shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I upgrade my sidestones?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC120F83-9266-464B-B9D1-F6F35E374C06.jpeg FE45FFE7-EA3A-4BF9-810D-6269C3AF0229.jpeg 51031B5F-A88E-4E06-912D-E379AE37799C.jpeg 5055F129-249B-439B-B258-D12609F72E44.jpeg 7A249706-5890-4CED-8B51-78694DC756D8.jpeg So I know I said I was happy with my 3 stone. But I can’t help but long for better cut diamond sidestones. Came across this pair. Am I going back with my idealscope. They are having a half price sale. So 1 carat tcw is 1200. Thoughts?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, I am not seeing a huge difference between your side stones and the studs. I would keep your ring as is, especially considering that you change your settings quite frequently.

Put the money toward something else, or save them. You seemed pretty happy that you didn’t have to purchase side stones to begin with, so I say leave it at that, but obviously your choice in the end.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Do you know the proportions of the stones? How do you know they are ideal? I'd say stepm1 is verify if they are better and step 2 decide if its worth the price.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the proportion of your current ring. I vote keep as is. It’s beautiful. :)

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t - doesn’t seem worth it

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BF20361A-3747-46F9-AA50-4DCE699D2833.jpeg 4EA8E74A-8C79-4E99-9824-302E8D5A7848.jpeg F38A78E8-DEE7-4523-AF1C-D618682768C5.png
Idealscope had an ideal reading. So now to figure out the math.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new sides appear whiter/brighter than the diamonds in your ring, so they don’t look like they’d match in that regard, but that may just be the picture or lighting.

IF they match, and IF they are better cut, and IF you were going to keep the setting, then I would say ‘go for it’. Any ‘no’ there, and I’d vote keep it as is.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they the same size as what you have or are they larger? Same color as the center stone? If this was your ultimate setting and they were good in size and color, then I might be inclined for you to go for it. However, you do like to change your setting often so it might not be worth it for the long term.

What are your thoughts?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, I am not seeing a huge difference between your side stones and the studs. I would keep your ring as is, especially considering that you change your settings quite frequently.

Put the money toward something else, or save them. You seemed pretty happy that you didn’t have to purchase side stones to begin with, so I say leave it at that, but obviously your choice in the end.
I was very happy. Lol. But in the back of my mind I was hoping to come across a good deal to make them happen. I figured that I could swap my stones on the earring mounts and sell them on eBay, Thereby recouping some of the costs.
My pics don’t show it but my current stones are very colorless. They might be F color. So the contrast is glaring. And Bc the cut is good at best, they don’t reflect a lot of light, they just sort of sit there. Lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the proportions of the stones? How do you know they are ideal? I'd say stepm1 is verify if they are better and step 2 decide if its worth the price.
I used my idealscope and wow! Just as my eyes suspected. They are ideal according to scope. Now on to comp them.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportion of your current ring. I vote keep as is. It’s beautiful. :)
Thank you. The proportions would not change. The new ones are only .1 mm bigger than my current ones.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t - doesn’t seem worth it
Do you think that I’ve drank the ps kook aid on cut to the point that in my head I actually do see this swap as a worthy endeavor? I ask in all honesty.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new sides appear whiter/brighter than the diamonds in your ring, so they don’t look like they’d match in that regard, but that may just be the picture or lighting.

IF they match, and IF they are better cut, and IF you were going to keep the setting, then I would say ‘go for it’. Any ‘no’ there, and I’d vote keep it as is.
They do match. I actually don’t sell many of my settings. I keep and rotate them as I get bored. So I would keep it. Also, the store has a lifetime trade up policy so I always have that as an option.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they the same size as what you have or are they larger? Same color as the center stone? If this was your ultimate setting and they were good in size and color, then I might be inclined for you to go for it. However, you do like to change your setting often so it might not be worth it for the long term.

What are your thoughts?

I guess I fell in love with them. Took a lot of will power not to buy them. Lol. I keep rationalizing that I can swap mine Into the stud setting and recoup a lot of the cost. That would be ideal. I’m trying to comp them out as we speak. Factoring the cost of the mounts, and it looks like a good deal.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
okay good! maybe compare the crown/pavillion angles of the two sets of stones, as well as the depth/table percentages? Are ASET scopes available? At the end of the day if you don't want to use that money for another coveted purchase then go or it, it is whatever makes you happy! You could maybe sell your current ones to make up a bit of the new purchase.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay good! maybe compare the crown/pavillion angles of the two sets of stones, as well as the depth/table percentages? Are ASET scopes available? At the end of the day if you don't want to use that money for another coveted purchase then go or it, it is whatever makes you happy! You could maybe sell your current ones to make up a bit of the new purchase.
Unfortunately the stones are uncertified so I don’t have those numbers. But yes. I would then unload my earrings.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0CDB2F84-7467-4AD3-B659-F85398E0FBF6.png Last picture. Here’s the kicker. My sidestones really do look like that in person.
Lol. It’s not the angle or the picture.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would and did do it. I had uncerted side stones and went with ACA upgrade. No regrets.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The current side stones would bug me too, so if you can comfortably afford it I would pull the trigger. Not like you can’t repurpose them in the future.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My two cents: You won’t have this look for long, so don’t bother. But if you think you’ll rotate back to it, or set a CS in the center for a RHR for you or your daughter, then it is worth it to swap out the stones. I just think that you love so many different “costumes” for your stone, that by the time you switch them out, you’ll be in to the next princess dress! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will continue to bug you, so I would swap them. Especially since you could reuse the setting with a CS or use the stones for 2 pendants or studs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results