shape
carat
color
clarity

Should i make the head of this ring rose gold?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been debating in my head if I should make the head of my ring in rose gold for my pinkish brown diamond to bring out the pink in it?, or will it be to much pink, and the diamond will blend in to much? What are your opinions? I will be keeping the shank white gold though. should I stick to the white gold head with just rose gold prongs?

__12_5.jpg
diamond7_0.jpg
rosediamond5.jpg
rosediamond_-_edited.jpg
rosediamond3.jpg

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would just do the prongs in rose gold otherwise it might look like a another gold ring with another CS stone, I feel that white metals emulate platinum making it look expensive if you know what I mean- but this is my opinion, in the end it's not about how it looks to others, you must like it.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was asking more about bringing the pink more in my diamond out thann it looking more expensive,but i appriciate your opinioj :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask them too, yes.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe TL will see your post & can offer some pics of the ring she referred to in this comment in your earlier thread:
TL|1438408957|3909684 said:
I have a diamond that same color, and it did nothing for me in pure white metal, but literally popped in a rose gold head, with a white metal ring. Just food for thought, but if you already set it and love it, enjoy! I had to reset mine.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
It might be helpful if posters who have a lot of experience with having their stones set and picking metal colors would make a post. I was thinking that maybe we could have a list of metal colors and the colors that seems to work the best with each metal color. Just a thought!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
userangl28212003|1438591189|3910405 said:
should I stick to the white gold head with just rose gold prongs?

I think so. Rose gold prongs would cost less than a completely rose gold head and they would provide just a touch of color that would complement your stone rather than overwhelm it's color. Make sure to make the prongs themselves rather heavy since rose gold is softer than white gold. You can always make the prong tips fairly narrow so as not to cover too much of the diamond, but the bottom of the prongs should be larger than normal for strength.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1438618103|3910496 said:
Maybe TL will see your post & can offer some pics of the ring she referred to in this comment in your earlier thread:
TL|1438408957|3909684 said:
I have a diamond that same color, and it did nothing for me in pure white metal, but literally popped in a rose gold head, with a white metal ring. Just food for thought, but if you already set it and love it, enjoy! I had to reset mine.

Here's one so far, I know there are more floating around.

TLpinkchampagnetwotone.JPG

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think im gonna go with the whole head in rose gold, its actually the same price as the prongs. since its filigree it breaks it up my showing my skin in between and the diamond accents will break up the color a little. Plus i dont have a rose gold ring yet. I hope I made the right choice :)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I think going with a rose gold head will be beautiful. The stone will flow in the setting instead of being "defined" by the white prongs.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say yet to the rose gold head, based on my FY ring. I'll try to post pictures. The prongs and the metal surrounding the stone are yellow and I do think this does help make the yellow stone stand out (plus, I really can't see the prongs, as they truly blend right into the stone, in person.)

20150521_2.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433295730693.jpg jewelry-48771-ring-18k_gold-gold_white_yellow4.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
userangl28212003|1438632974|3910589 said:
I think im gonna go with the whole head in rose gold, its actually the same price as the prongs. since its filigree it breaks it up my showing my skin in between and the diamond accents will break up the color a little. Plus i dont have a rose gold ring yet. I hope I made the right choice :)

Great choice! I think it will be beautiful! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
userangl28212003|1438632974|3910589 said:

Although I would have voted white metal with RG prongs, I think this will also be a good choice! Looking forward to see it.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys. i already have a champagne diamonds in a white gold setting so I want something different. i think rose gold will look nice with the filigree. I saw in a blog a pinkish brown diamond placed it in a big rose gold setting, even though it slightly blended, it looked awesome. I think having the white shank with provide a good contrast to. They started making the design yesterday so I am really excited :).

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great to have this variety in your collection. It will be an amazing ring. Happy waiting :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results