shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I keep looking?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikie

Rough_Rock

This ring really catches my eye, but it''s already a little out of my pricerange, and the diamond is smaller than I was hoping for. You can find it www.jewelryexpert.com. I know I can save up for it, but I''m wondering if I can do better by trying to create my own ring with another jeweler. I like the pink diamonds a lot, and suspect that they play a big part into the price. Would I be able to find small pink diamonds similar to that on my own?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Name: Royal Asscher Tingle!

Cost: $5,250

Measurements:
This ring is hand-crafted in platinum. The Royal Asscher-cut diamond weighs 0.42 carats and measures 4.40 by 4.41 millimeters. The diamond is F color and VS1 clarity. The six Fancy Vivid pink diamonds weigh a total of 0.06 carats. The ring is finger size 6, but can be resized to fit most fingers.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

I suspect that you are paying for a couple of premiums in that ring. The first being the pink diamonds and the second being the Royal Assher branded diamond. If you don't care about a designer original then I have a couple of suggestions for you. The first would be to email that picture to one of the vendors here who can do custom design for you. If you can use a non-branded assher then I think that you could get a ring pretty close to the picture. The second suggestion would be to use pink sapphires instead of diamonds in your custom piece. They are only .01 apiece. I would give Whiteflash a call. If it's the pink diamonds that you have your heart set on then they could probably get a price for you on them.

It's a beautiful ring, good luck!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Or contact them to see how much it would cost to modify the design with pink sapphires. From what I know of them they seem to be knowledgable and helpful, so I''d hate to take their design elsewhere without first talking to them.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I recommend www.diamondsbylauren.com David has some really beautiful asscher cuts, and pink stones if I am not mistaken.
21.gif

mikie

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for your advice.

I still really love that ring, but I think need to ecucate myself more on the basics.

The ring seemed pricy for the size of the stone, but I know that work and vision also play into the cost of things.

I need some time to save more money, so I can use that time to do more research, and was just trying to find out if their price is in the right ballpark.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, the ring price is reasonable. As pearcrazy said, it''s more expensive for two reasons:

1. The center diamond is a branded Royal Assher. You can get it cheaper by getting a non-branded assher center diamond.

2. Side pink diamonds. These are rather expensive. Pink sapphires are a very good alternative and the price is very reasonable too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just a thought: there many other "tingle" rings on jewelryexpert. Most have nice, small colored stones and white diamonds and cost well below 3k. Only one other has pink melee and still barely gets above 3k. (THIS)

Conclusion? The Royal Asccher did the price, small as it is. You may want to ask if they can make this type of ring with your center stone - it can''t hurt...

This kind of math puts the cost of the settig somewhere around $2000, IMO - not little, but not huge either for handmade designer work. If better can be done elsewhere, it''s worth knowing what these guys can do given the guarantee of rings already done and on display.

How bad can it be ?

2.gif

GenericSqEm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results