shape
carat
color
clarity

Shorts too short...should I tell her??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a young woman in line at my fave restaurant and she's got great legs but her shorts are just way too short. I mean seeing the bottom curve of her bare butt short. She is there with her boyfriend (I think). She doesn't look extra made up or trying to flaunt anything. Maybe she just doesn't know. Should I tell her? I would want someone to tell me...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not sure it would make any difference......
I was at a bowling alley recently and a young woman was dressed similarly and equally revealed: she was with her dad.
sigh.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
No, she can feel them and she has a mirror. Shorts being too short is just an opinion.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, wouldn't tell her. That's what her friends are for. I would worry about you putting yourself in an awkward - if not tense - situation by saying something.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup I am sure you guys are all right. Makes sense. I just feel badly cause people will go OMG. But you're right. A matter of opinion and maybe she wants it that way. Moving on...

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nope. I don't think she would care. She knew exactly how short they were when she put them on. Same thing with girls who wear shirts that their boobs are all but falling out. They dressed with a purpose imo. A sad purpose but one nonetheless. Sometimes when I see young girls do this I would really like to say 'girl, you are so much more than that', but I never do.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
No, she is not a friend and did not solicit your advice. She may even take offense that you were looking at that part of her body. People react differently. It could lead to a nasty altercation.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I am surprised by seeing more than I care to, I think to myself "yes, but what if it was a bathing suit - would it bother me then?" and that's the little mantra I keep in my head while I close my eyes and click my heels together...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. She knows exactly how short they are. And if she doesn't - which would be unlikely - her boyfriend knows. And I'm sure likes it that way...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1401568352|3683943 said:
No. She knows exactly how short they are. And if she doesn't - which would be unlikely - her boyfriend knows. And I'm sure likes it that way...

Exactly! One person's too short is another person's just right!

Saoirse2

Shiny_Rock
Some ladies do like the attention others do it for style. She knew what she was wearing, I would leave it alone :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ah, the good old days. :bigsmile:

In regards to our clothing choices, I recall my Dad saying "yanno, I bet if you paid 5 more bucks, you could have gotten the other half" .

cheers--Sharon

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
makemepretty|1401565605|3683908 said:
No, she can feel them and she has a mirror. Shorts being too short is just an opinion.
I dunno... when your 26-year-old son comments, upon seeing an attractive teen girl sashay, with her parents, past us at a neighborhood restaurant at brunch last week, "they let her out of the house in those, jeezus, what are they thinking?", I'd say those shorts are too short.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In short if you feel shorts that short are too short then don't wear shorts that short.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
In regards to our clothing choices, I recall my Dad saying "yanno, I bet if you paid 5 more bucks, you could have gotten the other half" .

Haha! That's cute.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1401571153|3683970 said:
makemepretty|1401565605|3683908 said:
I dunno... when your 26-year-old son comments, upon seeing an attractive teen girl sashay, with her parents, past us at a neighborhood restaurant at brunch last week, "they let her out of the house in those, jeezus, what are they thinking?", I'd say those shorts are too short.

someone dressing trampy knows they are doing it. You arent informing them of anything. If you say something, its less helpful, and more judgmental.

if someone had their skirt tucked into there undies or something, then thats helpful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. Some of these comments are really funny, although so true. I left without comment. But I felt like I as walking away from someone who had toilet paper hanging from their pants. Oh well. You're probably all right. She probably knew. It's just hard to believe that someone who knew would still go out in public like that... Sigh...

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1401574394|3683990 said:
MollyMalone|1401571153|3683970 said:
someone dressing trampy knows they are doing it. You arent informing them of anything. If you say something, its less helpful, and more judgmental.
if someone had their skirt tucked into there undies or something, then thats helpful.
Yikes, I think there's been a misunderstanding of what happened. I'm sure none 3 of them heard my son's comment. He said it in such low tones that I barely heard it; my SO didn't, so asked me later what my son had said that made me chuckle. I was surprised and bemused by my son's spontaneous comment because it's not what I would have predicted he'd say. He seems to appreciate how his GF dresses -- and although I haven't seen her in "Daisy Dukes", no one would mistake her for a Mennonite ;))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing butt cheeks for girls and the top elastic of your underwear for boys or if you wear them low like hipsters butt crack for both is in fashion for young people. Does it look stylish and good? To me no, but to them, who knows.... It's no different to us wanting to wear skirts too short and shirts cut too low to show as much cleavage as possible when we were teens - which has been going on for decades.

At least she was a young woman with great legs modelling the look - here in Australia where it is hot I have seen 20,30 and 40 year old women that are extremely overweight with large rolls hanging out of uber uber short shorts. Now THAT isn't a good look!!!! :shock:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1401571979|3683979 said:
In short if you feel shorts that short are too short then don't wear shorts that short.

I like this statement a heck of a lot more than any that calls the woman "trampy" for short shorts. Your "trampy" is my "just fine, thanks". I happen to hate tattoos on women, but I never said so on Pricescope until today. Did you want me to tell you I think they're "trampy"?

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1401585581|3684097 said:
I like this statement a heck of a lot more than any that calls the woman "trampy" for short shorts.

By the way, lest you think I am defending myself (heaven forbid), I never wear shorts at all. But I have a slim young daughter who looks great in them. And she wears them very short indeed. I don't mind that. I just wish she wouldn't wear the low-rise shorts. But it's her body, not mine, and it is very pleasant to look at, not an eyesore.

AGBF

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like this statement a heck of a lot more than any that calls the woman "trampy" for short shorts. Your "trampy" is my "just fine, thanks". I happen to hate tattoos on women, but I never said so on Pricescope until today. Did you want me to tell you I think they're "trampy"?

AGBF

You can think anything you want is trampy. As can I and as can the OP. We don't know how short the shorts are. As they were short enough to prompt this post I assume to my standards its a tad trampy. An opinion is fine to have. But telling somebody your opinion is another thing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a SMTButttt thread :!: ... :naughty:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1401584770|3684090 said:
Showing butt cheeks for girls and the top elastic of your underwear for boys or if you wear them low like hipsters butt crack for both is in fashion for young people. Does it look stylish and good? To me no, but to them, who knows.... It's no different to us wanting to wear skirts too short and shirts cut too low to show as much cleavage as possible when we were teens - which has been going on for decades.

At least she was a young woman with great legs modelling the look - here in Australia where it is hot I have seen 20,30 and 40 year old women that are extremely overweight with large rolls hanging out of uber uber short shorts. Now THAT isn't a good look!!!! :shock:

AGBF said:
I like this statement a heck of a lot more than any that calls the woman "trampy" for short shorts.

By the way, lest you think I am defending myself (heaven forbid), I never wear shorts at all. But I have a slim young daughter who looks great in them. And she wears them very short indeed. I don't mind that. I just wish she wouldn't wear the low-rise shorts. But it's her body, not mine, and it is very pleasant to look at, not an eyesore.

AGBF

You know, I believe it's statements and feelings like these that keep us women feeling badly about ourselves at least on some level. Not everyone can have perfect legs or have a body that's not an eyesore...so what your body looks like shouldn't determine whether something is too short or not...if we don't like something, it should be just because we don't like it...not based on whether someone "deserves" to wear it...personally, I think showing your butt cheeks is inappropriate, at least during "ordinary" activities, no matter what your body looks like...and I don't think I'm basing this on the fact that I *definitely* don't have the body to wear shorts period...I just think we should be more forgiving of what people's bodies look like in whatever fashion they choose to wear...there are body types for everyone...for one person's "pleasant" may be chicken legs to another...

Not picking on you guys from a bad place - at all...maybe it's because I'm getting older, and running out of things to wear that feel appropriate based on what's underneath. :(( ETA: no, now that I think about it, it's definitely not that...I've felt this way - that we should be more forgiving in general - for a long time...when I was much younger and looked much better...but maybe it's just more pronounced now...because I really *am* running out of things that I consider to be OK to wear.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1401586159|3684100 said:

You can think anything you want is trampy. As can I and as can the OP. We don't know how short the shorts are. As they were short enough to prompt this post I assume to my standards its a tad trampy. An opinion is fine to have. But telling somebody your opinion is another thing.

Exactly. And in this very thread people are not just "having" opinions and keeping them to themselves. They are expressing their opinions. And when one expresses his opinion (as you so eloquently pointed out) he is no longer just "having" one. He is espousing his opinion. He is telling others what he thinks. And he is, therefore, inviting the rebuttal of others.

AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1401587553|3684116 said:

AGBF said:

AGBF

You know, I believe it's statements and feelings like these that keep us women feeling badly about ourselves at least on some level. Not everyone can have perfect legs or have a body that's not an eyesore...so what your body looks like shouldn't determine whether something is too short or not...if we don't like something, it should be just because we don't like it...not based on whether someone "deserves" to wear it...personally, I think showing your butt cheeks is inappropriate, at least during "ordinary" activities, no matter what your body looks like...and I don't think I'm basing this on the fact that I *definitely* don't have the body to wear shorts period...I just think we should be more forgiving of what people's bodies look like in whatever fashion they choose to wear...there are body types for everyone...for one person's "pleasant" may be chicken legs to another...

Not picking on you guys from a bad place - at all...maybe it's because I'm getting older, and running out of things to wear that feel appropriate based on what's underneath. :(( ETA: no, now that I think about it, it's definitely not that...I've felt this way - that we should be more forgiving in general - for a long time...when I was much younger and looked much better...but maybe it's just more pronounced now...because I really *am* running out of things that I consider to be OK to wear.

I debated using the word "eyesore". I am plenty forgiving of people's bodies. I do not dislike fat. But my daughter happens to look great by anyone's standards, including Hollywood's. I should have said that and left it at that.

I happen to find large women attractive and am attracted to large men. (I am heterosexual, so I am not physically attracted to large women, but I appreciate their bodies from an esthetic point of view).

I really wonder why it is OK to be judgmental about the piece of clothing a kid wears and not the kind an older person wears, though. Why is a kid called "inappropriate" for showing too much and adult supposed to be treated kindly because he or she is older and needs help with fashion due to age? Why can't both be treated with kindness?

AGBF

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1401588599|3684124 said:
CJ2008|1401587553|3684116 said:

AGBF said:

AGBF

I debated using the word "eyesore". I am plenty forgiving of people's bodies. I do not dislike fat. But my daughter happens to look great by anyone's standards, including Hollywood's. I should have said that and left it at that.

I happen to find large women attractive and am attracted to large men. (I am heterosexual, so I am not physically attracted to large women, but I appreciate their bodies from an esthetic point of view).

I really wonder why it is OK to be judgmental about the piece of clothing a kid wears and not the kind an older person wears, though. Why is a kid called "inappropriate" for showing too much and adult supposed to be treated kindly because he or she is older and needs help with fashion due to age? Why can't both be treated with kindness?

AGBF

Hmmmm...I don't see thinking something is inappropriate (no matter what the age) is unkind...or I guess not as unkind (in my mind at least) to judge people's bodies...one is based on something that's genetic for the most part, the other is a choice of clothing, although I do see that it IS still passing judgment.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
As long as no one was in danger -I would not say anything to a stranger. It's her bottom to dress. I live in an extremely conservative area, even the college kids don't often wear shorts that show their cheeky side.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1401589091|3684132 said:
As long as no one was in danger -I would not say anything to a stranger. It's her bottom to dress. I live in an extremely conservative area, even the college kids don't often wear shorts that show their cheeky side.

This whole discussion is making me think I have to take a closer look! I don't think my daughter can be showing any derriere or I would have noticed...but all this talk about bottoms has me wondering where her shorts end when seen from the rear. They look short from the front...but then I have mentioned that. I really don't care to see her low-rise jean tops! I think we are fine from the back!!!

Deb/AGBF

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am quite chunky myself so I want to set the record straight and say that my comments were not having a go at people of any particular size. Having said that we all know that pouring yourself into clothing regardless of your size that is way too small for you that has large chunks of anything hang out or over clothing really isn't that flattering a look and lets face it there ARE age appropriate ways to dress and there aren't and like or not, (discriminatory or not) you all know what I am talking about here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results