shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your aquamarines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
I am interested in purchasing one soon and just want to see what you guys have.

If you have a stone of a similar color feel free to post as well

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my aqua briolette pendant that my fiance bought me for our first dating anniversary. I haven''t taken it off more than 5 days total in the last 3 years! He''s sad when I don''t wear it, lol, in fact, he has laid claim to the purchase of all my future pendants, haha, he''s kind of an odd one.

Anyways, it''s about 12mm long, and I get so many compliments on it. I love it! Although I''m getting a WF diamond pendant soon, so that I''ll have another option for pendant wear.
9.gif

aquabrio.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Thats an amazing stone, who cut that?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 6:14:29 PM
Author: Ryon

I haven't the faintest clue, lol. It was a gift from my fiance, who I'm guessing just bought it all ready put together from a jewelry store. He isn't much of a gem/jewelery buff, so I doubt he looked into custom cut stones. In fact, when he gave me this he said "I wasn't sure what to get you, but I know you like that one blue pendant that you have, so I went to a bunch of jewelery stores to find one that looked as close to that as I could find."

Haha, can anyone see the small flaw in this uber-male logic?

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 6:20:27 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 6/4/2009 6:14:29 PM
Author: Ryon

I haven''t the faintest clue, lol. It was a gift from my fiance, who I''m guessing just bought it all ready put together from a jewelry store. He isn''t much of a gem/jewelery buff, so I doubt he looked into custom cut stones. In fact, when he gave me this he said ''I wasn''t sure what to get you, but I know you like that one blue pendant that you have, so I went to a bunch of jewelery stores to find one that looked as close to that as I could find.''

Haha, can anyone see the small flaw in this uber-male logic?
Well it looks great, on my first jewelery store purchase they tricked me into thinking a pear but was a princess cut.(You can laugh ) I had no clue, now I know a ton thanks to the kind people on here.

So trust me, no guy has any idea what they are doing the first time they purchase jewelery for you, they just think the thought is what counts. However I am gonna do my best from now on (why I am here).

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine cut by Gary Braun, with some other Asscher-ey friends.

original.aspx

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The aqua was sourced by Wink at Winfield's and cut (concave) by Richard Homer. I posted this picture because you can really how the cutting enhances the stone. If you would like me to post a close-up, let me know.

Handshot.omie.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine on the far left. It''s fairly light, but DH bought it for me long before I started loitering on the CS thread. Nonetheless, it''s still one of my favorite rings.

cellsaqua.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my aqua asscher cut by Peter Torraca.

Lori

PETERAQUAASSCHER6.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Quick question..don''t mean to hijack the thread..but how do I post pics...I tried the same image uploader I use on 4 other rock and gem forums with no luck..I also tried to attach the file with no luck..what gives..please help
jason

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
amguy~ make sure the file is under 100 and that it has a unique name. My guess is it''s just not fitting or there is another pic with the same name already linked to PS under another member.

Here''s my aqua. 2.45 ct oval 10x8 with a depth of 8. No idea who cut it. It was a great find for me. I''d love to set it into a ring or a bezel pendant some day.

aqua3ss (2).jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
another pic

btw- black hairs do not belong to me!!

aqua4ss.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s amazing how many different colors aquamarine comes in. These are earrings I received as a random gift from my grandmother, I believe they were hers for awhile, though I don''t know anything about them. (Except they are very dirty in this photo, apologies-those are not scratches.)

aquaearrings213.jpg

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
All of these look really nice, thanks guys

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Aquamarine_Round-7.JPG

This is my round aqua cut by Barry from ACS. Here is the original thread if you want more pictures. It''s not set yet but I have a pretty clear idea on the setting now.
21.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 8:19:22 PM
Author: yingh
This is my round aqua cut by Barry from ACS. Here is the original thread if you want more pictures. It''s not set yet but I have a pretty clear idea on the setting now.
21.gif

Oooo, I remember that beauty!! What did you decide on?

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
That round is perfect, I love the color. I bet you will get a ton of compliments when it gets set.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 4.1 ct unheated aquamarine from Wildfishgems set in 18k yellow gold and 14k white gold. The designer is T Lee of Minneapolis. More about the pendant here.

aqua3136.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eight carat Nigerian aqua in a very ugly setting (ignore the setting).

TLNigerianAqua2.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 6:50:13 PM
Author: omieluv
The aqua was sourced by Wink at Winfield''s and cut (concave) by Richard Homer. I posted this picture because you can really how the cutting enhances the stone. If you would like me to post a close-up, let me know.
Post a close up, I like RH stones

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love aquas.
36.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Alright, maybe I am missing something..I have my picture at 20KB 400x400 jpeg..a name that no one else could have possible used. It loads but when I preview my post it shows the little box in the corner with an x in it. You guys have the most unuser friendly picture uploader..I post pics weekly on 6 or 7 other gem and mineral forums just like this one with no problems..what about the multiple pics too..you have to drag the pics..I was reading??? Maybe I am little slow tonight..any tips..LOL

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Ebay stone
Finewater asscher
ACStone

SSCN2989.JPG

SSCN2988.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MTG and Ryon! I plan to mount it with a simple basket with tapered baguettes - one on each side. Still looking for the fine details. The round is 10.3mm. - Thanks for allowing this little thread-jack
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:20:19 PM
Author: amethystguy
Alright, maybe I am missing something..I have my picture at 20KB 400x400 jpeg..a name that no one else could have possible used. It loads but when I preview my post it shows the little box in the corner with an x in it. You guys have the most unuser friendly picture uploader..I post pics weekly on 6 or 7 other gem and mineral forums just like this one with no problems..what about the multiple pics too..you have to drag the pics..I was reading??? Maybe I am little slow tonight..any tips..LOL
I hope this helps:
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/faq1/how-to-upload-reduce-pictures-for-posting-t41381.html

You used the attach file function? Only alpha-numeric characters with no blank spaces?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my aqua pendant. It was cut by Michael E.

cmsaquapendant06.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s my aqua ring.....

cmsaqua09.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this thread!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring Catmom!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
The color is not that great but what makes this greenish colored aqua special is I helped mine the crystal . It came from here in central Georgia. There are only a handful of cut aquamarines from the state of Georgia and this is one of them. This isn't from one of those pay-for-the bucket deals either, it comes from the only commercial aquamarine mine in GA and I hand dug it out with the owner. Like I said the color is not that good and sorry about the pic quality(still learning how to photograph cut stones) but it's very rare for the location. I had Dave Gronki cut it for me. He is the guest faceter for Rock and gem magazine( I think 3 times this year..he always has the signature cutting designs). I had a matching stone but set it and gave it to my Mom. Sorry about the pic quality I still can't seem to figure out how to photograph stones...rough, mineral specimens, landscape no problem but cut stones...ouch!!

jasohhhh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results