:
I had my mom's ering stone reset into a bezel pendant 19 years ago. The bezel is thicker than I would likely get today, if only because of the cost of gold, and it's in 14k yellow. I would probably go with white now, and am considering having it rhodium plated because I definitely lean toward the white metals now. The bezel is attached to the chain. I still love it, though. What I know about the stone is: 1.05ct I SI2

2010-5-4%20025.jpg

I really like the chain

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add me to the BGD Barbara collection! My 5.2mm OEC was set by BGD in plain 18K WG on a 17.75" chain. (hey, because its custom, I went for the odd measurement!! LOL!!)

img_1916.jpg

img_1919.jpg

img_1921.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine, it's a .72ct Lazare Kaplan G AGSO round, set in white gold bezel, with a thicker wheat chain.
Don't know if I'd do much different though honestly I did briefly list it for sale with the thought of getting something a bit more unique, but then changed my mind. lol. Mostly because I don't have an idea of what the "something more unique" would be!

file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ing-bezel-pendant-finally-got-it-done.172026/

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I haven't done a SMTB thread yet, but I'm also in the BGD Barbara club. Mine is rose gold with a milgrained bezel, on the standard short chain. The diamond came from my grandmother; it hasn't been weighed but is estimated at ~ 1 CT, 6.5mm, I-J, I1. I had been hoping for a recut with BGD but it was deemed it too risky.

I love the pendant so much that I am tempted to set my larger OEC in a platinum milgrained Barbara on an 18" chain.

img_1925.jpg

libramom

Shiny_Rock
I love everyones bezel pendants...kalomeli I too am interested in getting a bezel pendant made and have reached out to a few vendors for quotes, good luck on scratching that itch :wink2:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
msop04: The milgrained pendants are beautiful but I also like your pendants sleek look too and the wheat chain finishes the modern look! I was at first thinking of getting a milgrained piece but that look is stunning too. :Up_to_something: How am I going to be able to pull the trigger with so many beautiful options to choose from? :D

KaeKae: Your necklace is really a statement piece! I bet it would looks stunning with rhodium plating too! :)

Enerchi: You Barbara is a stunner too! That shot from the back reminds me... does Barbara flip (alot)?

MakingTheGrade: I understand why you didn't sell that. It's beautiful! And it looks sooo big on the neck-shot!

IE_Princess: How true to color do you feel that neck-shot of yours is? The color is so beautiful and it reminds me of my great-grandmothers engagement ring. :love:

libramom: I love everyones pendants too! :lol: Hope you too will get your sparkler soon! :)

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine! I had this made in Perth by a local jeweller. I said I wanted rose gold and an inside bezel of white gold with milgrain and he came up with this. The diamond was bought from Dreamer_D a while back in a ring and reset.. I think from memory is an approx ~5mm L/M OEC. Bezel is 18k rose and white gold on an 18k chain.

imag0146.jpg

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Venti25: That's such a fun and original design. :) The setting suits your OEC beautifully!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
re:flipping - I don't think mine does. I mean, it moves with me as I move, but I don't find that I'm often looking at the back end of it, if that's what you mean!

No, it lays pretty flat and face up, which is probably what those 3 'loops' are designed to do - keep it upright.

There sure are a lot of the BGD Barbara's on PS - I think that speaks to how well they are made and how well they hang! Good luck with however you decide to set yours!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
^Yes, they seem to be very popular here! :lol: And as you pointed out they are popular for a very good reason. :) I am a little worried about the pendant flipping as I've been pearls kinda girl this far and my very few pendants all have bail so I have no experience of pendants this style. Thanks for letting me know, Enerchi! :wavey:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Not in the Barbara club, but I do have a milgrained bezel pendant.

1.11ct K/L SI2 on a 14" chain. Bezel is a stock setting from GOG which was shaved down thinner and had milgrain added.
dsc02825.jpg
945666_1915738899784_1842117902_n.jpg
420771_1915738499774_81374979_n.jpg
943262_1915738699779_2033215588_n.jpg

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
kalomeli|1379328034|3521539 said:
IE_Princess: How true to color do you feel that neck-shot of yours is? The color is so beautiful and it reminds me of my great-grandmothers engagement ring. :love:

I think it's very true; I cropped the photo but didn't enhance it in anyway. It was taken in natural light in my bathroom, which has a skylight. I find the BGD rose gold to be more pink than coppery; it blends with my skin tone and enhances the floating diamond effect.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all these gorgeous diamond pendants! :love:
Pandabee I love the short length of your necklace. It really looks amazing on you.
IE-The rose gold looks gorgeous with your pendant. So lovely.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
pandabee: Your necklace is a stunner! :appl: :appl:

IE_Princess|1379375727|3521974 said:
kalomeli|1379328034|3521539 said:

I think it's very true; I cropped the photo but didn't enhance it in anyway. It was taken in natural light in my bathroom, which has a skylight. I find the BGD rose gold to be more pink than coppery; it blends with my skin tone and enhances the floating diamond effect.

Another pro for BGD Barbara! :naughty: That tone is pretty much the color Finnish gold used to be. My moms, grandmas and great-grandmothers rings and other older jewelry are all of that beautiful color and newer jewels seem to have yellower tone. L :love: VE that color!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks missy and kalomeli! For reference, the stone is 6.4mm across (I forget what the measurement is including the bezel). I absolutely love it and think it's the perfect size :)

Stalecupcake

Rough_Rock
Kalomeli I think a bezel pendant makes for an outstanding everyday wearable piece. I have also have a BGD Barbara milgrain pendant, mine is in yellow gold. I had BG recut my diamond and I don't remember the details but it's 1.1ish and H/I in color I'm guessing. It hangs on a 18 " bead chain.
Elisateach your bezel is beautiful and looks smashing on your neck!
Forgive my blurry pictures.

_9979.jpg

_9980.jpg

_9981.jpg
Sorry to dig up a thread from 2013 but I am SO in love with everyone's BGD Barbara milgrain setting! I have read here that some pendants end up flipping a lot - have you found this to be the case? I am looking to re-set my WF bezel into something dainty but I don't want it on a fixed chain; I like how this pendant moves and lies flat without a super thick bezel like WF.

Stalecupcake

Rough_Rock
Not in the Barbara club, but I do have a milgrained bezel pendant.

1.11ct K/L SI2 on a 14" chain. Bezel is a stock setting from GOG which was shaved down thinner and had milgrain added.
dsc02825.jpg
945666_1915738899784_1842117902_n.jpg
420771_1915738499774_81374979_n.jpg
943262_1915738699779_2033215588_n.jpg
Is yours fixed on the chain/soldered on or does it move along the necklace? It's gorgeous!!

Stalecupcake

Rough_Rock
I love a bezel! Mine is a .52 D si2 in BGD barbara setting. it is in Rose gold with a 20 in chain. I have a fat neck lol
My bezel is milgrained and I love it. As you can see in the "family" picture I like rosé gold milgrained bezels.
If I had to do it over even though I love the way the thin chain makes it look like it is floating on my neck, I would get a thicker chain, perhaps a ball chain.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379205909.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379206052.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1379206138.jpg
Lovely pendant! Do you find that the BGD Barbara setting causes the pendant to flip a lot? I have the WF version and its super thick but flat so it never flips but I am really disliking the super thick bezel :(

peonyinlove

Rough_Rock
Jewels by Grace made my bezel pendant - it's .48 carats, I/VS2 . my parents gifted it to me the day i was called to the bar and I haven't taken it off since! I wear it every day :)
img_20170225_094435-02_0.jpg img_20170225_094146-01.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results