shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I throw more money at it ?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not happy with my latest bracelet conversion. I put it on only to take it off because I’m irritated to look at it.
I feel the Moissanite centre is set too high and I shouldn’t have “skimped” on the quality of the Moissanite. It’s too yellowish. Also the air gap is enough for crud to get it underneath the stone but nigh impossible to get out, so the Moissanite looks cloudy really fast. Also the gold insert is yellow gold plated rhodium and my constant cleaning has made it look more yellowish.
Ugh.
To start off, my mother paid thousands for this watch which wasn’t as it was thought to be. The bracelet is CZ set. We didn’t find this out for, oh, 10 years after Mum bought it. A few years ago when I was considering selling it, I dropped the watch movement and then had to spend $200 on a repair.
Add on that I then spent another $800 or so on the conversion but now I feel I won’t wear / enjoy the bracelet until it looks how I want it to look.
I already have 2 similar watch conversions AND the BIG one is still to come. I will inherit my mother diamond watch, the one she bought after finding out this one wasn’t all diamonds. I will also inherit a 2 carat odd diamond. The plan is to put that diamond into the diamond watch and have one very serious watch to bracelet conversion. So do I even need this “Frankie” one?
So I’m thinking should get the existing moissy reset lower and the whole thing re rhodium plated, for another $500 or so?
Should I get a lab sapphire or lab ruby or better Moissanite instead and replace / remake the setting, for another $800 / $1,000 or so?
Or should I just put it in the “oh dear” pile and banish it from my sight, seeing as eventually I’ll have the diamond watch bracelet conversion to die for and buy another nice bracelet with my $$$?
Ugh.
Maybe I’m crazy, but a part of me wonders if this piece is trying to tell me it just doesn’t want to be with me.
DE2DB61E-AB67-41D2-897B-C703C3F002A3.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't throw more money at something that I'm fundamentally unhappy with, and have negative feelings about.

You have such gorgeous pieces @Bron357 that I'd put this one to bed, and enjoy the other lovely things you have.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm
i think a lab saphire would look wonderful and give you a different look to something that will eventulate in the future

Or any coloured stone
I think it would be sad to come this far with it and give up

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm going to agree. It's a lovely setting and coloured stone would make it altogether more striking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results