shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me how you wear your pearl strands - neckshots get bonus points!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I have a 16-inch classic strand of white akoyas, and it doesn''t take too much imagination to figure out how to wear them (v-neck or open collar, put on pearls - done!) I would love to know how you all wear different lengths/colors, and whether or not you wear your strands with other chains or necklaces. I always thought that wearing a chain with pearls would scratch them, but I know a lady who loads up her neck with pearls and several chains (some have pendants, some don''t), and I have to say, it looks very fabulous and decadent. So bring it on and give me some ideas!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is my 16 inch set; I actually had them lengthened an inch. I love when I see multiple strands and regular round pearls with Keishi Pearls

IMGpear1168.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! That''s pretty much how I wear mine too, except that your strand looks bigger - are they 8mm? They''re beautiful!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any photos yet but I have a 16" diamond pendant that I always wear with my 18" pearl necklaces. I wear it with either my gray or white strands. My diamond is about .80 and my pearls are 7.5mm.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 6:32:41 PM
Author: jmtomaui
I don''t have any photos yet but I have a 16'' diamond pendant that I always wear with my 18'' pearl necklaces. I wear it with either my gray or white strands. My diamond is about .80 and my pearls are 7.5mm.
That sounds really pretty. I usually think of wearing chains longer than the pearls (probably because my strand is only 16"), but it would be lovely the other way around too.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I guess it''s only fair that I post a pic too. My pearls are small: 6.5mm, and they have warm tones, so I usually wear them with yellow gold. Here they are with my silk rope chain and citrine pendant. And maybe I''m weird, but I really like to wear this with casual stuff - cargos and a fitted v-neck or tank. Saving them only for dressy occasions seems too 1950-ish to me.

pearl NS.JPG

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/6/2009 10:25:24 AM
Author: cellentani
I guess it''s only fair that I post a pic too. My pearls are small: 6.5mm, and they have warm tones, so I usually wear them with yellow gold. Here they are with my silk rope chain and citrine pendant. And maybe I''m weird, but I really like to wear this with casual stuff - cargos and a fitted v-neck or tank. Saving them only for dressy occasions seems too 1950-ish to me.
This is a great look! I had not thought about using longer chains but I should have - it looks terrific! I''ll be going this way as well...

And I so agree about not saving pearls for only dressy occasions. What a waste! I wear mine with everything.

Julie

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a double strand of fairly inexpensive freshwaters that alternate between a light blush pink and white. It doesn''t sound that appealing, but it is absolutely gorgeous! From afar, you can''t really tell that the colors are alternating (its definitely not a candy-cane kind of look)...it just, seems like something different that you can''t put your finger on. I always get tons and tons of compliments on it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
After much resizing and trial and error, I may have just attached a photo. Actually, it seems that for every two white pearls there is one pink. (I had originally said that they were alternating)

ps multi.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 11:31:27 PM
Author: szh07
After much resizing and trial and error, I may have just attached a photo. Actually, it seems that for every two white pearls there is one pink. (I had originally said that they were alternating)
Wow, I really like those! They''re not "candy-cane" at all - the variation is just enough to give some subtle visual interest. I tried on some multi-color strands the other day, and I was surprised how flattering they were. Thanks for posting those - I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results