shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shepb

Rough_Rock
I''m looking to you all for your honest and expert advice. I''m looking to buy myself a new diamond ring that will truly sparkle. I don''t have a lot of money to spend and I came across this round brilliant that comes with an EGL certification. The information is as follows:
weight 0.94 ct
depth 59.7%
table 61%
crown 11.5%
pavilion 44.2%
girdle thin to thick
culet none
polish/symmetry good/good
clarity SI2
color G
flour medium blue.

The price is $2,200 and comes with a simple 4 prong yellow gold setting. I might be able to get it for a little less. The HCA gave it a 3-Very Good for total visual performance and says to buy it if the price is right. Do you think that this ring will truly sparkle just like I want? Thanks for your help.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably not that good. EGL is not well regarded in trade and thus discounted, they can be off be 2 grades in color and clarity grade if the stone is graded by GIA/AGS and are priced as such or the vendor would have send it to GIA/AGS and get a better return.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the first one that tyty posted.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2010 1:45:57 PM
Author:shepb
I''m looking to you all for your honest and expert advice. I''m looking to buy myself a new diamond ring that will truly sparkle. I don''t have a lot of money to spend and I came across this round brilliant that comes with an EGL certification. The information is as follows:
weight 0.94 ct
depth 59.7%
table 61%
crown 11.5%
pavilion 44.2%
girdle thin to thick
culet none
polish/symmetry good/good
clarity SI2
color G
flour medium blue.

The price is $2,200 and comes with a simple 4 prong yellow gold setting. I might be able to get it for a little less. The HCA gave it a 3-Very Good for total visual performance and says to buy it if the price is right. Do you think that this ring will truly sparkle just like I want? Thanks for your help.
Hi shepb and welcome to Pricescope!

The diamond you are considering isn''t well cut, you can do better if you want great sparkle and beauty. EGL can be less accurate on grading in some circumstances, this link explains how the grading labs rank.

Do you prefer to buy from a brick and mortar store or online? If online, if you give us your budget for the stone we might be able to suggest some diamonds you might like, if you prefer to buy from a store we can still help you but we have to take a different approach as we will have to work without images.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results