shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I increase the insurance on my diamond?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So I was just looking around online at diamonds similar to mine, and it looks like the price haa almost doubled? I bought my 1.5 carat a few years ago at around $8700. Now similar ones cost $12,000 to 15,000?? Is this for real, and if so, should I raise my insurance amount?

Totally. In fact, most insurance companies recommend insurers to get updated appraisals on a regular basis. Or at least review your policy at before every renewal to see if you want to change the amount of coverage.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Totally. In fact, most insurance companies recommend insurers to get updated appraisals on a regular basis. Or at least review your policy at before every renewal to see if you want to change the amount of coverage.

I spent $700 on new appraisals right before the pandemic, ugh. My ring appraised for $14,000 but that was retail replacement and included the setting.
Good news is i have USAA and its pretty easy to change the value online.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent $700 on new appraisals right before the pandemic, ugh. My ring appraised for $14,000 but that was retail replacement and included the setting.
Good news is i have USAA and its pretty easy to change the value online.

Did you insure for $14k? If so, I wouldn't worry about changing it since that is close to the actual current value. Prices probably go back down some over time.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
No, I'm pretty sure that I have it insured for $12k. I will raise it to the $14k.
Did you insure for $14k? If so, I wouldn't worry about changing it since that is close to the actual current value. Prices probably go back down some over time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results