shape
carat
color
clarity

Should this cushion make a trip to TravelingGal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone:

So the diamond hunting has begun! Hopefully it''s near an end as well. I know you cushion lovers are out there, so would you mind giving your two cents on this stone? Another is in the running, but I don''t have more info outside the GIA report yet. I''ll be posting a full experience on vendors and experience when the deal is done.

Here''s the first...

GIA
Shape and Cutting Style - Cushion Brilliant
Measurements - 6.10x5.90x3.82
Weight - 1.03
Proportions
Depth - 64.7%
Table - 55%
Girdle - Medium to Thick, faceted
Culet - small
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity Grade - SI1
Color Grade - F
Flourescence - none

IS_GIA14456171.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarin

SARIN_GIA14446171.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Photo

di40x_GIA14456171.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the specs on stone #2 (a few hundred less than the stone above). both are at a ratio of 1.03

GIA
Shape and Cutting Style - Cushion Brilliant
Measurements - 5.90x5.76x3.90
Weight - 1.01
Proportions
Depth - 67.7%
Table - 53%
Girdle - (can''t read the copy) to Very Thick, faceted
Culet - medium
Finish
Polish - Excellent
Symmetry - Excellent
Clarity Grade - VS2
Color Grade - H
Flourescence - none

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks quite lovely...

As a fellow cushion lover, if you are drawn to the more square-ish shaped cushions, this one looks really nice. Have you seen it in person? What is yout gut reaction? What is on paper is one thing, but with fancy cuts like cushions, you have to trust your eyes.

My cushion is a 1.21 carat and has a little deeper depth than I like but she sparkles like mad and faces up very white, so for me, for now, she is it!

Good luck!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deanna, I have not seen it yet. I am deciding within the next 24 hours what to do here. I trust the vendor''s eyes, but I know it has to speak to me.

Nice picture of it though, I agree. The vendor has not looked at it through magnification yet, but says it eye clean. He will get back to me more with the inclusions tomorrow.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first looks so nice! Not sure if anything would be left to be desired from an alternative, really.

gracie007

Rough_Rock
I think it is sooo pretty!!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I truly wish you alot of luck with this...I have been through this and it is both fun and anxiety-causing!

I realized after I submitted my last post that the whole reason for your thread was to determine if you were to have this stone sent to you...sorry if I sounded like a ditz!
emcrook.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very true Deanna...it actually doesn''t seem real that it will every happen! It''s been fun though. (Oh, and I didn''t think you were a ditz!)
2.gif

Thanks for your input all. I know idealscopes aren''t really telltale on cushions, but I was a bit concerned there was so much white on this one (although it looks nice and symmetrical). Other cushions that pricescopers bought had better idealscope images. I still don''t know what to make of the sarin report, but I think I do like the look of the diamond.

I''m deciding today or Monday, so if anyone else wants to throw in their two cents, it would certainly be most welcome!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful!!
30.gif
I would have it sent in and take a look!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
great symmetry
i think it''s a winner
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all, I think I will be pulling the trigger!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks wonderful and I''m glad to hear that will will get to see more pics of it down the line!

How are you thinking of setting it?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 2:32:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks all, I think I will be pulling the trigger!
Oh, it is going to look great! I will be watching SMTR for handshots!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fatafelice, I love the pave halo stuff, but I have been reading a bit about it, and I think I want to go with a much more low maintenance setting. I am a GIANT klutz! How is your cushion hunt going? I have been reading your thread, as well as the one in LIW. I hope you are able to get your stone. I should probably go over and see if you added any more news...

The setting is a Jeff Cooper, which I think I''ve managed to attach. Simple, but I really like it.

travelinggalsetting.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would think twice about that high maintanace pretty in pave'' stuff too!
40.gif
the simple solitaire is just as stunning.
wf has a version very very similar to that. it might be easy to make it a one stop shop if you found something there that you liked.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful.

shay

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, WF has offered to do a custom that would be close. But I think if a person has a setting in mind (and loves it) then she is setting the custom ring maker up for failure. In my mind, I love all the lines of the Jeff Cooper ring, for whatever crazy reason. I don''t want to give WF a reason for me to be unhappy with them. I know they do lovely custom work, but they would not make a replica of this ring, nor should they. That would not be fair to WF and the designer of this ring.

I just love pave/halo settings, but I was reading AllyCat''s ordeal last night while doing research. Sounds awful! The last thing I need is a minor heart attack should I look down at the ring and find a little diamond missing. I''d rather just risk the one massive heart attack should I look down and the biggie is gone!
32.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 5:03:44 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Belle, WF has offered to do a custom that would be close. But I think if a person has a setting in mind (and loves it) then she is setting the custom ring maker up for failure. In my mind, I love all the lines of the Jeff Cooper ring, for whatever crazy reason. I don''t want to give WF a reason for me to be unhappy with them. I know they do lovely custom work, but they would not make a replica of this ring, nor should they. That would not be fair to WF and the designer of this ring.

I just love pave/halo settings, but I was reading AllyCat''s ordeal last night while doing research. Sounds awful! The last thing I need is a minor heart attack should I look down at the ring and find a little diamond missing. I''d rather just risk the one massive heart attack should I look down and the biggie is gone!
32.gif
i absolutely agree travelinggal. i would not try to replicate a setting that i adored. it''s too risky! i just didn''t know if you were aware of the x-prong setting that looks very similar. if the jeff cooper is exactly what you want, by all means, get it. i think that is the smart thing to do.
2.gif

can''t wait to see it!
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did see the x-prong that Vatche makes. I loved the photos and went to Robbins Brothers to check it out (I guess they''re good for something)
3.gif
I was SURE I wanted a trellis setting up until that point, but when I tried it on, the entire ring was too "rounded" for me. The Jeff Cooper setting is more angular somehow, and I loved the look of it. The differences are small, but I noticed them and the xprong fell out of the running at that point. That''s the reason I don''t want to risk having someone create a "similar" ring. The Vatche is very similar (Jeff Cooper also has a x-prong), so if I don''t like their rings, I don''t think that I would like anything else either.

I believe the word for this is: Fixated.
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results