Shall I buy this baroque GSS necklace?

• Yes, get it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Offered by an oversea vendor with a short return window. Return is pretty much out of question. Vendor is trustworthy.

The necklace is priced at $1400. Colors are natural. Pearls are 10.1 - 12.6mm

I like the color and the clean pearl surface. But I am not so sure about the pearl shapes - which is why the price is so reasonable.

What do you think? Thanks for your vote!

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
If the pearls aren't dyed I think the price is reasonable. But do you like the shapes?

If you are so-so on the shapes I think you'd be better off putting the money towards a strand you would love.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Loving the colour but I'm not too keen on the shape. It feels like it's squashed looking and that bothers me. I'm ok with circled or drop and most baroque but the flatten kind not my preference.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Like the color, not the shape. I looks like they collected these for quite a while to get that many which match in shape ,color and graduate.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't care for the shape either, not quite drop or round. I've been looking at WSSPs and the shape has been the hardest part of my decision.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I agree with you all that the shape is odd, I'll pass.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Life's too short to wear bad pearls. You'll never be happy and will end up replacing them. Money saved.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the flat shapes. At a minimum you'd need to pull out the left of center pearl. Also, you quickly forget the extra money spent for a loved strand, but you'll regret at leisure a strand that was a good price but that you don't love.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of the pearls were strung with the wider end of the pearl uppermost, which seems odd to me. I would want to restring them so that the narrower end was pointing up; I think that would really improve the overall appearance.
That said, don't buy what you don't love.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good decision to pass. :)

cheers--Sharon

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd pass too, though that's a lovely golden shade. GSS pearls are not really in short supply, so plenty of time to save up for a better strand to make it count, imho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results