shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this Emerald?

jlt23

Rough_Rock
Have been searching for a great Emerald. Mark at ERD has found these emerald stones for me and says they are spectacular.

Would love to here any opinions on these as I am getting ready to make this purchase.

Again thanks to all for all the help and teachings, specially Gypsy..

_521.jpg

getattachment.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Normally, with a Pic of that quality I would say... get more pics. I still think more pics might make you feel better but ... here's my opinion. In the 8 years I've been on these boards I haven't seen Mark call a stone spectacular or amazing or fabulous without it actually being so. He has one of the best eyes for fancies among all our vendors. And I know he wants his customer's happy and that he doesn't lie about the quality of his goods. SO FOR ME, Mark saying it's spectacular has a ton of weight.

THAT SAID, Those sidestones are a lovely match for each other. But if you plan to set them flanking the center stone I'd make sure they were very angled away from the center. Like 30 degree angle away. Because while they are a great match to each other, they need to be angled away so that they work with the center better.

Do you know that she wants three emerald cuts in a ring like that?

jlt23

Rough_Rock
Yes Gypsy, she wants a ring with a center emerald and emerald on each size.

Thanks for the tip Gypsy, I will keep that in mind and ask Mark about the angle at which the side stones will be mounted.
When you talk about the angle, I assume you are referring to the side stones not sitting parallel with center like the pic above??????

After reading many good things about Mark I feel like my search is over. I trust his expertise and this is what he said about the center stone in an e-mail:
I reviewed the market for the best emerald I could find and this one exceeds all the others in terms of brilliance and beauty. As we discussed the other day the ASET on emeralds can be misleading as the dark ones appear to be ok and the well cut similar to this one appear to be dark thru the center. This is one of these diamonds and frankly I felt lucky to find one as they are very rare.

Now I just need to figure how and when to propose. :D

_545.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly what I am referring to. If Mark is doing and in house setting he can design it however you want.

Here are a couple pics of settings that tilt those sidestones the way I mean. Incidentally the second picture is one I would show to Mark for the setting because it's a very comfortable one to wear, in terms of design.

emerald_cut__ring_tilt.jpg

emerald_cut_ring_tilt_profile.jpg

emerald_cut_ring_tilt_2.jpg

jlt23

Rough_Rock
Wow those rings look stunning. I hope mine will look like that
Mark is designing
I will pass along these pics to Mark

Thanks for the pics Gypsy.

Will post pics of my ring as soon as I get it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1345162507|3252733 said:
You can tell him this, if you want my advice:

THIS setting: http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/paige-classic-3-stone-double-prong-engagement-ring-bpid-305-16.html BUT make the sidestones EC's and angle them away from the center 20-30 degrees. BUT keep that basket (gallery) design on all three baskets. And do a comfort fit shank on it, and not too thick 2.5mm or so. Claw prongs on all the stones: Double claws on the center and singles on the sides.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!

Delicious!! :lickout: That's all I've got! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
As an EC lover, I can't wait to see this ring! Please post pics when it is done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results