shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I be worried about this?

TOLKIEN

Rough_Rock
I think I've found the perfect stone, but there is an aspect which is worrying me. Since this is such a big purchase, have to make sure everything is perfect!! What is your opinion on the stone as a whole? Upon viewing the actual images of the diamond, there is a cloud which seems to be very visible and very inconveniently placed at almost the center of the stone. Should I be worried about this?

GIA # 5176232850

test_0.jpg

test_2.gif

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
A small cloud and VS2 should be fine. However, it's no harm to ask the vendor.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, i'm a newb too, but I might be able to help. If I read your report right, it's a VS2 and that picture is hugely magnified so my guess is that it's probably ok. Can you ask the vendor to view the stone and discuss the clarity issue with you? Is it labeled eye clean by the vendor? If it's a drop shipper, they may not be able to. Even if it's not eye clean at all angles and hawk eye at 2 inches away, at 2.3 cts. and the main inclusion being a small cloud, again I think you should be okay. I'd live with it and be ecstatic !

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good, but you do need a visual inspection to know if it is eyeclean up close, and I would also want an idealscope image to check for leakage. It does have a greater depth than we usually recommend, because it will face up a little smaller than other excellent cut stones of that same weight. We usually recommend depths of 60.0-62.3. But you may decide that the price is right for your budget.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should you be worried about it?
No.

If it bugs you, don't buy the stone.
If it doesn't bug you, buy the stone.

Either way, no worry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results