shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I trade in?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about trading my setting in for this one...opinions appreciated.

img_20130509_170204.jpg

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
What does your current setting look like?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am Nala..for some reason I can't link to my previous thread on "is my melee too big?"

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I probably would if you can...this one just looks cleaner and makes the stone look bigger. I'm also partial to a square halo for a round.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is closeup
ronggg.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful and elegant setting Nala. I really like the way the halo provides fabulous finger coverage without overpowering the center stone.

It gets my vote! I say, YES to the trade!

What size stone is currently in the setting in the pic? Is the color of that stone comparable to the color of your current stone? If not, would you be comfortable with the difference in color between your stone and the melee in the new setting (provided there is even a difference)? I'm just playing devil's advocate here....just things you might have to factor in..... ;))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is a lesser quality in terms of cut, and size is 1.3 vs mine which is 1.43. Colorwise, mine might have more tint, but i could live with that. The jeweler is asking for my trade and $1000.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am probably going to be the odd one out here, but if you changed the band on your old ring to a more simple band either with just plain metal or a thin row of round pave set stones, it would look like a very nice elegant flower/cluster halo. I think with a different band the old ring actually might look better than this new one. Having said that if you love the new one more then go for it, you are the person that will be wearing it!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1368162433|3443895 said:
The stone is a lesser quality in terms of cut, and size is 1.3 vs mine which is 1.43. Colorwise, mine might have more tint, but i could live with that. The jeweler is asking for my trade and $1000.

What do you mean here? Do you mean the ring is pre-made with a center stone and you'd have to change diamonds, too? I am not sure at all about this idea if they are selling the setting with center stones already set. And under no circumstances would I go for less than GIA Excellent cut on any diamond.

The only way I would consider trading is if you buy another loose stone that will fit that setting and they order the setting in your ring size.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like that setting much better but do you really want to trade your diamond and pay more money as well?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of the second one (this ring posted on this thread) as opposed to your original thread. This one looks more refined and delicate and suits your hand. but... not so sure about changing the diamond ... can they swap the diamonds?? Would your existing one fit in this setting?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1368187196|3443996 said:
I love the look of the second one (this ring posted on this thread) as opposed to your original thread. This one looks more refined and delicate and suits your hand. but... not so sure about changing the diamond ... can they swap the diamonds?? Would your existing one fit in this setting?

+1

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1368187485|3443998 said:

+1

it does look a lot more elegant on your hand. I know I'm the girl that always shows the ritani :lol: but Im not sure about changing the diamond either. Could you just reset it? If you couldn't just reset it in that setting, here's some similar ones.

http://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/french-set-halo-diamond--v--band-engagement-ring-with-surprise-diamonds-in-18kt-white-gold/4568

http://www.ritani.com/engagement-rings/cushion-halo-diamond--v--band-engagement-ring-in-18kt-white-gold/6291

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If possible, I would reset the diamond in the new setting. I would not compromise on the stone just to get a nicer setting as it would eventually bug me to no end.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368187485|3443998 said:

+1

+2

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1368188907|3444010 said:
If possible, I would reset the diamond in the new setting. I would not compromise on the stone just to get a nicer setting as it would eventually bug me to no end.

+1

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
I would keep my diamond. The reason I mentioned the other diamond is because someone asked me if my stone would work and how it compares to the one in the setting for overall effect. The jeweler assured me that my stone would work in the setting.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,
I would keep my diamond. The reason I mentioned the other diamond is because someone asked me if my stone would work and how it compares to the one in the setting for overall effect. The jeweler assured me that my stone would work in the setting.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh if they can use your stone I say do it :D

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'e asking again, so it's apparent YOU are not happy with your current ring. I, on the other hand (literally) prefer your current ring to the one pictured but that's just me. In your previous thread people were split on the size of the melee. I really think this decision is in the eye of the beholder - you!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Keep your diamond and get new setting, it's very pretty!! Will you be wearing a band too?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results