shape
carat
color
clarity

show me diamond center and sapphire side stone rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking of resetting my diamond to something less engagementy looking since I'm divorcing. I should add its not my engagement ring, it was an anniversary gift (but paid for with money I interited so I feel NO remorse or weirdness about wearing the stone itself, I just want something more suitable and less engagment looking for my right hand).

Its 1.63ct. I have beautiful sapphire studs and I'm thinking of making a 3 stone ring with the diamond and sapphire studs to wear as a right hand ring. I would love platinum but am going to do white gold for budget reasons. Maybe when platinum comes down I can reset.

Anyway, please show me your diamond center and sapphire side rings.

Or for that matter, any type of 3 stone ring with diamond center and colored stone sides. I'm looking for a very simple style.

And any suggestions on who to set it for a reasonable price? Its a really really good diamond so I want to be careful with it. I have not been wearing it so I'm looking forward to giving it a new home :)

edited to add, all stones in question are round.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oohhh, I love yours and have from the first time I saw you post it. Its actually what gave me the idea.

And off topic, I have to tell you (since you have posted your husband''s job) guess what my 6 year old is going to be for Halloween? A police officer. I got him the cutest little costume when he told me what he wanted to be. Our school safety community policy officer who helps with traffic in the morning is going to love it :)

Back on topic now...

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Well here is very poorly photoshopped picture of the setting, I don''t know if I saved the setting picture itself anywhere on here... BUT my boyfriend was originally going to use this setting which he got on ebay... I think it is beautiful, although I haven''t seen it in person my boyfriend thinks its beautiful
1.gif

Attachments

• ring1234556kb.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,583

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
and it won''t work. I will try again.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond and sapphires are perfect together. My e-ring has sapphires but not the look you are going for. If you aren''t 100% sure about using your studs I LOVE the idea of a blue sapphire halo. So elegant! Sorry to hear about your divorce.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
what a great way to turn lemons into lemonade! can''t wait to see pics; love the idea of sapphires with your stone. sending happy wishes to help you escape divorce court without battle scars!!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words. Things are pretty awful now but I have no doubt its the right thing to do for my kids and for me.

I am definately going to go with the studs and diamond. I don''t want to spend a whole lot right now. Just the setting. Just wanted to see some pretty diamond center stones with colored sides.

Tacori, I love your emerald cut ring. I really like the blue with the diamond. But your look is very different than what I would end up with

Gosh, I think I have been here too long when I know peoples rings based on their usernames :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your divorce but I was glad to see you say it''s for the best for you and your kids. Take care. Wishing you good luck with beginning your new life.

I think getting your diamond set with sapphires from your earrings sounds like a great idea. That will be nice you can wear it as a RHR.

I am kind of working on a similar project myself and went to the store where my diamond is from to have them order me in some sapphires for the side stones. I am going with a basic 3 stone mounting with a band about 2 to 3mm wide (the center stone is 1/2 ct. heart with side stones about .25 ct each) and they quoted me about $450 for the ring. Right now I wear the diamond with an enhancer but I just don''t like it anymore and the 2 rings come apart all the time and drive me crazy. Since your stones are larger your mounting would probably be more expensive but they said it would be pretty easy to find a ring to fit my stones.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My 10 year anniversary ring is in my avatar, my old laptop died so I don''t have picture right now to post other than my avatar, bu it''s a 1.3 center stone with 2 .50 sapphire sides in a trellis setting.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea! HOw big are your studs?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Here is a link to my studs. I don't know the exact weight. I measured and they are about 5.4 to 5.6 (I'm having trouble measuring) mm each. I have some (shhh) cz studs and they are in between the .5 and .75ct size. Closer to .75. I have huge earlobes so they shrink in my big ears. The photos don't do them justice. I should add tha the studs were a gift from the same person I interited the money to pay for the diamond with. So they kinda belong together :)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sapphire-studs.72995/

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 6:59:55 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
There''s always mine..

I know its an engagement ring.. but.. I could really easily wear it for a rhr..
This is the first time I''ve seen your ring, SDL! What are the specs? It''s VERY beautiful! Looks great on your hand.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love three stone rings with sapphire sides...such a pretty look!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sure you are making the right decision for you and your children! Your revamped "Independence Ring" will be beautiful!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 2:18:15 PM
Date: 10/11/2008 2:07:49 PM

Author: MC

Date: 10/10/2008 6:59:55 PM

There''s always mine..

I know its an engagement ring.. but.. I could really easily wear it for a rhr..
This is the first time I''ve seen your ring, SDL! What are the specs? It''s VERY beautiful! Looks great on your hand.

Really? lol I thought people were kinda sick of it, so I dont post about it very often. The center is 1.51 and the sides are 1.06 each.. :) I have two secrets diamonds sitting under the center stone on either side :)

It was my first time seeing it too, and I had to go back and look up your thread for more pics. It''s very pretty and the center stone looks ginormous on your hands SDL, you need to spend some more time whoring it out for the ladies!
28.gif

asscherisme your round sapphire studs are gorgeous! I think they would really set off your round centerstone. How lucky that you''ll have such a beautiful RHR to wear! This style is towards the top of my wish list, perhaps a couple dozen years down the line!

I''m sorry to hear that your marriage has to come an end but I admire your strong, forward thinking attitude. Good luck, I can''t wait to see how it turns out!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is an antique ring one that is decidedly different. Center is a 1ct cushion, and the sides are 1.80ctw sapps.

3 stone cushion sapp.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2008 11:59:55 PM

Date: 10/12/2008 7:13:43 AM
Author: somehowcollide

It was my first time seeing it too, and I had to go back and look up your thread for more pics. It''s very pretty and the center stone looks ginormous on your hands SDL, you need to spend some more time whoring it out for the ladies!
28.gif

asscherisme your round sapphire studs are gorgeous! I think they would really set off your round centerstone. How lucky that you''ll have such a beautiful RHR to wear! This style is towards the top of my wish list, perhaps a couple dozen years down the line!

I''m sorry to hear that your marriage has to come an end but I admire your strong, forward thinking attitude. Good luck, I can''t wait to see how it turns out!
You''re so funny. Its not as intricate as so many here, so I just didn''t think it was all so interesting. Thank you though :) Hugs. Some days my center stone seems like its so big and there are some days I think good Lord, is it shrinking? lol
Your ring has inspired me SDL.... I am about to start a new project. Watch this space!
9.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!!!
30.gif
I can''t resist a sapphire and diamond thread!!

DSCF4884.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

DSCF4888.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh that is gorgeous!!!!! Is it yours?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
SDL, I would never get tired of lookiing at your ring. I LOVE it!

Cushioncutnut, that''s lovely. I just love step cut rings and the sapphires are divine!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s as simple as it gets as far as a three-stone is concerned. Two .35ct ice blue sapphires and 1.01ct center stone in WG.

setsmall.jpg

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post, I decided that I needed to stop lurking so that I could say, San Diego Lady your ring is the most beautiful ring I have seen. I would love to have my solitaire changed to a 3 stone ring like yours with sapphire side stones for my 10th anniversary (unfortunately that is 6 years away tho) especially since we got married in September. I love how classy and sophisticated your ring looks! It is a look that will be in style forever.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2008 9:23:23 AM
Author: Maisie
Oooh that is gorgeous!!!!! Is it yours?

Yes it is... do you believe I was almost crazy enough to sell it??? I am so glad I didn''t .

Thanks everyone!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings everyone!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is mine, picture taken with a round after ring was made, I have set my asscher in it

myringsl.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here is an amazing diamond sapphire three stone ring done by Mark Morrell. It belongs to and old time Pricescoper Colored Gemstone Nut.

JR-017s.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all heavenly!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results