shape
carat
color
clarity

Shop at SEARS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
This has already been verified on Snopes as being TRUE! http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn''t always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven''t withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it''s cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
[email protected]
1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have always associated Sears with apliances and not much else...although I did purchase a new washer there last year. We do not have one around here close enough to shop at.

But I do agree that they are doing a great thing! Especially in this economy!

Go Sears!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is amazing and admirable of Sears!! I could probably think up of things to buy my nephew and hubby from Sears. Thanks for letting us know.
36.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, who knew...thats wonderful...

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 11:30:55 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
I have always associated Sears with apliances and not much else...although I did purchase a new washer there last year. We do not have one around here close enough to shop at.

Go Sears!
REALLY? Maybe it''s different in the US. I worked for Estee Lauder, and the ONLY place to buy Lauder products in my city is SEARS. When I think of Sears, I think "Estee Lauder Bonus time!! lol

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! We just bought an electric shaver there for a pressie without knowing. Glad we did!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 12:12:54 PM
Author: beau13

Date: 12/4/2008 11:30:55 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~

Go Sears!
REALLY? Maybe it''s different in the US. I worked for Estee Lauder, and the ONLY place to buy Lauder products in my city is SEARS. When I think of Sears, I think ''Estee Lauder Bonus time!! lol
Wow, you must have a nice Sears in your town! Our Sears here is kind of........well for lack of better words - dumpy. No estee lauder here. All the clothes are always strewn around, and nothing is ever organized. I think that''s a great thing sears is doing, but I don''t really like going in there. Its so unkept and cluttered.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Yes Joflier, our Sears is probably the biggest department store here (in a community of about 165 000). IF you want Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Elizabeth Arden/Shiseido...this is THE place to get it. The store always looks great, and the girls in the fragrance/cosmetic section are always dressed to the nines, and looking fabulous!! It's funny when I watch "Extreme Home Makeover" and they shop at Sears for appliances/furnishings. I wouldn't dream of purchasing an appliance (such as a Fridge/Stove..Big Screen TV) from Sears. Like I said, I think Sears Canada, is quite different fromt he Sears you are used to!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 1:03:44 PM
Yes Joflier, our Sears is probably the biggest department store here (in a community of about 165 000). IF you want Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Elizabeth Arden/Shiseido...this is THE place to get it. The store always looks great, and the girls in the fragrance/cosmetic section are always dressed to the nines, and looking fabulous!! It''s funny when I watch ''Extreme Home Makeover'' and they shop at Sears for appliances/furnishings. I wouldn''t dream of purchasing an appliance (such as a Fridge/Stove..Big Screen TV) from Sears. Like I said, I think Sears Canada, is quite different fromt he Sears you are used to!
Wow - ya, they must be different. Do they have namebrand clothing and shoes as well, like US dept stores? Where bout''s in Canada, if you don''t mind my asking?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been aware of this for a few years and it''s one of the reasons I shop there. Our Sears carries Lands End, Levi, Skechers, Craftsman, and a pretty fair jewelry selection in addition to the appliances and electronics. Also, our Sears will price match any competitor (even online!).

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 1:13:24 PM
Author: joflier

Yes Joflier, our Sears is probably the biggest department store here (in a community of about 165 000). IF you want Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Dior, Elizabeth Arden/Shiseido...this is THE place to get it. The store always looks great, and the girls in the fragrance/cosmetic section are always dressed to the nines, and looking fabulous!! It''s funny when I watch ''Extreme Home Makeover'' and they shop at Sears for appliances/furnishings. I wouldn''t dream of purchasing an appliance (such as a Fridge/Stove..Big Screen TV) from Sears. Like I said, I think Sears Canada, is quite different fromt he Sears you are used to!
Wow - ya, they must be different. Do they have namebrand clothing and shoes as well, like US dept stores? Where bout''s in Canada, if you don''t mind my asking?
Every major city in EVERY province of Canada has a Sears (or a few..like Toronto). Yes, they carry namebrand clothing/shoes. I just noticed they started carrying Lands End (which we can''t normally find in Canada) at Sears.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really great of them. My parents are big Sears shoppers...we''re not just because they don''t really have things we need there, but I applaud them just the same!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock

Ha yea that''s funny.. wasn''t Sears pretty fancy in the 70''s in the US?? I just think of the Brady Bunch Movie.. "put on your Sunday best kids, we''re going to SEARS!!"

But yea, now all it''s good for is tools and appliances.

I did not know Sears treated their military employees so well.. good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results