shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me I colored center stone with f/g side stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Can someone please show me their I colored center stone ring with f/g side stones? Does it make your center stone look dark?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a 3-stone, but I have an I color princess with F/G surprise diamonds set into the head of the ring. There are pics here, but only one of them (through a loupe) really shows what you''re looking for. Anyway, I don''t really perceive a difference between the colors, so it doesn''t bother me. Hope that helps a little!

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the pics! I would like a 2 mm band with 2-3 pointers with an I center stone. Most vendors use f/g in the bands and I''m concerned the difference in color will be noticeable.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think you''ll see a difference since the other stones are much smaller. I have an I center stone in a setting with small stones. Sorry I don''t know how to link but if you search "Stone Hunter cushion" you''ll find it''s photos.

The larger the stone the more the color is noticed, according to a wise diamond person.

Good Luck with your decision!

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Agree with the previous posters you will not notice the difference.

Here is a picture of a 0.74 J VVS2 Crafted By Infinity round brilliant diamond with small G VS diamonds all around the centre diamond and on the shoulders

Design diamond surround Italian.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine - J colored center with F-G side stones!
IMG_0017a.JPG

010a.JPG
017a.JPG

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I have an I-color center ER with I-color sides, and my WB is set with Fs. All is set in platinum. I can easily see the difference between the large center stone on the ER and the neighboring Fs on the WB. (Actually, I had wanted the band done in I-colored diamonds as well, but, there was a bit of a mix-up...). I do think, however, that it depends somewhat upon the individual stones. You might find something with more fluorescence and not notice at all. Settings could make a difference as well.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to mention in my earlier reply that color sensitivity definitely depends on the individual. I would go to a local jeweler and see if they can show you examples. Make sure you look at GIA/AGS graded center stones so you know you''re looking at a "true" I.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
My center stone is an I and my side stones are .04 each and they are all F/G and it doesn''t make my center stone dark/yellower at all. I can''t tell the diff whatsoever and I stare at my ring A LOT.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Rockit - how big are the stones in your wb?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have an E center stone and H sides...I can see a difference if I stick my eye up to my ring close up, but otherwise can see no difference from a normal perspective.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
That''s the opposite of what I usually hear - normally it is a lower colored center stone with higher colored side stones.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What about this 3-stone ring combo - H color center with F color side stones? Will the H look yellow with F on its sides? Please advise. Thanks!!
35.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 11:12:00 PM
Author:shelleydog
Can someone please show me their I colored center stone ring with f/g side stones? Does it make your center stone look dark?
Here's my 1.72 I VS2 Cushion with F/G melee. You can see a slight warmth in certain lighting only but the sparkle of the large stone is so different from the melee it's like comparing apples to oranges ya know? It definitely doesn't look dark at all. The small melee really makes the center stone pop IRL.

VGirlsCushion3221resized.JPG

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Will an H color center stone look yellowish because it has F color side stones? Or would it be okay to couple this color?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have f-g pave on my ring and my center is a J. I can''t tell the difference ever. Oh and...my J never looks "yellow"

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/8/2009 7:42:56 PM
Author: joelly
Will an H color center stone look yellowish because it has F color side stones? Or would it be okay to couple this color?
I don''t think an H color center stone would look yellow at all. It might appear warmer next to colorless stones (meaning look more antique white as opposed to icy white) but not yellow. I would ask 3-stone ring owners what they think :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results