shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this starter tennis bracelet?

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
I've been trying to buy an entry-level tennis bracelet since the beginning of 2020. I missed out on a fabulous Birks bracelet for about $1,300 CAD on Ebay and haven't found anything comparable since. I'd be willing to pay up to $2k CAD for the right piece. Right piece = ~2.0+ TCW, I+ colour, low metal presence, very good+ cut.

However, I stumbled upon this piece today; it's lower TCW than I had wanted, and super heavy on the metal front. That said, the bezels create "presence" and ensure that it won't flip, and the diamond quality looks decent. I've asked the seller for evidence of the diamonds being of "excellent" cut. Based on pics alone, it's hard to tell. Part of me also wonders if I should wait a few years until I can bump up my budget to $3-4k and get something with more actual presence.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/EUC-14K-Whi...9a3602f:g:fqwAAOSwaYZcyLwN&LH_ItemCondition=4

P.s. another bling find on Ebay that I love: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ANTIQUE-CUS...561484?hash=item2643c2418c:g:Z9IAAOSw3~he6IQY

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
All I have to add is that I would not buy it unless it's what you really want. Otherwise, if you are tired of waiting, you could get a CZ and sterling silver tennis bracelet in the size and style you prefer while saving up for the real deal.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
You are all absolutely right. I'm going to keep looking and not discount the possibility of buying new! I found a jeweler in BC that seems very well-priced. The hunt continues!

If any PSer has something that fits the bill, let me know :)

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
So excited to share that I bought my dream bracelet! It’s waaayyyyy too big (currently 7.5”) so I have to get 1.5” of links removed before I really wear it. Glad I passed on the bezel!!

6383A3F3-E1EA-43C1-B4B8-7D0E527C5661.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It looks beautiful!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I bet you're glad you passed on the bezel bracelet!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DO not settle. Best piece of advice I can share with you. When one settles one (usually) always regret it.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 5.02.24 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results